Other Options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Other Options

Boyes and Streit?

Prospal and Nikitin?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Wilson wants a high end almost ready NHL Dman prospect and a draft pick. Clowe will not come cheap. If Kelly or Peverley have to be bought out for Cammalleri next summer so be it, same goes for Bouwmeester.

Bartman perhaps? lol

I get what you are saying but don't consider a Krug and a pick to be so pricey. Full disclosure, I am a big fan of Clowe....

My point was I don't think PC got outdueled becuase Joe N wanted Morrow the real good D prospect instead of KoKo. Akso the NMC comes into play Morrow can choose where he wants to go.

Oh and I agree, I don't care about Clowe's number as he is the kind of beast the Bruins need in the corners during the playoffs. I say bench Peverley and bring in Gagne as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Isn't Gaborik from the Rangers on their list for players that are trade bait? I know i read that some where that the Rangers were looking to trade him. I know his cap hit is huge but that guy sure can score. I think he would thrive on the B's. Just dreaming though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I like Ray Whitney and maybe Robidas from Dallas. I've always liked Whitney.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Lucic - Krejci - St. Louis

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

Peverly - Roy - Horton

Campbell-Kelly-Paille (when Kelly returns. Thornton in meantime)

Off the bench: Thornton #13 forward; Caron #14 forward

Chara - Boyle

Seidenberg - Hamilton

Ference - Boychuck

Off the bench: McQuaid; Johnson or Smid (money will be thin by now)

In essence, I'd love for the Bs to focus on the back end as well as up front. Go get Streit or Boyle.

Up front, I'd be thrilled with St. Louis as Plan A. Plan B for me is a toss-up between Derek Roy and Ales Hemsky. Either could be a nice addition to the 3rd line, with Roy allowing Peverly to move back to wing until Kelly returns. Hemsky is simply your 3rd line RW. Not sold on Clowe's horrific season, but wouldn't mind see that move as a longshot for the 3rd.

I think all moves could be done under current cap, with decisions to be made on Horton, Ference and Streit after the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I really like Cammellari, but his cap hit is too big for next year. I want the Mullet. He would add skill to the third line, UFA at end of the year, plays low minutes, outstanding on the PP, left shot up front for the PP. He could probably be had for much less than Iginla, and he's the kind of player who can play a top6 role if someone gets hurt.  Give me Jaromir Jagr. He's no Iginla, but he does have more points in less minutes per game.  Also more points than Horton or Lucic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know it will get me accused of going after ex-girlfriends, but if you're looking at Streit, why not Boyes as well? UFA, only $1 million cap hit, and he has more points this year than every Bruin except Marchand and Bergeron. Only problem I see with getting it done is the Isles are clinging to playoff hopes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhome. Show hockeyhome's posts

Ok, so can we get past the "boo hoo no Iginla" threads and move on?

What's next? What else is out there?

Forwards:

1. Clowe, SJ-can't score but could be fine for the third line

2. Cammellari, CGY-can score but is owed $7 million next season

3. Hemsky, EDM-nice hands but an injury magnet and $5 million cap hit

Dmen:

Whitney, EDM-this is rumoured to be happening (but so was Iginla), obvious deterioration of skills, likely due to his bad ankle

Boumeester, CGY-can eat big minutes but $6.6 million cap hit for next season is a bit excessive

Smid, EDM-solid stay at home type, has absolutely no offensive value

What else is there?

I know he is not on the market but I would go for Jamie Benn from Dallas then Stewart from      St. Louis 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I know it will get me accused of going after ex-girlfriends, but if you're looking at Streit, why not Boyes as well? UFA, only $1 million cap hit, and he has more points this year than every Bruin except Marchand and Bergeron. Only problem I see with getting it done is the Isles are clinging to playoff hopes.

You said it first...so how do Stewart and Gill look these days? Could do worse for 3rd pairing depth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Stuart looks good, but Peverley looks better for us now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like Glencross, Robidas, Smid, and I guess Cammalleri if he's available.  Matthias is another option.

And Edmonton has to be looking to move some of the talented young forwards to get a little better balance of size and veterans on that roster.  Somebody...Pajaarvi, Gagner, Jones, Hemsky etc. has to be available.  I haven't researched which of those guys make sense, but PC has been pretty good at finding guys that nobody was talking about in the past.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Does anyone else like the sound of Ray Whitney? He has his injury for the year out of the way already... Haha.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Stuart looks good, but Peverley looks better for us now.

I can't see the Jets giving up a reliable stay at home D when they're sitting in third spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

My point was I don't think PC got outdueled becuase Joe N wanted Morrow the real good D prospect instead of KoKo. Akso the NMC comes into play Morrow can choose where he wants to go.

Oh and I agree, I don't care about Clowe's number as he is the kind of beast the Bruins need in the corners during the playoffs. I say bench Peverley and bring in Gagne as well.

Fair point. Do you think Morrow and Iginla picked the Pens because of the possibility they may have Pandolfo or Caron as linemates if they became Bruins? lol.....just kidding!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

You said it first...so how do Stewart and Gill look these days? Could do worse for 3rd pairing depth.

Might want to take a pass on Gill...his expiration date has looong since passed.....:)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Gill is not the answer. I'll pass on that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I have a question.. Is Sodesberg (sp) not coming and going to be a third line player?  Also Kelly will be back which will be a huge depth part.  Doesn't that fill two holes in the top 9?  I really think come playoffs the first line will step it up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I have a question.. Is Sodesberg (sp) not coming and going to be a third line player?  Also Kelly will be back which will be a huge depth part.  Doesn't that fill two holes in the top 9?  I really think come playoffs the first line will step it up.

The easiest answer to this is that no one has any idea about the following things:

1) if he is even coming over at all

2) when if he is

3) if he is even NHL worthy

No one knows and to bank on that, plus Kelly coming back and being 100% come playoff time, is a very risky proposition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Boyes and Streit?

Id take that combo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not surprising he is my first pick.  He scores, plays gritty, smart, speed and performs in the playoffs.  My offer.  1st and peverly.  Peverly has term left as does cammy.  Means horton can walk and hes replaced.  

My next pickup is clowezy OR Talbot.  Revamping my 3rd line. 

Dk/cammy/lucic

bergie line

kelly/horton/talbot  

My biggest concern is defense:  

you wont beat a pitt or montreal with lumbering def.  sarich is just a depth guy who can play some minutes.  Id look to jbo or boyle.  Both keep the puck moving and can skate, pass and keep the play moving fwd.  the fact our backend needed a upgrade prior to the injuries i think we need to grab 2 dmen.  

Good picks. I see PC doing a big trade now to get everything he needs in one shot. So, in my opinion it will likely be one of 3 combos:

1) Whitney/Hemsky

2) Camm/Boumeester

3) Clowe/Boyle

My favorite is #3 because, as I already pointed out, I see Clowe as an eventual replacement for Horton.

Mine is Cammalleri and then Robidas.  

Cammalleri is signed and a much better option going into the playoffs and as a replacement.  Clowe is a ufa.   SJ would get more dealing them seperately.  But i like your thinking.  

Two ex-habs.... we see your real colors. I hate it when habs fan come on here and pretend day in and day out they are bruins fan......................... check your other posts and it is obvious

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What? Shupe a Habs fan? I don't agree with him a lot of the time, but that's just loopy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

Two ex-habs.... we see your real colors. I hate it when habs fan come on here and pretend day in and day out they are bruins fan......................... check your other posts and it is obvious

^ignore^

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What? Shupe a Habs fan? I don't agree with him a lot of the time, but that's just loopy.

I actually like shupe a lot as a poster and always try to read his posts.  One of the good guys here and usually very interesting.

And I think he's a Bruin fan...but...it has crossed my mind before that he is a closeted Habs fans.  On several occasions....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I actually like shupe a lot as a poster and always try to read his posts.  One of the good guys here and usually very interesting.

And I think he's a Bruin fan...but...it has crossed my mind before that he is a closeted Habs fans.  On several occasions....

Keep reading his posts (past and future) ..... it's so obvious.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It is, of course, impossible to like players that now or have ever played for a team you hate.

Sections
Shortcuts