Other Options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Other Options

Mattias would be a good pick up, Boyle to, Roy as well all. + players except Boyle , but he can help them on the PP and not that bad on defense. Pittsburgh has a good team they should be the favorites, but that means nothing.  Lets say come May the lines look like this Lucic - DK- Horton .Marchand- Seguin - Bergeron,  Kelley- Peverley-( Mattias or Roy. Then on defense.                    Chara- Seidenberg   Boyle -Mcquaid  Boychuk- Hamilton or Ferrence sits then your forth line is what it is.This is if they can get healthy of course a big if . Krug, Johnson, Bartkowski sorry if I misspelled his name Out - Caron, Pandolfo Out. Roy or Mattias In same as the D as well. That is a team that could compete with Pittsburgh. The problem is everyone will say I want them to win the Cup Again because I am never satisfied fine, but just because they didn't get Morrow or Iginla doesn't mean they have no chance. I was frustrated to the other night but as you take a step back it isn't all that bad. They have to get healthy and yes PC needs to make 2 moves without a doubt. I just want to know did the Kings make any great moves last year when they won it and if they did weren't they still an 8 th seed and didn't get in until the final weekend. I will withhold any judgement until April 3 and enjoy the rumor mill fun with everybody else. Now make a couple of deals PC lets go everyone is waiting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Can we stop with Ryane Clowe.  The guy with 0 goals in 26 games?  Nice player to have long term, but I have no interest in a lick and a promise that he'll come out of his slump.

Buy low/ sell high.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I actually noticed that stat as well. I would welcome him.  I think we need more then that.  This time last night we lost to my favorite team and i had a grinch grin bc i was sure iginla was coming.  

Trade deadline should be interesting.  Im calling for a player no one has mentioned to be the big pickup.  

Much more is needed to compete with the Wales Conference All Stars, but Mattias would be an awesome third liner here.

I agree he has tremendous upside... but what makes you think he is available (or should I say available at a price PC is willing to pay?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

I just want to know did the Kings make any great moves last year when they won it and if they did weren't they still an 8 th seed and didn't get in until the final weekend.

They sent Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

bartkowski & a 2nd for cammaleri   kokolechev & peverly for c. stewart

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I agree he has tremendous upside... but what makes you think he is available (or should I say available at a price PC is willing to pay?)

The Panthers have to do something.  Because he's never really been given an opportunity to do anything, I think he'd cost less than his skills would dictate.

Plus, Tallon is an idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Feaster is an idiot too... look how that turned out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

25 6-4 225 making less then a million  Matthias would look great in a spoked B, he stands out every game they play.  I cant even believe Tallon is that stupid. I think that would be close to the Neely trade. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

The Panthers have to do something.  Because he's never really been given an opportunity to do anything, I think he'd cost less than his skills would dictate.

He's a 25 year old former 2nd round pick who will be Restricted next year.  I believe he would be more expensive then Peverley was.  What do you think.  Caron / Spooner and a pick?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

He's a 25 year old former 2nd round pick who will be Restricted next year.  I believe he would be more expensive then Peverley was.  What do you think.  Caron / Spooner and a pick?

The year before the trade for Peverley, he had 22 goals and 55 points.

Mattias has a career high of 24 points.

Being a second round pick seven years ago probably won't be a factor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I would love to see the Bs trade for Matthias but I have to believe he's one of the guys that Tallon will hold on too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Perhaps the B's would be perfectly fine to do nothing at all?

Just throwing it out there.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

Kind of sounds like throwing in the towell.

I am already on record stating I believe PC will not make a major addition so this is just me wondering what everyone else thinks of this possibility.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhome. Show hockeyhome's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hes having a ST type year.  

WTF.  He's a real hockey player.  He's no goon.  I put very, very little stock in +/-, but Gudbranson is a -17 and Campbell is -19.  Mattias is +2. 

I'll take him in boston big some skill and trys hard

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Yandle and Boedker?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Yandle and Boedker?

Interesting. Boedker is someone I'm not really familiar with. I like the aggressive ideas though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

If they add a significant defenseman like Yandle, who is out of the lineup?  I guess if McQuaid is still injured, that would be answered.  But I like all of our defensemen.  Ference has not been at his best, but I couldn't imagine not having him in the playoffs.  Could Hamilton be bumped out?  I'm thinking it might be the best course to make Hamilton the seventh defenseman, if we bring in a bonafide top 4 guy.  It would be like how we started the playoffs with Seguin out of the lineup in 2011.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

You would think FLA would do something and Matthias sounds like a good Bruin to me. However, Tallon may not be quite dumb enough to do that. I'm afraid we're more likely to see Tomas Fleischmann. Not impressed.

Yandle and Boedker? Are either in play? I haven't seen enough yotes games in the past couple of seasons to have any ideas on Boedker. But it's probably a safe bet he'd be better riding 3rd line LW than Caron or Flounder.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Mikkel Boedker:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?6551

UFA after this season

(BTW: It's "Mick-el" as in "Mick Jagger", not "Michael")

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I just looked up Boedker. He was the Yotes 1st rounder in 2008, 8th overall pick. He's 6' and 210 so decent size and hits a bit. 49 hits through 34 games. Probably puts him ahead of all the B's forwards except Lucic. 6 goals 14 assists. It's safe to say he's fallen well short of expectations being the 8th overall pick. Maybe he can be had for a case of Sam and Tommy Cross?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I just looked up Boedker. He was the Yotes 1st rounder in 2008, 8th overall pick. He's 6' and 210 so decent size and hits a bit. 49 hits through 34 games. Probably puts him ahead of all the B's forwards except Lucic. 6 goals 14 assists. It's safe to say he's fallen well short of expectations being the 8th overall pick. Maybe he can be had for a case of Sam and Tommy Cross?

He was actually very good for the Yotes last year in their playoff run. PC could do much worse. Like, say, have Daugavins as his sole pickup to help the team in its "cup run"....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

He was actually very good for the Yotes last year in their playoff run. PC could do much worse. Like, say, have Daugavins as his sole pickup to help the team in its "cup run"....

I don't know if it will be Boedker but honestly, this is the kind of player PC is likely to pick up. I'm sure he is trying to do something bigger but that kind of deal just may not be there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Boedker has a low cap hit (1.0), you might call him "a poor man's Marian Garborik", but Yandle would be the big fish for me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I don't know if it will be Boedker but honestly, this is the kind of player PC is likely to pick up. I'm sure he is trying to do something bigger but that kind of deal just may not be there.

Boedker is also perfect for the Yotes as well. Young, cheap, relatively productive, and controllable (RFA). I do not see what PC can do to woe them into a trade. They don't need prospects or to add salary.

Sections
Shortcuts