Other Options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Re: Other Options

In response to DrCC's comment:

It is, of course, impossible to like players that now or have ever played for a team you hate.

It is for me........ but it's not just the players mentionned in this post........it's the overall collection of his work here. (I may only have 4 posts but I've been reading for years)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Just someone to put on the third line, I've given up hope for a top 6 forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DutchBostonian. Show DutchBostonian's posts

Maybe this debacle is good for something! Maybe it will get the players p*ssed off and we get the old Big Bad Bruins back!

In that case we are at the same level as we were 2 years ago and all we needed to bring here to get a cup was a mediocre puck moving d-man. Now there is a above average puck moving d-man on the market……so by far i would opt to get Bouwmeester here and relive 2 years ago.

(yeah yeah i know, i kinda take Thomas out of the equation of the cup-run but hey a man can dream right? lol)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DutchBostonian's comment:

Maybe this debacle is good for something! Maybe it will get the players p*ssed off and we get the old Big Bad Bruins back!

In that case we are at the same level as we were 2 years ago and all we needed to bring here to get a cup was a mediocre puck moving d-man. Now there is a above average puck moving d-man on the market……so by far i would opt to get Bouwmeester here and relive 2 years ago.

(yeah yeah i know, i kinda take Thomas out of the equation of the cup-run but hey a man can dream right? lol)

PC also brought in Kelly and Peverley that year just before the deadline. They helped too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Any ex Canadian's available,if Boston plays Montreal in playoffs you no Ryder will kill them

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mattias!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bobruins,

you have 5 posts, half are about me.  Do I like Subban?  Darn straight.  I like Plekanec, Moan, Prust, I think Price is an amazing goalie. 
    I am sure Dez thinks I'm a Philly fan.  Believe what you want.  I find it funny that you are new and have people ignoring you already though.  I've been posting here for way too long...I was at the parade in Boston and live in Nova Scotia.  Were you? 

I have a stalker not named BsL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Clowe & Smid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Acceptable recovery from this horrific meltdown would be the following combinations of:

Ryan Whitney

Martin St. Louis

Ryan Clowe

-------------------

Mark Streit

Bobby Ryan

Derek Roy

-------------------

Keith Yandle

Ales Hemsky

Martin St. Louis

-------------------

Players from roster that may be moved: capgeek.com (non-prorated)

Nathan Horton- $4,000,000

Rich Peverley-$3,250,000

Andrew Ference-$2,250,000

Jordan Caron-$1,100,000

Total: $10,600,000

Its pretty clear that the Bruins have more than enough wiggle room in cap space to take on more than one hefty contract. More so, they have players on the current roster that may be moved for additional moves.

Simply put, there is no excuse why PC cannot find himself still looking like a saint. There are still significant moves out there to be made. Let's see what the upper management is made of over the next few days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Can we stop with Ryane Clowe.  The guy with 0 goals in 26 games?  Nice player to have long term, but I have no interest in a lick and a promise that he'll come out of his slump.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Can we stop with Ryane Clowe.  The guy with 0 goals in 26 games?  Nice player to have long term, but I have no interest in a lick and a promise that he'll come out of his slump.

I love Clowezy but you could be right about him this year.  Plus we have similar style guys that are kinda slumpy as well.  I want Cammalleri.  But i doubt that happens unless Feaster gives us a good faith move. 

Still guys we arent even thinking about on the radar.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

bobruins,

you have 5 posts, half are about me.  Do I like Subban?  Darn straight.  I like Plekanec, Moan, Prust, I think Price is an amazing goalie. 
    I am sure Dez thinks I'm a Philly fan.  Believe what you want.  I find it funny that you are new and have people ignoring you already though.  I've been posting here for way too long...I was at the parade in Boston and live in Nova Scotia.  Were you? 

Don't worry i'm not a stalker....

I live just outside Montreal and i come to this Bruins board to get away from the constant media and fan bull about the habs and to read about real Bruins hockey by real Bruins fans. I've never posted but have been reading for years. So when i read posters that regularly worship habs players, management moves and brand of hockey on this board  i question why they would do this here on a Bruins forum.....and question if they are real Bruins fans. I don't approve habs or other teams fans comming here and taunt Bruins fans but i get why they do it. What i don't get is the pretenders who say they are Bruins fans and like Fletcher1 said are really closeted habs fans.

For your info i was born in 1936 and i follow the Bruins since the age of 12 when my uncle who was a die hard Bruins fan brought me to my first bruins game at the old Boston Garden in 1948. I hate the habs for as long as i can remember and hated all ex-habs players that made it someday on the Bruins roster... the Nilan, Richer, Begin, Ryder, Vachon, Naslund etc....and I don't want any of them on the Bruins now or ever.

I was at the 1970 & 1972 cup parades. Couldn't make it to the 2011 because of health problems but my two sons and five grandsons were there. I raised them to be real Bruins fans and we hate with a passion anything that is red, white and blue....

So long fellas...... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Acceptable recovery from this horrific meltdown would be the following combinations of:

Oh my head.  The drama queens here are just out of control.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

bobruins,

Don't worry i'm not a stalker....

I live just outside Montreal and i come to this Bruins board to get away from the constant media and fan bull about the habs and to read about real Bruins hockey by real Bruins fans. I've never posted but have been reading for years. So when i read posters that regularly worship habs players, management moves and brand of hockey on this board  i question why they would do this here on a Bruins forum.....and question if they are real Bruins fans. I don't approve habs or other teams fans comming here and taunt Bruins fans but i get why they do it. What i don't get is the pretenders who say they are Bruins fans and like Fletcher1 said are really closeted habs fans.

For your info i was born in 1936 and i follow the Bruins since the age of 12 when my uncle who was a die hard Bruins fan brought me to my first bruins game at the old Boston Garden in 1948. I hate the habs for as long as i can remember and hated all ex-habs players that made it someday on the Bruins roster... the Nilan, Richer, Begin, Ryder, Vachon, Naslund etc....and I don't want any of them on the Bruins now or ever.

I was at the 1970 & 1972 cup parades. Couldn't make it to the 2011 because of health problems but my two sons and five grandsons were there. I raised them to be real Bruins fans and we hate with a passion anything that is red, white and blue....

So long fellas...... 

Im raised in an all hab family.  My mom bought me a Bruins jersey when i was in grade five bc it matched my minor hockey team colors.  It stuck to me bc they always were the underdogs.  I loved that role.  I also grew up, played and am very good friends with glen murray so even more thrilled he wore bruins colors and i met a slew of bruins at his wedding  I have his signed photo up to my 5 year old son.  A 5 year old that named our 8 week old puppy Bruin.  

The fact i can appreciate other players on other teams is the bc i absolutely love hockey.  If you think im a habs fan i can give you my dads phone number and he can tell you about all the times my heart was stabbed.  His line " the good thing about sports is there is always next year"

danny grant was my coach at university. He had sick mits even for an oldtimer.  

Im sure most in here would call me lots of things.  Im offside a lot.  But to call me a habs closet fan is comical.  

Im glad your boys could take in the parade and more importantly i hope your health is better.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's a dumb name for a dog.

Should have named it "Robidas".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That's a dumb name for a dog.

Should have named it "Robidas".

he wanted chara.  everything on earth is compared to chara.  Is sid taller then chara.  Is chara taller then the house.  Etc etc. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mattias with a pair tonight, giving him 12, nine in March when he was rescued from the Skille/Parros combo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Mattias with a pair tonight, giving him 12, nine in March when he was rescued from the Skille/Parros combo.

Hes having a ST type year.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WTF.  He's a real hockey player.  He's no goon.  I put very, very little stock in +/-, but Gudbranson is a -17 and Campbell is -19.  Mattias is +2. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

he wanted chara.  everything on earth is compared to chara.  Is sid taller then chara.  Is chara taller then the house.  Etc etc. 

That's awesome.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

WTF.  He's a real hockey player.  He's no goon.  I put very, very little stock in +/-, but Gudbranson is a -17 and Campbell is -19.  Mattias is +2. 

I actually noticed that stat as well. I would welcome him.  I think we need more then that.  This time last night we lost to my favorite team and i had a grinch grin bc i was sure iginla was coming.  

Trade deadline should be interesting.  Im calling for a player no one has mentioned to be the big pickup.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I actually noticed that stat as well. I would welcome him.  I think we need more then that.  This time last night we lost to my favorite team and i had a grinch grin bc i was sure iginla was coming.  

Trade deadline should be interesting.  Im calling for a player no one has mentioned to be the big pickup.  

Much more is needed to compete with the Wales Conference All Stars, but Mattias would be an awesome third liner here.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Here's who's on the team they will have to beat in the playoffs: Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Kunitz, Neal, Dupuis, Morrow and Letang.

The assessment is both easy and difficult: whom do you add to your roster to beat this team?  I'll bet it begins with solidyfing a D corps before adding a sniper.  They need both, but don't overlook the importance of another Chara-like beast on the blue line.

Ive stated defense should be priority number one.  But there are no charas available.  

Pitt is extremely talented up front.  But they can abuse Pitts def and goalie.  

I mentioned Regehr and i still like him.  Hes slowed some but is known to shut other teams better players down.  Jbo is in calgary.  Not sure we call them again this year.  Boyle and Campbell can skate and move the puck  and would improve the pp big time.  

I agree though.  chara needs help.  I dont trust ference anymore, boychuk and mcQ are hurting.  Thats a lot of pressure on hamilton, seidz and chara.  

I can see campbell and mattias in boston.  possibly sending the calgary pkg the other way.   I then would want someone to take ST spot for the playoffs.  cant have the knuckle dragger eating up minutes.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I also like derek roy.