Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough

What happened to TJ Ojhie after the dirty hit : Nothing ...what happened to Coburn when he hit Bergeron - nothing ....what happened to Cooke after he hit Savard = not much from Thornton ....other NHL teams have no more respect fot the Bruins even at the Garden ...this would have never happened in the days of O'Reilly ....what is going on ?????  We need to stop all those dirty hits ...3 concussions in 3 years to our talented players ......
    McGrattan = insurance policy,,,, ! !  With McGrattan in the line up I'm not sure that TJ Ojhie would have been so agressive ....not sure that Cooke would have hit Marc Savard with such a dirty hit  not sure that Bergeron would have missed a whole season because of Coburn ...I think the Bruins are not enough agressive and the goons from the other teams have no fear to play the Bruins anymore ...Julien doesnt want Lucic to fight and I agree with him ditto for Chara ...and Thornton doesnt knock out any of his opponent anymore , McGrattan is an animal and can kick azz....WE NEED McGrattan otherwise it will happen again ....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH  ....Cam Neely needs to step up and upgrade the roughing level of the team ....or else ...who is next ? Seguin ?  Ryder ?? 

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough

Hey, I'm very happy with my budding future superstar goaltender and my team's first place standing in the Northeast...

But this is me laughing at all these whiny Bruin fans who claim Oshie's hit on Krejci was "dirty" or that they somehow deserve "more respect" from other teams.

http://audio.weei.com/m/22056546/jack-edwards-laugh-box-htm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The hit was clean--the collision was mutual. I'm more worried about Krejci's penchant for getting injured. He's vitally important to the team.

You want to complain about hits: yes, Randy Jones and Matt Cooke, if there's any karmic hockey wheel turning, deserve to get plastered big-time for their 100% dirty, cowardly hits that could have cost both players their careers, not to mention a lifetimes' worth of serious mental injury--and we don't even know yet if Savard will ever truly recover.

But having McGratten on the bench or ice at the time would have changed nothing. These things usually happen--and in this case certainly did happen--in a fraction of a second and there's no forethought involved. Oshie and DJ are both heading for each other--Oshie's not thinking ANYTHING--much less "oooh, I better pull up b/c McGratten's over there and he's really big and might beat me up if I hit this guy"....don't be ridiculous.

There's much less opportunity as well in modern hockey for the "payback"...usually teams are only hurting themselves w/penalties if they do it that could cost them the game and vital points in a season where the difference between making the playoffs and missing out can come down (as it did w/one of 2 teams that made it to the FINALS last year) to a single point based on a shootout outcome in the last freaking game of the year. You wanna jeapordize that b/c a player that happens to be one of ours went down on a clean hit?  

The 1970's bench-clearing payback brawls are history--the only "toughness" a team really needs is guys who won't get knocked off the puck in the corner or along the boards so they can keep possession and make something happen, or on D, knock the other guy off the puck and clear the zone.

I'm ticked off that Krejci got hurt, too...he's one of my favorite Bruins...but there's no "league controversy" to "beat up on the Bruins." Stuff happens in an instant in this game, and it happens to every team. The Bruins --minus the Savard/bergeron examples--have had a string of bad luck in the injury dept. and I wish it would stop as much as the next fan, but that's the extent of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

Overall I think I agree with Stanley on this, it was not dirty hit by any mean just a solid collision on both players IMHO. How ever! base on the league's trend, if your team mate got hit let alone one of your best player, clean hit or not...the gloves will drop. Pretty much the Bruins seem to be one of very few team will not response such way  (don't you think Sabotka knew about this before he slamed Thornton into the board?) YES I think it's coaching...I'm not saying its wrong way, but I'm sure other teams acknowledged this about the Bruins,..enuff is enuff....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough:
    [QUOTE]hangnail ...you are an Idiot .....I have never seen so many concussions ..in the last 3 years 3 for the B's ....other teams have to fear the Bruins a bit more ...I dont think that with McGrattan on the bench, Mr TJ Ojhie would have been so brave ....and no one went after him after he knock down Krejci. Last year we lost against the Flyers when  ...we lost Krejci = dirty hit again, courtesy of Mike Richards ...that was an intentionnal hit and the purpose was to take Krejci out he was playing too well and he was dominant .....no one went after Richards..the Flyers know that they can hurt our talented players and one will go after them ....go ahead guys ...what the F....are we waiting for ?????  I dont want to see Seguin getting a dirty hit and miss a whole season ....Hello someone ! ! ! !   Am I the only one that sees that ????????????? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    The hits weren't dirty and I'm beginning to suspect that YOU are truly an idiot or very young child.Either way enough already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

And, bergeron got hit by Randy Jones, not Coburn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : We all saw what happenned when ference went after a Blue after a clean hit on Recchi.Quite frankly I would think less of the team toughness if they were constantly attacking players for clean hits.Sometimes you have to just  deal with it within the rules.The Bruins laid a number of big hits themselves that game.should the rest of the game been fight filled after every hit?Maybe they should abolish hitting all together so nobody gets hurt.And look at the injured list throughout the league.most teams have players injured from hits and I doubt all of their fans are crying about toughness every day.I'm also sick of fans expecting Chara to fight.No one wants to fight him.Should he attack people that turtle on him and then get kicked out.Ridiculous.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Thank you dez, my thoughts exactly.  It is fine to fight when something dirty or cheap happens, or even occasionally after a clean hit (like Ference with Backes), but calling for the Bruins to try to intimidate other teams away from checking (in hockey!) is both unrealistic and dubious.  I hate the game being stopped after every good check for a retaliatory fight.  Big (clean) checks are one of the things that makes the game great.

The only Bruins concussion I can think of that should have resulted in vengence was Savard's.  The hit on Bergeron was questionable, but I saw no intent there.  Bergeron himself confirmed that. 

I think this notion that if you have more goons in the line-up and fight more often that will prevent our players from getting checked (in hockey!) is silly.  There's no way that Oshie lets up on a clean 50/50 check because he fears vengence.  He's a hockey player, and he got the best of our game.  Dust yourself off and move on.  McGratton slugging away with Jansen does nothing to help the situation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

If Wheeler had thrown a hit like that (not likely, I know), many Bruin fans would be acting like a tween off their Ritalin...

"And how's this for irony.  The crowd wants a call for a hit...."

-Jack Edwards  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]It wasn't a dirty hit..period! Krejci gets hit all the time. Watch a game, watch him get shoved around. He is a little guys. Oshie and hime were going for the puck and Oshie is stronger. Thats it. If Krecji didn't go for the puck and bailed out we would of all been calling him a Pu@#Y.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt. He couldve handled that without a fullspeed trainwreck against oshie. Krejci shouldnt be throwing himself around like that he is a little guy. Much more valuable dangling defenseman and making passes then slamming into Frieghttrains like Oshie. I hope CJ wasnt telling him to throw the body if he was :facepalm:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]hangnail ...you are an Idiot .....I have never seen so many concussions ..in the last 3 years 3 for the B's ....other teams have to fear the Bruins a bit more ...I dont think that with McGrattan on the bench, Mr TJ Ojhie would have been so brave ....and no one went after him after he knock down Krejci. Last year we lost against the Flyers when  ...we lost Krejci = dirty hit again, courtesy of Mike Richards ...that was an intentionnal hit and the purpose was to take Krejci out he was playing too well and he was dominant .....no one went after Richards..the Flyers know that they can hurt our talented players and one will go after them ....go ahead guys ...what the F....are we waiting for ?????  I dont want to see Seguin getting a dirty hit and miss a whole season ....Hello someone ! ! ! !   Am I the only one that sees that ????????????? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley - I won't stoop to your level of name calling.  I just don't roll like that and I have too much respect for myself and others.  But you go ahead and do whatever you feel is right for you.

Now I'm not sure what games you've been watching, but it looked to me like Krejci was the one who initiated the contact and Oshie was just acting on instincts by setting his skates and bracing for contact.  It was like a collision between a VW Bug and a freight train and we all know the result

And as much as I hated seeing Krejci get hurt last year by Richards, it was a clean hit.  Playoff time is not the time to retaliate, maybe we'll see it in early December when they meet in the regu;ar season.  Good day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Oshie's hit on Krejci was clean.

What a bunch of whiners here !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

C'mon Stanley, you seem to have this obsession with vigilante toughness, when hockey is a rough sport and sometimes people get hit.  There was nothing "dirty" about Oshie's hit!  We would love it if a Bruins player hit like that.

I hate how in the current NHL every big hit has to be followed by a fight.  You are supposed to hit people in hockey.  The Blues happen to do a pretty good job of it.

What you're suggesting is that somebody should have jumped Oshie for winning a 50/50 hit, thereby putting the Bruins shorthanded for the rest of the overtime??

You're having an emotional reaction to this, not a rational one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Is someone missing Halak on their team?  Feeling insecure??
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Can't possibly be missing Halak.  They have Price with his stellar 5-11 career playoff record!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a gray area here re: interference, but Oshie's hit wasn't dirty or cheap.  For a guy with such great vision and anticipation, Krejci will sometimes make a bad decision that leaves him vulnerable.  Yeah, he took a hospital pass from Chara in the playoffs, but he has to have that sense that says he's been looking back and down too long.

Oh, and Oshie is the same height and maybe 10lbs heavier than Krejci.  Not Chara vs. Briere.

I'm with Dez that you don't goon a guy for a hit.  If you don't like it, you hit the snot out of him and everyone else around him for the rest of the game.  Team toughness is about making them think they need to dress a McGrattan - then you skate rings around them as they stand around looking to pick fights.  The Bruins have been getting injured like this only when they get out worked in the hitting game.  So - dressing McGrattan means you're willing to lose the game to win the physical battle.  Not a real option.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletcher ....exact I am suggesting that someone steps up and other teams start thinking before they hit our talented players ...this happens to many times when the other team's tough players hit our small and talented players ...come on open your eyes ...we lost to the Flyers  in the playoffs because they hurt Krejci ...if they have no consequences they will keep on doing it ....go ahead guys against the Bruins its an open 'buffet'  ....all you can HIT .....I had enough Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (if we protect our talented players)

You really think that Oshie lets up on that hit if Brian McGratton is sitting on the bench??  I bet it never crosses his mind.  I remember watching that kid play at North Dakota and he's always played the same.  He's not picking on the Bruins.

Of course the Bruins should have responded better on the Cooke hit, by as far as this season goes, I haven't seen anything to think that the Bruins are being targeted.  This is hockey -- no reason Bruins players shouldn't get hit just like everyone else.

I'd prefer to see them worrying about scoring goals, rather than demanding that other teams let up on their hits.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

It wasn't a dirty hit..period!

Krejci gets hit all the time. Watch a game, watch him get shoved around. He is a little guys.

Oshie and hime were going for the puck and Oshie is stronger. Thats it. If Krecji didn't go for the puck and bailed out we would of all been calling him a Pu@#Y.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robardo. Show Robardo's posts

Stanley you rock!
    "Big bad bruins are back"?! Not the tagline I would give the bruins of today. If Oshies hit was dirty or not doesn´t matter. He should be thinking twice before he hits a bruins player.

I for one would like to see the big bad bruins back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : We all saw what happenned when ference went after a Blue after a clean hit on Recchi.Quite frankly I would think less of the team toughness if they were constantly attacking players for clean hits.Sometimes you have to just  deal with it within the rules.The Bruins laid a number of big hits themselves that game.should the rest of the game been fight filled after every hit?Maybe they should abolish hitting all together so nobody gets hurt.And look at the injured list throughout the league.most teams have players injured from hits and I doubt all of their fans are crying about toughness every day.I'm also sick of fans expecting Chara to fight.No one wants to fight him.Should he attack people that turtle on him and then get kicked out.Ridiculous.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If Crosby got punished like that 1/2 the team would be clawing to get oshie. Asking for the team to respond in a way that displays emotion and passion when your best player gets plastered is nothing new. THATS HOCKEY ITS WHAT YOU DO! Clean hit or not, whered you read that I said Chara should do it or that I want hitting taken out.

Dez good poster but that was a brutal post from you barely read what I wrote and your counter points didnt make much sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]This team is tough. Horton, Lucic, Stuart, Thornton, Campbel, Boychuck. Honestly the hit krejci/oshie hit was clean infact Krejci went in looking for contact. Krejci should play a gretzky game IDC if gets 3 hits all year as long as he stays healthy his offensive prowess is the glue to this offensive scheme. And when Krejci does get hit like that whoever is on the ice should immediately respond plenty of guys capable of throwing down with anyone in the league on the ice for the bruins. Its not a matter of personell its a Team Attitude and Coaching adjustment they need to be more like pitbulls out there and less "calm julien" style. If team toughness improved maybe it would deter this stuff maybe not.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    We all saw what happenned when ference went after a Blue after a clean hit on Recchi.Quite frankly I would think less of the team toughness if they were constantly attacking players for clean hits.Sometimes you have to just  deal with it within the rules.The Bruins laid a number of big hits themselves that game.should the rest of the game been fight filled after every hit?Maybe they should abolish hitting all together so nobody gets hurt.And look at the injured list throughout the league.most teams have players injured from hits and I doubt all of their fans are crying about toughness every day.I'm also sick of fans expecting Chara to fight.No one wants to fight him.Should he attack people that turtle on him and then get kicked out.Ridiculous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The only thing wrong on the Oshie hit was that Kreji  did not have possesion, so it should have been interference. Now, Oshie's shoulder pad, armor plated like everyone else, caught Kreji's jaw, and the momentum from both drove Kreji's helmet onto the dasher[ unforgiving hardwood] and he fell to the ice for a second head hit. The real culprit was not Oshie, but kevlar-like pads and possibly a light weight helmet. Subjects that have been discussed but, not acted on, due to the influence of equipment providers.Of course, the pads have evolved as protection against the rocket-speed shots from non-wood sticks. Mandate wooden sticks and injuries might lessen, and real skill might return to stick-handling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

It's hockey folks.. not ringette!!  Clean hit by Oshie..tough for Krejci.. actually the respect thing is rampant through out the league and has been for a while, not just the Bruins..no one cares who has a tough guy out there , they serve no purpose really my opinion...  having said that just read that the Bruins have put McGrattan on waivers... The rules in place work against these enforcers and retribution is a thing of the past..

Good example last night .. Crombeen of the Blues just cross checks a Ranger rookie into the boards face first.. gets 5 minute major..  You would expect Boogard out in a jiffy.. no , didn't happen...not even a calling card was served..

This thing that teams have about fighting after a clean hit is simply stupid and I frankly don't understand why the NHL has not taken a more aggressive approach to stopping this .. I would remove the 2 minutes and start with 5 minutes for instigating , 5 minutes for fighting and game misconduct....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Is this a league wide thing, or are just the Bruins being bullied?  It's not like the B's don't have any toughness. Lucic, Thorton, Chara, McGrattan. Horton is big, as are Wheeler, Boychuck, McQuaid. Caron is not small. This is not a small team. Maybe, coach is telling to turn the other cheek.  Something has to be done though. This can't go on.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Been sayin it for going on two years now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

hangnail ...you are an Idiot .....I have never seen so many concussions ..in the last 3 years 3 for the B's ....other teams have to fear the Bruins a bit more ...I dont think that with McGrattan on the bench, Mr TJ Ojhie would have been so brave ....and no one went after him after he knock down Krejci. Last year we lost against the Flyers when  ...we lost Krejci = dirty hit again, courtesy of Mike Richards ...that was an intentionnal hit and the purpose was to take Krejci out he was playing too well and he was dominant .....no one went after Richards..the Flyers know that they can hurt our talented players and one will go after them ....go ahead guys ...what the F....are we waiting for ?????  I dont want to see Seguin getting a dirty hit and miss a whole season ....Hello someone ! ! ! !   Am I the only one that sees that ?????????????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

so stanley's wrong, and we should just exepct at least 1 skilled player each year to go down with a serious concussion !?!?

clearly a connection here....

maybe if mcgratts had been out there w/ rest of 4 th line banging the Blues D all nite Oshie wouldn't had thatmuch left in the tank at that point ? or may stanley's right that the spectre of mcgratts would have made him let up a bit.... who knows, but there's definitely a cause and effect relationship .....

having a tough, balanced team is like having a strong immune system.... we don't know exactly why, but the germs and viruses just don't seem to
    take hold as much or as frequently when your system's strong, just like aggressors, goons, cheap shot artists etc don't seem to thrive as much when you have a tough team on the ice.....

g

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Maybe Knuckles Nilan and Stan Jonathan are available too.  Heck, maybe even bring back Sanderson, Cash and Greenie too. 

Sections
Shortcuts