Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough

Stanley I thought it was a mutual collision and not dirty. I think Krejci should've shyed off on that hit. Gretzky wouldnt of even tried to go toe-toe with oshie like that.

I dont remember if anyone came fighting after that hit or not but they should've. Oshie was plastering bruins all game see Chara and Stuart. Someone should've gone after him I agree, but I dont think the magical presence of McGratts you speak of would've prevented that. McGratts isnt even a great fighter he's lost at least as many as he's won over the years.

But overall I do agree with your point teams take shots at the Bruins its been going on for 2years now. Id like to see that stop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Oshie's hit was clean, without a doubt it was a huge hit, but it was a clean hit.  If Krejci were even an inch or two taller that shoulder never would have hit his jaw causing his head to hit the boards. It happens. It was clean. Nothing came of it and nothing should have come from it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : Can't possibly be missing Halak.  They have Price with his stellar 5-11 career playoff record!!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Oh, and: 

1.  It's only November, and
    2.  B's have 3 games in hand

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

This team is tough.

Horton, Lucic, Stuart, Thornton, Campbel, Boychuck. Honestly the hit krejci/oshie hit was clean infact Krejci went in looking for contact. Krejci should play a gretzky game IDC if gets 3 hits all year as long as he stays healthy his offensive prowess is the glue to this offensive scheme.

And when Krejci does get hit like that whoever is on the ice should immediately respond plenty of guys capable of throwing down with anyone in the league on the ice for the bruins. Its not a matter of personell its a Team Attitude and Coaching adjustment they need to be more like pitbulls out there and less "calm julien" style. If team toughness improved maybe it would deter this stuff maybe not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough:
    [QUOTE]Overall I think I agree with Stanley on this, it was not dirty hit by any mean just a solid collision on both players IMHO. How ever! base on the league's trend, if your team mate got hit let alone one of your best player, clean hit or not...the gloves will drop. Pretty much the Bruins seem to be one of very few team will not response such way  (don't you think Sabotka knew about this before he slamed Thornton into the board?) YES I think it's coaching...I'm not saying its wrong way, but I'm sure other teams acknowledged this about the Bruins,..enuff is enuff....
    Posted by FUhabs[/QUOTE]

Yes, and this is probably the most ridiculous trend in the NHL today. It's driving me insane. Hitting is part of the game. There is NO REASON why someone (like Mark Stuart) should have to drop the gloves and defend himself after throwing a solid, legal body check. Cripes, if you want to just eliminate checking, go ahead and do it, and give somebody two minutes any time he makes physical contact. 

If someone is hit illegally, a head shot, or stick high, or going for the knee, or whatever, yes, then come to your teammate's defense. But fighting someone for playing the game the way it's supposed to be played is moronic and is a trend that needs to stop.

And no, the Bruins do it just as much as any other team. Or did you miss Andrew Ference's instigator Saturday night?   

/rant  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : Oh, and:  1.  It's only November, and 2.  B's have 3 games in hand
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

If I were RMiller, I would be enjoying "1st place" while I could too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Fletcher ....exact I am suggesting that someone steps up and other teams start thinking before they hit our talented players ...this happens to many times when the other team's tough players hit our small and talented players ...come on open your eyes ...we lost to the Flyers  in the playoffs because they hurt Krejci ...if they have no consequences they will keep on doing it ....go ahead guys against the Bruins its an open 'buffet'  ....all you can HIT .....I had enough

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (if we protect our talented players)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

This hit reminded me of Bergeron running into Seidenberg. Krejci did initiate the contact, hit a rock (Oshie), and got what was coming to him. I agree with being "tough to play against" and "eye for an eye" and "vigilante justice" and "protecting your teammates" and all of that, but none of it really applies here. Be thankful Krejci wasn't really hurt and will be back soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hockeymomsrule ....your 100% right ...nothing came of it ...and it wil happen again and again  ....thats exactly what I am saying , we are too Mr Nice guys ...Oh its a clean hit guys go ahead hit us again ....???????  Wake up Man we need to start to be tougher ..in the old days other teams were being intimidated at the Garden and knew that there was a price to pay for hitting our talented players ...nowedays ..Oh watch out Mr Thorton will drop the gloves ! ! ! Big deal ....Even my 80 years old Mom would'nt fear Shawn Thornton ...give me a break ....why did the Bruins signed McGrattan ??? I dont get it ....and by the way if Ojhie would have hit Gretzky that way ...he would have been  at the hospital after the game

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if we start protecting our talended players)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Is this a league wide thing, or are just the Bruins being bullied? 
    It's not like the B's don't have any toughness. Lucic, Thorton, Chara, McGrattan. Horton is big, as are Wheeler, Boychuck, McQuaid. Caron is not small. This is not a small team. Maybe, coach is telling to turn the other cheek. 
    Something has to be done though. This can't go on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Is someone missing Halak on their team?  Feeling insecure??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

BTW, has anyone noticed McGrattan's been sent to Providence?

Hopefully he'll stay there for a good while and put an end to any discussion about playing him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

TJ Oshie is a solid brick house! He has a job to do & he does it very well & could end up getting even better. The guy knocked the biggest guy in the league on his but earlier in the game. He has the hitting game down & there's nothing wrong with the way he plays. IMO, McGrats just would've been another one that Osh would've knocked around. That kid isn't intimidated by ANYONE!
    The poster that mentioned the equipment is part of the problem, but not all of it. These players are faster, stronger & better conditioned than any other athlete in the world of sports. I'm for the "old school" way too. Hit our star & we'll hit yours. I also on the other hand love the hit that Ryder laid on Sobatka when he was running around! Did a Blue come after Ryder after he did that? That's how you settle it & we didn't see much of Vladdy after that. Hunwick laid the body & knocked somebody down along the boards! Going after someone after everytime there's a big collison is ridiculous! It's not just the B's that impact players get smacked around & injured. The Cook on Savard hit & Richards on Krejci are not the same thing. Different games, different teams & different scerario's. The B's have the best pk in the league, but it won't be if we need to go after someone everytime a player gets hit! The Dallas game a couple of yrs ago, that got handled perfectly. The Blue's weren't pulling the same shananagins that Dallas was. They were forechecking hard, in constant puck pursuit & hitting any Bruin that got in their way! The B's when they play their game? They are the exact same way. That's hockey....No..That's smart hockey!
    Btw- The Jones hit? Bergy helped with that by turning his body. Not saying Jones was right in the hit. He did have time to lay off on the impact, but in this game you can't & don't allow yourself to be in vulnerable positions either. Bergy turned his body to protect the puck. Which happens a lot. Players are told to responsible for each other, but they have to be responsible for themselves too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

For that matter, has anyone noticed that McGrattan has been put on waivers ?

"Bruins put McGrattan on waivers."

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Bruins+former+Senator+McGrattan+waivers/3794602/story.html

I was so worried that Stanley was going to unleash the fury of McGrattan's pilonishness on my team Thursday night... 

Schooled again, Stanley ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Hunwick hit nightmare refers to?  Yeah, on Oshie.  So Oshie knocks down Chara and is knocked down by Hunwick, which means it looks good for the smurfs in Mtl to knock down Hunwick, and then for Verne Troyer to knock down Gomez....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : If Crosby got punished like that 1/2 the team would be clawing to get oshie. Asking for the team to respond in a way that displays emotion and passion when your best player gets plastered is nothing new. THATS HOCKEY ITS WHAT YOU DO! Clean hit or not, whered you read that I said Chara should do it or that I want hitting taken out. Dez good poster but that was a brutal post from you barely read what I wrote and your counter points didnt make much sense.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I read exactly what you wrote and it seems you're  confused about my reply.First off,Krejci isn't Crosby and,as we saw the other night,Crosby and other rugged players don't always like having others fight their battles(he can handle himself).Everyone has had a teammate(or friend in general)who starts crap and expects someone else to clean it up.these are men playing a tough sport.I know from experience that most players prefer to get revenge on their own rather than having a big brother type stick up for them after every incident.after awhile you man up and deal with it yourself.am I the only one who remembers DK leaving his feet on a hit in the corner in the 3rd period?Should he have been attacked for it?Come on guys.This attitude is more embarrassing than taking a number and getting them next shift.And all you guys that tyhink the game and Bruins were so much tougher before should remember Bobby Orr had more PIMS than points in his career and Neely went after Ulf on his own.Neither guy wanted someone else to fight their battle because they're men not china dolls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Vern Troyer..lol....good one........I'm a diehard Bruins fan and I try to be as objective as I can and I think that the Oshie hit on Krejci was a good open ice hit.The problem is that Bruins fans think it was a dirty hit because we dont have anyone who hits like that.Think about it,who on the Bruins is finishing their checks on a consistant basis? The Bruins organization does not want an enforcer taking up a roster spot,thats obvious to me.Colton Orr,given away.........Steve MacIntyre,given away..........Brian McGrattan....now on waivers.They have Lane MacDermid down in Providence who is 6'4" 215 and can fight,which means that they'll be gettin rid of him soon.I happen to believe that there is a place on a team for a good,solid enforcer.Opens up the ice a bit for the other players.Remember Bob Probert? When he was on the ice,the opposing players were more interested in where he was on the ice,then where the puck was.Threw the opposition off their game.There's no Probert around anymore,and the game has changed some,but still the Caps picked up DJ King,Flyers picked up Shelley,Maple Leafs picked up Mike Brown,Rangers picked up Boogaard,Black Hawks picked up huge John Scott,Isles picked up Konopka,Penguins givin Engelland a shot and on and on.We have some size on this team,but not a lotta toughness.The Bruins are 7-3-1 for one reason only.......Tim Thomas And I almost forgot,Edmonton resigned my favorite tough guy,Steve MacIntyre.
    Posted by Davids508[/QUOTE]
    Lane really must have grown this week.I do like him as a player though.Thornton isn't really cutting it lately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Vern Troyer..lol....good one........I'm a diehard Bruins fan and I try to be as objective as I can and I think that the Oshie hit on Krejci was a good open ice hit.The problem is that Bruins fans think it was a dirty hit because we dont have anyone who hits like that.Think about it,who on the Bruins is finishing their checks on a consistant basis? The Bruins organization does not want an enforcer taking up a roster spot,thats obvious to me.Colton Orr,given away.........Steve MacIntyre,given away..........Brian McGrattan....now on waivers.They have Lane MacDermid down in Providence who is 6'4" 215 and can fight,which means that they'll be gettin rid of him soon.I happen to believe that there is a place on a team for a good,solid enforcer.Opens up the ice a bit for the other players.Remember Bob Probert? When he was on the ice,the opposing players were more interested in where he was on the ice,then where the puck was.Threw the opposition off their game.There's no Probert around anymore,and the game has changed some,but still the Caps picked up DJ King,Flyers picked up Shelley,Maple Leafs picked up Mike Brown,Rangers picked up Boogaard,Black Hawks picked up huge John Scott,Isles picked up Konopka,Penguins givin Engelland a shot and on and on.We have some size on this team,but not a lotta toughness.The Bruins are 7-3-1 for one reason only.......Tim Thomas And I almost forgot,Edmonton resigned my favorite tough guy,Steve MacIntyre.
    Posted by Davids508[/QUOTE]

Mark Stuart, Johnny Boychuk, Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara? Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron? Actually most of the Bruins are quite capable of "finishing their checks on a consistent basis." 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOuiRgUVwQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEgpMM5ApLI

I don't understand your point. If you want somebody who "opens the ice" for his teammates, I'd say Lucic is probably the best in the business (and Horton's not bad either). If you want an enforcer who takes on other players' bad guys (the Kaletas of the world), you've got Shawn Thornton. If you want a pest, you've got Marchand.

If you want a goon (Orr or Boogard) or a punk (Avery, Ott, Kaleta), I'd agree with the Bruins organization and say they're not worth the roster spot. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Currently the league leaders number 50 -61 hits thus far.

The Bruins are led by S.Thornton with 27
                            and Milan Lucic with 26

most of the individual bruins numbers are way down the list, and for the most part are Dmen or 4th liners. There has been a troubling lack of overall commitment to aggressive forechecking and hitting in the offensive zone, and the numbers back it up early on this year.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]Please feel free to play Verne Troyer on Thursday to knock down Gomez as many times as you like... Maybe, it'll wake him up a bit...
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

I thought you said you were leaving?
    You posted this in another thread 5 days ago 

Actually, it means Habs are currently #1 overall in the NHL standings, baby !

Anyways, looks like Seguin is staying so as promised, I am outta here !

Don't miss me too much !

Are you just a liar now? Gonna ignore me hoping the truth goes away? Coward.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=f93ab227636b76ce50b801a171d8b2b9&plckUserId=f93ab227636b76ce50b801a171d8b2b9">
    First: 5/3/2010
    Last: 11/8/2010
    Oshie's hit on Krejci was clean.

What a bunch of whiners here

I never have agreed with anything you have said--- UNTIL NOW!

Hockey is a Contact sport-- so is Football.  We are currently seing the "pussification" of the NFL brought on by ESPN blowing everything out of proportion to make a story.

I 'm sorry if other Bruins fans can't see it--- Oshie was just playing hockey the way it should be played.   As a Lifelong Bruins fan, I don't want to see Krecji get hurt, but for once, don't be blinded by the facts.

Oshie--- Clean Hit

Cooke--- Dirty Hit

There is a BIG difference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

I agree that T.J Oshie may have payed for the hit, but when you look at it, that hit was as clean as it gets Krejci's head hit the dasher after. Just happens to be bad luck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Most of you are missing the point here ....I never said that Oshie's hit was not legal ...all I am saying is if Oshie would have hit Gretzky that way when he was with the Oilers...Semenko would have sent him directly to the hospital....

Why is it that ??  All our talented players get hit so hard from the opponents (Krejci twice, Bergeron, Savard) who's next Seguin, Marchand, (they only go after our small players) .....????  Is it because the visitors have no fear at the Garden ??? If so we need to upgrade our toughness level .....I dont think that any other team say The Black Hawks would accept that in 3 consecutive seasons they would lose Kane, Toews and Hossa with concussions from hard hits ( I wont say dirty hits because some of you will be offended) .....or what about ...whats wrong with you guys ....????? What happened to the Big Bad Bruins ?????   Chara needs to hit harder , Lucci needs to hit like he was doing in his 1st season, Thornton needs to become a scary player to play against ...and maybe the other teams will think twice before hitting our talented players .....and I am not debatting the nature of the Oshie's hit on Krejci but I can tell you 100% that he would have never hit Lucic that way even if Looch would have been in the same situation ......Enough said about that all I am to see is that the visitors start to think twice before hurting one of our talented player .....that's it that's all

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if we start protecting our talented players)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Most of you are missing the point here ....I never said that Oshie's hit was not legal ...all I am saying is if Oshie would have hit Gretzky that way when he was with the Oilers...Semenko would have sent him directly to the hospital.... Why is it that ??  All our talented players get hit so hard from the opponents (Krejci twice, Bergeron, Savard) who's next Seguin, Marchand, (they only go after our small players) .....????  Is it because the visitors have no fear at the Garden ??? If so we need to upgrade our toughness level .....I dont think that any other team say The Black Hawks would accept that in 3 consecutive seasons they would lose Kane, Toews and Hossa with concussions from hard hits ( I wont say dirty hits because some of you will be offended) .....or what about ...whats wrong with you guys ....????? What happened to the Big Bad Bruins ?????   Chara needs to hit harder , Lucci needs to hit like he was doing in his 1st season, Thornton needs to become a scary player to play against ...and maybe the other teams will think twice before hitting our talented players .....and I am not debatting the nature of the Oshie's hit on Krejci but I can tell you 100% that he would have never hit Lucic that way even if Looch would have been in the same situation ......Enough said about that all I am to see is that the visitors start to think twice before hurting one of our talented player .....that's it that's all Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if we start protecting our talented players)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    Toews was rocked by a similar hit last year with no repercussions so your point is moot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

The next time crap like that happens, I'd like to see Julien put out Thornton-Lucic-Marchand with Chara-Stuart and do something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAPhqXj_24I

Sections
Shortcuts