Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough

In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough:
    [QUOTE]Most of you are missing the point here ....I never said that Oshie's hit was not legal ...all I am saying is if Oshie would have hit Gretzky that way when he was with the Oilers...Semenko would have sent him directly to the hospital.... Why is it that ??  All our talented players get hit so hard from the opponents (Krejci twice, Bergeron, Savard) who's next Seguin, Marchand, (they only go after our small players) .....????  Is it because the visitors have no fear at the Garden ??? If so we need to upgrade our toughness level .....I dont think that any other team say The Black Hawks would accept that in 3 consecutive seasons they would lose Kane, Toews and Hossa with concussions from hard hits ( I wont say dirty hits because some of you will be offended) .....or what about ...whats wrong with you guys ....????? What happened to the Big Bad Bruins ?????   Chara needs to hit harder , Lucci needs to hit like he was doing in his 1st season, Thornton needs to become a scary player to play against ...and maybe the other teams will think twice before hitting our talented players .....and I am not debatting the nature of the Oshie's hit on Krejci but I can tell you 100% that he would have never hit Lucic that way even if Looch would have been in the same situation ......Enough said about that all I am to see is that the visitors start to think twice before hurting one of our talented player .....that's it that's all Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if we start protecting our talented players)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

You really need to watch some other games, and not just the Bruins. As Dezaruchi pointed out, Toews was concussed last year, and nobody on the Black Hawks sought "revenge." It's hockey. It's a rough game. Guys get hurt. Learn to deal with it, or follow another sport, like tennis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough:
    [QUOTE]The next time crap like that happens, I'd like to see Julien put out Thornton-Lucic-Marchand with Chara-Stuart and do something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAPhqXj_24I
    Posted by ksp1957[/QUOTE]

That was truely awesome thanks for posting that. That is what a team is suppose to do.

My favorite part is after Emery  knocks down Biron and Biron starts swinging his legs around and Emery starts laughing. As soon as Emery puts that grin on his face a Sabre comes over grabs him and Punches that smile right off!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I thought it looked like Emery was smiling all the way until the ref had him hogtied.  Might have been his mouthpiece, but they he's not exactly regarded as a very stable individual.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Notice how no one ****s with the Sabres since that's happened. The Bruins could learn something from watching that video and see that no Sabre player has had anything since !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Besides Pominville?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Whoops. I forgot about that one. Guess it shows that Ruff is losing his touch. Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

1) You don't retaliate in overtime, otherwise you give up your chance of winning the game.
    2) Retaliation for a hard hit is best done with hard clean hits, not fighting or attacking. Do you really think losing Chara or Lucic for the remainder of the game is a good thing?
    3) Bruins don't have as many hits because they haven't played as many games. 
    4) The game is different and so is this Bruins team. We don't have a line of fighters and that's a good thing. Winning is better than entertaining with fights. 
    5) Ignore RMiller, he's a troll that just likes to get everyone riled up. 
    6) You want to see a fight, watch a fight, not hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Last year's playoff performance may have been the beginning of the end for Buffalo's current run at quality.

Anyone know of any other incidents after that fight?  If it really took 3 years for something like that to happen to Buffalo, maybe there's some substance to the argument being made here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Oshie's "clean hit" should have resulted with a "clean hit" in retaliation or a fight similar to the two earlier fights in the game that were a result of "clean hits".  The point is no one even bothered to give Oshie a shove, that's a problem.  I don't think anyone is asking for the curse of McSorley to come back and chop down the opposing player with a stick, but someone should have punched Oshie in the mouth, clean hit or not.

Other teams see that and they realize they will be in for a fight when they decide to make an overly aggressive "clean hit". 

That's hockey!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Oshie's "clean hit" should have resulted with a "clean hit" in retaliation or a fight similar to the two earlier fights in the game that were a result of "clean hits".  The point is no one even bothered to give Oshie a shove, that's a problem.  I don't think anyone is asking for the curse of McSorley to come back and chop down the opposing player with a stick, but someone should have punched Oshie in the mouth, clean hit or not. Other teams see that and they realize they will be in for a fight when they decide to make an overly aggressive "clean hit".  That's hockey!
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

First of all, it was overtime. Four on four. Punch Oshie in the mouth, and you've lost the game. Not to mention that whoever punched him would (and should) get a suspension.

Secondly, WHAT?! Punch a player in the mouth for delivering a clean check?

Look, if you think players should retaliate every time someone makes a clean check, eliminate checking from the game and call it shinny.

It's a violent game. Guys get hurt. If you want retaliation every time someone gets knocked on his behind, forget about playing hockey - just issue boxing gloves and have them go at it.

Sheesh, since when did hockey players turn into a bunch of babies that need protection every time someone hits them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Besides Pominville? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4aH7nnPjc
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I don't think Lucic got the memo either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvfWfuH9IQ

Neither did Johnny Boychuk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwKRZbMfaXM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : I don't think Lucic got the memo either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvfWfuH9IQ Neither did Johnny Boychuk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwKRZbMfaXM
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    And no one went after Boychuck for the clean hit .I can't believe the sabres didn't randomly attack someone for that..........what a bunch of wusses huh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : And no one went after Boychuck for the clean hit .I can't believe the sabres didn't randomly attack someone for that..........what a bunch of wusses huh?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Uh okay. I didn't know Kaleta and Ellis were star players for the Sabres. But Pomminville and Vanek... Hmm, oh well, I guess I can't be right all the time. Embarassed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yes, and thanks to nrguy, dezaruchi, and duinne for attempting to explain what should be obvious.

Hockey is a rough game and it is so lame when every good hard hit has be followed by a stoppage of play and a fight.  If you've played hockey at any level you know that everyone gets hit, it's a part of the game.  It would be insulting as a player if everytime you got hit, a teammate ran over to attack the guy who hit you.  Toughen up a little, tip your hat to Oshie, and hope that maybe you catch one of their guys with their head down later on to return the favor.  No need to send your bodyguards chasing after them, like a crybaby.

I remember getting clobbered from time to time when I played competitive hockey, and I never recall wanting to see my teammates jump the guy who hit me.

*Obviously a Matt Cooke type hit is an exception.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Of course the hitting is part of the game and we don't need to see fights after a particularly good solid hit. But the borderline hits where the player gets carried off the ice on a stretcher gets old after a while, particularly when it seems to happen more to the Bruins. I haven't played the game on a competitive level, but only watched the Bruins for some 45 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Of course the hitting is part of the game and we don't need to see fights after a particularly good solid hit. But the borderline hits where the player gets carried off the ice on a stretcher gets old after a while, particularly when it seems to happen more to the Bruins. I haven't played the game on a competitive level, but only watched the Bruins for some 45 years.

In the past couple of years, who on the Bruins, other than Savard, has been carried off the ice on a stretcher?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Well, I don't mean to imply that you had to have played at some level to get some particular perspective, or anything like that.  But, my point is that everyone gets hit.  I've been hit like Krejci was, and I thought 'damn, I wish I didn't let up - he got me' or whatever.  I don't see any point in having my linemate chase the guy down and jump him.  And as a spectator, those fights are infuriating as they stop the flow of the game, without making any real point.  What is the message to the Blues?  Don't check people? 

I loved it when Ryder leveled Sobotka after he was running around kind of recklessly -- that's the way to deal with it.  Clean check.  Nobody on the Blues jumped Ryder either.

Let hockey be hockey, as long as it's clean.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

The quote isn't working... but, in any case, Bergeron and Krejci come to mind right away. Take a look at how many games are lost to injuries due to borderline checks, slashes, etc, and you can see why I'm a little irritated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]The quote isn't working... but, in any case, Bergeron and Krejci come to mind right away. Take a look at how many games are lost to injuries due to borderline checks, slashes, etc, and you can see why I'm a little irritated.

Okay.  Nevermind...I tried...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Of course the hitting is part of the game and we don't need to see fights after a particularly good solid hit. But the borderline hits where the player gets carried off the ice on a stretcher gets old after a while, particularly when it seems to happen more to the Bruins. I haven't played the game on a competitive level, but only watched the Bruins for some 45 years.
    Without having  played your perspective is skewed.I don't mean that as a slight but it is true that the game is different on the ice than in the stands.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I don't mean to imply that you had to have played at some level to get some particular perspective, or anything like that.  But, my point is that everyone gets hit.  I've been hit like Krejci was, and I thought 'damn, I wish I didn't let up - he got me' or whatever.  I don't see any point in having my linemate chase the guy down and jump him.  And as a spectator, those fights are infuriating as they stop the flow of the game, without making any real point.  What is the message to the Blues?  Don't check people?  I loved it when Ryder leveled Sobotka after he was running around kind of recklessly -- that's the way to deal with it.  Clean check.  Nobody on the Blues jumped Ryder either. Let hockey be hockey, as long as it's clean.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    You're right about the embarrassment of having a teammate take care of your buisiness after a hit.The rule of thumb is take the number and get the guy back later(and keep your head up).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Exactly.  If Brian McGratton runs out and pummels Oshie, that doesn't show any toughness.  Jansen could do the same to our guys.  All it shows is that when being beaten fairly on a clean hockey play, the Bruins resort to meaningless retribution instead of worrying about winning.  It makes the team look bad, and if anything, it is an incentive to other teams to keep knocking us around knowing that we'll unravel and take dumb retaliatory penalties.

I don't want the Bruins to be pushed around by anyone, but be tough the right way.  Mr. Oshie had better keep his head up next time we see him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other teams show no more respect for the Bruins : Enough is enough : The hits weren't dirty and I'm beginning to suspect that YOU are truly an idiot or very young child.Either way enough already.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

What took you so long?  LOL!!  just kiddin'

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Without having  played your perspective is skewed.I don't mean that as a slight but it is true that the game is different on the ice than in the stands.
    Posted by Dezaruchi

So, my perspective is skewed not playing the game for real. Uh ok then. I can hardly wait for you to tell Kevin Paul Dupont or any of the other beat writers for the Bruins that as well. Laughing Good luck with that. Be that as it may, I'll continue to post my opinions on the Bruins anyways.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Why should any team "respect" the Bruins on the ice?  If you're expecting some sort of special treatment to be given to the Bruins by the other 29 teams when it comes to hits, you need to rethink your entire perspective on the game of hockey from the ground up.  I fully expect each of the 30 teams to do whatever it takes to win games and pushing the rules to their limits is certainly one way it's done.  I don't like intentional hits to injure, but the solid hits with the elbows and sticks down should be part of the game every night, every game.  If injuries come from legal hits (or even illegal ones), then that's just something that each team has to deal with and where organization-wide depth and coaching separate the mediocre teams from the Cup winners.

Sections
Shortcuts