Ottawa fans complaining

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Ottawa fans complaining

I regularly read his column on tsn.  It's almost always an interesting read filled with clear cut definitions of rules and infractions with specific games that he worked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa fans complaining:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa fans complaining : He realized he screwed up and it cost a team a shot at the Cup. That would haunt anyone a bit, but no one has 360 degree vision.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

No guarantee that the Leafs would have scored on the ensuing PP against the Kings. That is what troubles me when a current or retired ref, whom made terrible non-calls during key playoffs series through his career, tries to appease a fan base.

Our opinions differ on Fraser and here he is again trying to kiss Ottawa's fan bases a___ on a hockey web site....again. I do like it when he is on NBC Sports Network going over hits, he's good at that "on the spot analysis" but when writing for TSN he tends to cower a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Thanks Red.....I love Fraser's pieces.  They're must read material.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa fans complaining:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa fans complaining : No guarantee that the Leafs would have scored on the ensuing PP against the Kings. That is what troubles me when a current or retired ref, whom made terrible non-calls during key playoffs series through his career, tries to appease a fan base. Our opinions differ on Fraser and here he is again trying to kiss Ottawa's fan bases a___ on a hockey web site....again. I do like it when he is on NBC Sports Network going over hits, he's good at that "on the spot analysis" but when writing for TSN he tends to cower a bit.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

What?? Did you read the article? Particularly the whole one TSN? He didn't kiss any a__, particularly Ottawa fans - the article basically tells them to go to hell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa fans complaining : Ummm... he does second guess himself, and realizes that you can't get everything right, precisely because he realizes he screwed up in 93. Read his book, part of the reason he never called it is because Gilmour himself said it was clean at the time, and neither of them thought it was anything different until they saw the replay. He realized he screwed up and it cost a team a shot at the Cup. That would haunt anyone a bit, but no one has 360 degree vision.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Here's a link to that highstick
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGFFEc6Bng

It's obvious that Gilmour did NOT think it was clean (watch how he argued afterwards).

We don't have a lot to hang on to as a Leaf fan these past 40 years, but that non-call haunts me to this day.

What was troubling was that the high-stick would have meant a 5-minute major and ejection.  Leafs were denied the PP and Gretsky came back to score seconds later to force a Game 7 (which we ofcourse lost).  You cannot buy Frasor's assertion that he didn't have a clear view (the reply shows otherwise) he simply missed it and the worst possible time (if you're a Leaf's fan).

We were denied a trip to the finals against the dreaded Habs and most fans at the time felt we would have taken them.

Geeze.....i wasn't expecting to read a Bruin thread and have to relive that agony.

Thanks Red....

By the way I've hated Frasor every since that game (there were other less memorable non-calls). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa fans complaining : Here's a link to that highstick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGFFEc6Bng It's obvious that Gilmour did NOT think it was clean (watch how he argued afterwards). We don't have a lot to hang on to as a Leaf fan these past 40 years, but that non-call haunts me to this day. What was troubling was that the high-stick would have meant a 5-minute major and ejection.  Leafs were denied the PP and Gretsky came back to score seconds later to force a Game 7 (which we ofcourse lost).  You cannot buy Frasor's assertion that he didn't have a clear view (the reply shows otherwise) he simply missed it and the worst possible time (if you're a Leaf's fan). We were denied a trip to the finals against the dreaded Habs and most fans at the time felt we would have taken them. Geeze.....i wasn't expecting to read a Bruin thread and have to relive that agony. Thanks Red.... By the way I've hated Frasor every since that game (there were other less memorable non-calls). 
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

You're welcome ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nice piece LRH, certainly I would have taken the Make beliefs over Montreal for varied reasons but primailry because of my memories of "too many men on the ice"!  Although the Bs 88 series with Montreal will always seem like a Stanely Cup Final to this fan!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

What did Fraser say about the officiating in the finals last year? Something makes me think I remember him being very critical of the non calls against the Bruins.Asserting that the B's benefitted from bad officiating. Did anyone else read/hear this?
    I also was a leafs fan(my distant #2 team) hoping for a slaughter of the number one hated habs -which was foiled by Kerry and the Kings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Actually I remember him talikng about the lack of diving calls against the Nucks. I'll see if I can find the link.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa fans complaining : No guarantee that the Leafs would have scored on the ensuing PP against the Kings. That is what troubles me when a current or retired ref, whom made terrible non-calls during key playoffs series through his career, tries to appease a fan base. Our opinions differ on Fraser and here he is again trying to kiss Ottawa's fan bases a___ on a hockey web site....again. I do like it when he is on NBC Sports Network going over hits, he's good at that "on the spot analysis" but when writing for TSN he tends to cower a bit.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I do guarantee the Leafs would've had an easier time with the Kings had Gretzky been kicked out of the game as he clearly should've been.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N51jmflc5Io