Ottawa goon goes ape

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ottawa goon goes ape

Carkner attacks Brian Boyle and punches him 5-10 times while he's down on the ice and gets tossed. Probably should be suspended but it doesn't matter because Ottawa just put him in the lineup for this one game to do just that.

Then Dubinsky jumps on Carkner, who is pounding a defenseless opponent on the ice like some school fight, and Dubisnky gets ejected....

Not sure what this goon is even doing on the ice in a playoff game but doubt he'll be seen again for a while.

Not sure if something happened in game 1, but here's the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94r8eauXqkU

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Ottawa goon goes ape

Still can't find out what Boyle did.... does anyone know?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He had a blue shirt on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He had a long history of bouts with Leaf Colton Orr in which he regularly got his lumps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape:
    Still can't find out what Boyle did.... does anyone know?
    Posted by Bisson1

Bisson - The commentary suggested it was a response carried over from Game 1 in which Boyle took a few shots at Karlsson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Kinda hoping this game becomes lopsided... could be interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Looks like these 2 teams have the hate going on.  Good, physical game.

B's need to amp up that department IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Looks like these 2 teams have the hate going on.  Good, physical game. B's need to amp up that department IMO.
    Posted by hangnail

The Sens are giving NYR all they can handle, eh hang?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Boyle's a pansy! He punched Karleson a bunch in game 1! Neil & Carkner challenged Boyle & as usual wouldn't go! He belongs on the Canucks, because he plays just like them! I was glad Carkner did it! Boyle's a dirt bag!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape : The Sens are giving NYR all they can handle, eh hang?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Yeah RHO this could be the sleeper series.  Everyone thinking it would be a blowout for the Rangers, but it could turn into a 7 gamer.  They really look like they hate each other. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape : Yeah RHO this could be the sleeper series.  Everyone thinking it would be a blowout for the Rangers, but it could turn into a 7 gamer.  They really look like they hate each other. 
    Posted by hangnail

Its looking like a few of the the series could turn into 7 gamers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

the sens not dressing carkner or konopka in game one and the rangers taking liberties on their stars in a game that was in hand sparked this and possibly sparked the sens.  i see no way the sens come out of this series but the rangers gave them hate which is a powerful motivator.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape : Its looking like a few of the the series could turn into 7 gamers.
    Posted by 50belowzero

I hope so.  Nothing like it. 

I would love to see the Nucks lose another game 7 at home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Boyle's a pansy! He punched Karleson a bunch in game 1! Neil & Carkner challenged Boyle & as usual wouldn't go! He belongs on the Canucks, because he plays just like them! I was glad Carkner did it! Boyle's a dirt bag!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Does that make You-Know-Who a pansy also?  Both guys were punching players that were clearly not going to drop the gloves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape : Its looking like a few of the the series could turn into 7 gamers.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Rangers ultra-ticked off and Torts is gonna freak on his guys. Unfortunately Rangers will respond and win next 3.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape : Rangers ultra-ticked off and Torts is gonna freak on his guys. Unfortunately Rangers will respond and win next 3.
    Posted by zamboni24

I haven't watched either of the first two games, just a period here and there. Do you think the Rangers have outplayed Ottawa that badly to believe they will now sweep them?I don't from what i have seen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Not a fan of either team, but that Dubinski call was horrendous.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Not a fan of either team, but that Dubinski call was horrendous.  
    Posted by Babajingo

Right? The linesman just stood there and watched Boyle get punched multiple times on the ice, why the hell would Dubinsky NOT jump on carkner. The goon deserves to get his a*s kicked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape : Does that make You-Know-Who a pansy also?  Both guys were punching players that were clearly not going to drop the gloves.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

well boyle has 7" and 65 lbs on Karlsson so unless marchand has taken lemondade from a stand while punching a 5'2" 120 lb girl then the answer to your question is no.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good for Carkner and the Sens, this why you dress your goon.  Boyle was taking liberties with their star, Carkner and later Neil put a stop to that. 

Boyle, for his part gets zero credit in my book for dropping the mitts with Neil.  Boyle tries to get that fight to mat quicker than Blake Wheeler. 

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111444

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good for Carkner and the Sens, this why you dress your goon.  Boyle was taking liberties with their star, Carkner and later Neil put a stop to that.  Boyle, for his part gets zero credit in my book for dropping the mitts with Neil.  Boyle tries to get that fight to mat quicker than Blake Wheeler.  http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111444
    Posted by Crowls2424

Neil is the perfect combination of Marchand and Thornton.  I'd love it if he were on the B's!

Other:

A guy does this and he gets that.  I'm all for it.  Boyle was looking for a fight on the ice.  He got one. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good for Carkner and the Sens, this why you dress your goon.  Boyle was taking liberties with their star, Carkner and later Neil put a stop to that.  Boyle, for his part gets zero credit in my book for dropping the mitts with Neil.  Boyle tries to get that fight to mat quicker than Blake Wheeler.  http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111444
    Posted by Crowls2424

Crowls, he used Neal's method against him. I don't like Neal but I suppose that speaks to how good a job he's done/doing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Glad to see Boyle get pounded. Too bad it wasn't a Bruin doing it to him. Fuc.k the Rangers. Pound the shi.t outta them some more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa goon goes ape : Neil is the perfect combination of Marchand and Thornton.  I'd love it if he were on the B's! Other: A guy does this and he gets that.  I'm all for it.  Boyle was looking for a fight on the ice.  He got one. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree with your assessment on Neil.  He would look great on the Bruins.

Sections
Shortcuts