Ottawa v. TO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Ottawa v. TO

Anyone else watching this game? Pretty slow going aside from Gonchar throwing down the mitts for the first time since 1998.

Komisarek pretending to be a tough guy against some Sens Euros.

If I hear CBC pump Kessels tires any more I am going to lose it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Ottawa v. TO

Weak goal by the Buds. Anyone still think Ottawa's goaltending is going to hold up in the long playoff grind?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

of course I'm watching .

Jut saw Neil fight Grabvosky.  Neal you're a real champ !  oops sorry I meant chump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

To be fair Legion, in the replay it was Grabovski who went after Neil. Chris did not drop his gloves until he had to. That said, it is still pretty classless. I would much rather see Neil beat the crap out of Phaneuf!!!

The game was pretty tame until now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Surprised it's still 1-0... two turnover machines with no defense or goaltending playing eachother. Tough rooting for the Leafs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

You're right, guys.  Until the dust-ups the game didn't have much juice.  Leafs lose Grabovsky because his jersey wasn't tied down in the scrap with Cement Head Neil.  Give Grabovsky props for sticking up for Ashton after Neil gave the rookie a shove. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Ottawa v. TO:
    [QUOTE]Surprised it's still 1-0... two turnover machines with no defense or goaltending playing eachother. Tough rooting for the Leafs.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Exactly whom I'm pulling for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]You're right, guys.  Until the dust-ups the game didn't have much juice.  Leafs lose Grabovsky because his jersey wasn't tied down in the scrap with Cement Head Neil.  Give Grabovsky props for sticking up for Ashton after Neil gave the rookie a shove. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

What did Neil get? He got sent to the room too did he not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa v. TO : What did Neil get? He got sent to the room too did he not?
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

He did. Got a game misconduct.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa v. TO : He did. Got a game misconduct.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

For what? Bad taste in fight partners?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa v. TO : What did Neil get? He got sent to the room too did he not?

Dumb NHL rules.  If there's a fight going on you cannot start another one. If so you get a game misconduct.
    Good way to take a player out of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Ben Bishop will surprise some guys. He's a lot like Rinne (not as good obviously) but he will succeed in this league. You could see it while he played at Maine. He'll be a Howard type goalie I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa v. TO : Dumb NHL rules.  If there's a fight going on you cannot start another one. If so you get a game misconduct. Good way to take a player out of the game.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Advantage Sens, BsL.  Grabovsky is a major cog for the Leafs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa v. TO : For what? Bad taste in fight partners?

jay - Please see Legion's post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Very true RHO. Kessel hasn't done much. Now they will have to rely on the concussion twins (Connelly and Lombardi) to pull up their socks.

Sens look pretty tired though. Karlsson is a trainwreck in his own end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ottawa v. TO : Dumb NHL rules.  If there's a fight going on you cannot start another one. If so you get a game misconduct. Good way to take a player out of the game.

Looked like Grabovski started that one. Give him credit though. He has some big cahones for a small guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Speaking of concussions. CBC just showed Hall getting hit by Sarich last night. More infirmary time for him. Thinking Seguin is the better deal now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ben Bishop will surprise some guys. He's a lot like Rinne (not as good obviously) but he will succeed in this league. You could see it while he played at Maine. He'll be a Howard type goalie I think.
    Posted by originalcallodthedom[/QUOTE]

He's bigger than Howard ... frig the guy is 6ft7 wow !  those goalie pads are the size and as tall as Marchand.  That's nuts !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

YES KESSEL !!!! 2-0 Leafs

Oh my can you believe what I just shouted

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]YES KESSEL !!!! 2-0 Leafs Oh my can you believe what I just shouted

Traitor.....HAH!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

now that was a "distinct kicking motion " ! No goal Spezza. He even has a soccer name.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Can Reimer get back to back shutouts? Why can't the B's get goaltending like that...:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]YES KESSEL !!!! 2-0 Leafs Oh my can you believe what I just shouted

Kessel's helping to do the Bruins a favour.  I'd bet on him scoring 45 goals down the road before his Leafs make the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Has anyone ever seen Kessel take a backhand shot? I have never seen a player skate so far out of his way to make sure he can shoot from his forehand. Backhand shots in general seem to be a lost art. By the way, GO Leafs !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone ever seen Kessel take a backhand shot? I have never seen a player skate so far out of his way to make sure he can shoot from his forehand. Backhand shots in general seem to be a lost art. By the way, GO Leafs !!!
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

50 - So true.  The last player I remember having a strong backhand was Mats Sundin.  I've read another former Leaf captain Dave Keon had one of the best ever.  He used a straight blade.