Otters v Knights on NHL network

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Otters v Knights on NHL network

I wonder if there's anyone around here that watches the jrs. and can tell me what's up with the horn blowing at some stoppages in play?  I keep thinking they decided to end the period for some reason.

Otherwise,

Seth Griffith: played like he was uninterested

The Domi kid: interesting

McDavid: really interesting if he gets bigger and the skills get better

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Otters v Knights on NHL network

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if there's anyone around here that watches the jrs. and can tell me what's up with the horn blowing at some stoppages in play?  I keep thinking they decided to end the period for some reason.

Otherwise,

Seth Griffith: played like he was uninterested

The Domi kid: interesting

McDavid: really interesting if he gets bigger and the skills get better

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't paying attention to this but could it possibly be signalling tv timeouts ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So I gather thie horn isn't something isn't something all of the ohl does?  Does all of the ohl get tv coverage as good as that?

And what's up with the Griffith kid?  I recall one play where he was along the boards with a team mate about 3 feet in front of him with no opposing players around.  So Seth pokes the puck up the boards to the team mate he is virtually on top of - into his skates, of course the guy doesn't see this pass and they both briefly overskate the puck before one of them retrieved it.  To me a red flag bad instinct.  The only time I've ever seen that was (a) when a player was afraid or (b) when his skill set was really bad and treated the puck like a hot potato.

Can't be (b) because I looked up his stats and he's the leading scorer on the team.

Does he play so timid all the time?  Or was this an off night for him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was just going to post on Chowdah's thread but this one is more fitting.

I watched it late last night on DVR ,  the kid, McDavid will become the real deal.  Yes with the only game I've watched him play !

This is good news if NHL network shows some of these games.  Happy for my American buddies.

BadHab, as for Griffith I'm going with team play excuse and the Otters goalie standing out.

BTW Chowdah you built Domi too much for me that he looked okay LOL... looked good as soon as the game started , HA !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was just going to post on Chowdah's thread but this one is more fitting.

I watched it late last night on DVR ,  the kid, McDavid will become the real deal.  Yes with the only game I've watched him play !

This is good news if NHL network shows some of these games.  Happy for my American buddies.

BadHab, as for Griffith I'm going with team play excuse and the Otters goalie standing out.

BTW Chowdah you built Domi too much for me that he looked okay LOL... looked good as soon as the game started , HA !

[/QUOTE]

Tsk. Tsk. Please don't tell me you are set in your mind how he plays after one game of action. He could have played better. He didn't . Same with Griffith. He was a fringe player last night.

One game thoughts need to be harnessed. All players have so-so games in their career. You just happened to see it last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL  Chowdah... you took my bait ?  I hope you registered " The only time I've ever seen that was (a) when a player was afraid or (b) when his skill set was really bad and treated the puck like a hot potato."   I'm going to enjoy you bringing this up through the year. 

You know that's not me ... I justed stated McDavid being the real deal after only game I watched him play.

Looking forward to watching more games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

So I gather thie horn isn't something isn't something all of the ohl does?  Does all of the ohl get tv coverage as good as that?

And what's up with the Griffith kid?  I recall one play where he was along the boards with a team mate about 3 feet in front of him with no opposing players around.  So Seth pokes the puck up the boards to the team mate he is virtually on top of - into his skates, of course the guy doesn't see this pass and they both briefly overskate the puck before one of them retrieved it.  To me a red flag bad instinct.  The only time I've ever seen that was (a) when a player was afraid or (b) when his skill set was really bad and treated the puck like a hot potato.

Can't be (b) because I looked up his stats and he's the leading scorer on the team.

Does he play so timid all the time?  Or was this an off night for him?

[/QUOTE]

Answers to your questions :

No. It must have been because it was a network ( Sportsnet ) taking commercial breaks.

No. It was better because of Sportsnet with professional sportscasters. The lighting of the rink and commentary were above average. In comparison most games are done by broadcasters hired to do home games for every team. Most of them have everyday jobs. This is not their main profession. Lighting can be poorer also.

Griffith ? An off night game. Your red flag ideas ? Shook my head when I seen them. Wrong. He is not timid but he isn't overly physical either. Skill set ? As documented, skating is average. Doesn't do anything that makes you say WOW.

An average skilled player who makes more out of what's given to him by being opportunistic compared to players with more skill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

LOL  Chowdah... you took my bait ?  I hope you registered " The only time I've ever seen that was (a) when a player was afraid or (b) when his skill set was really bad and treated the puck like a hot potato."   I'm going to enjoy you bringing this up through the year. 

You know that's not me ... I justed stated McDavid being the real deal after only game I watched him play.

[/QUOTE]

I just responded to that. Single game thoughts have been reduced to single plays.

Very painful to read. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yah you're right, single games and single plays don't spell out a potential career.  

What you have to do is check out the guy's stats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just responded to that. Single game thoughts have been reduced to single plays.

Very painful to read. 

[/QUOTE]

Wait until Dougie has an off game or just plays well defensively with no points on the score card.  You won't just one bad review . 

I'm just happy I got to see a pretty good OHL divisional game and an up and coming kid.

Domi is sharp, a little small although I can see him grow into one those hard to get off the puck ,  low gravity thumpers. 

I need more OHL games under my belt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Finally something new on the station... everytime I get a chance to check NHL Network it's a Panters-Devils re-run.... playoff hockey doesn't get much more boring than that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Finally something new on the station... everytime I get a chance to check NHL Network it's a Panters-Devils re-run.... playoff hockey doesn't get much more boring than that.

[/QUOTE]

Up late, they were doing the Blackhawks-Pens Stanley Cup series recap...I like those, reminds me if how awesome Mario was.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Yah you're right, single games and single plays don't spell out a potential career.  

What you have to do is check out the guy's stats.

[/QUOTE]

And you did. You debated with yourself and ultimately decided that your red flag suspicions were kooky. Sort of.

It was like having our own BDC presendential debate starring one person. You !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So I win?  Excellent!

Sections
Shortcuts