Our best S/O player not selected against Budai ??? Why ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Our best S/O player not selected against Budai ??? Why ?

If you are the coach and have a talented player like Reilly Smith and you dont use him in the S/O ....you're on drugs ...heavy ones ...Reilly Smith way ahead Iginla in the S/O ...come on Claude ..poor selection ...my choices would have been Bergeron, Smith, Krejci, Paille, Soderbergh, 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Re: Our best S/O player not selected against Budai ??? Why ?

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

If you are the coach and have a talented player like Reilly Smith and you dont use him in the S/O ....you're on drugs ...heavy ones ...Reilly Smith way ahead Iginla in the S/O ...come on Claude ..poor selection ...my choices would have been Bergeron, Smith, Krejci, Paille, Soderbergh, 

I would have tried Shawn Thornton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Your right Stanley. The guy with 558 career goals and 8 in his last 5 games over Reilly Smith. Not sure what Julien was thinking there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I dunno, I think Iginla's SO try was better than the rest of them.  They looked like they got so caught up in overthinking they slowed down and had nowhere to shoot by the time they got to the net, Bergeron and Marchand especially.  Those guys are usually deadly, even if they don't score.

I loved the all-out go for the point effort in the OT but the SO was pretty weak.  Nice to get a point after getting shut out for 55 minutes, though.  No finish this evening.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Everything about the B's shootout attempts sucked.  Marchand's effort looked like he was going through the motions in a 8-0 game.  Krejci's move is the same move every single time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

I would have tried Shawn Thornton.

i would have used seguin, kessel, joe thornton.

oh, wait a minute they are only in the top 8 in scoring.  bad idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Bergeron was trying to channel his inner TJ Oshie.  Skate for f's sake!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to candre99's comment:

i would have used seguin, kessel, joe thornton.

oh, wait a minute they are only in the top 8 in scoring.  bad idea.

I don't know how the Bruins will ever overcome the loss of these players.  Oh, wait a minute, they are only first overall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Statistically speaking, Bergeron is considered by the NHL to be the Bruins' best shootout shooter with a 40% success rate this season, including being 66.7% successful at home. Last night was his first home shootout miss of the season. He ranks No. 69 among NHL shooters.

Reilly Smith is one of nine NHL shooters to be at 100% after having gone one-for-one in the current season. The league ranks these nine shooters behind guys with success rates of 22.2% and 13.3% due to their diminutive sample size. 

...so it's kind of hard to say that dipstick is wrong...but here are some fun facts: other 100% shooters with a one-for-one rate include Markov, Vanek, Eaves, Dominic Moore and Dwight King.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bsfannny's comment:

Statistically speaking, Bergeron is considered by the NHL to be the Bruins' best shootout shooter with a 40% success rate this season, including being 66.7% successful at home. Last night was his first home shootout miss of the season. He ranks No. 69 among NHL shooters.

Reilly Smith is one of nine NHL shooters to be at 100% after having gone one-for-one in the current season. The league ranks these nine shooters behind guys with success rates of 22.2% and 13.3% due to their diminutive sample size. 

...so it's kind of hard to say that dipstick is wrong...but here are some fun facts: other 100% shooters with a one-for-one rate include Markov, Vanek, Eaves, Dominic Moore and Dwight King.

Didn't Vanek miss last night?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

I thought that afterward too. I am betting the league's page is not updated as quickly, so it's safe to think that Bergeron is probably 50% at home, not 66.7%.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Your right Stanley. The guy with 558 career goals and 8 in his last 5 games over Reilly Smith. Not sure what Julien was thinking there.

No matter if the guy has 1000 goals ....dont live in the past Iginla is a great 2 way,player no doubt and one of the best but in the S/O its a different ball game ...Reilly Smith has much more talent, skills and speed for the S/O ...Reilly would have sealed the game ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Iginla is one of the best Bruins player this year no doubt he is a warrior and I love him big time...but on a break away I even go,with Paille ove Iginla ....Marchand doesnt impress me in the S/O ...Reilly Smith has to be in your top 3 ....and Soderberg in your top 5 ....

losing to the f... Scabs is a terrible thing when you live in Montreal believe me ...I am still getting silly emails, texts , phone calls from last night's lost ....

no excuse for Claude Julien as much as I like him ..he made a poor selection how can you not score a single goal in the S/O against the scabs number 2 goalie ??

thats where you can tell that a special advisor would be usefull ....number 1should be Reilly Smith 100% in S/O .....PERIOD

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Finally Rask is now 3-13 against the scabs .....2+2=4

If i am Claude Julien and i play the scabs in the playoffs ...guess who's in the net ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

If i am Claude Julien and i play the scabs in the playoffs ...guess who's in the net ?

You wouldn't start Rask because he allowed 1 goal on 22 shots?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Every one of the attempts was brutal last night.  Based on his talent, I think Smith would be a good option...but it's not like the 4 chosen shooters were bums.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

don't leave us hangin' stan! who? who would you put in net?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Now I get it - Reilly Smith is the new Blake Wheeler!

But I agree that the B's should alter their shootout approach. The other teams know exactly what's coming, which increases the opposition's chances to take the extra point. There have to be better options than picking virtually the same trio every time. It seems that the Bruins simply don't have a player with dazzling moves who will deke the goalies out of their jockstraps each time, and it also appears that CJ does not have much of a plan for the "skills competition". He tried Cedfano a couple of times in the past (and he even scored once, afaik), maybe he should pick Krug or Hamilton. If you don't have someone who will surprise the goalie with an array of weird moves a la Patrick Kane, then try to surprise them with someone who hasn't been used that often and, of course, has at least a chance to bury the puck - I would not try Miller, McQuaid or Potter in the shootout. BTW: Has anybody ever seen Fat take a penalty shot?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thing that amazed me most, was Iginla making that big round trip, and deciding to shoot when he was hopelessly to far to the short side.  Just nothing there to shoot at.

I think the troops were probably a lot more nervous than usual.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Brandon Sutter has a 100% rate ( 2 for 2 ) in shootouts for the Pens.

Dwight King for the Kings also. ( 1 for 1 ).

There's a reason why they're not at the top of the list for more shootouts for their teams. Better offensively gifted players usually go first.

I see no problem with Julien, Bylsma or Sutter .........and everyone else with the title of NHL Head Coach letting their best players try to win the game with this thought process. 

If Smith was in the top 3 and not scored then there'd be those who would've complained about that also.

btw........ Andrei Marcov has the same percentage as Smith. (1 for 1........ 100%)

Was Therrien also incorrect for not putting in his so-called best shootout player ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Especially, in this game....you go with your horses.  Imagine the same result if CJ rewarded some of the unsungs with the s/o opportunity.  This place would go nuts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

You wouldn't start Rask because he allowed 1 goal on 22 shots?

No ...because his record sucks ...3-13 against the scabs .....

Sections
Shortcuts