Our Goalies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Our Goalies

Didn't Thomas win the shootout against Florida just a few nights ago?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Thomas is fine, and Rask is dreadful...they blow this game because of Rask, terrible goal to allow at end and he poke check instead of trying to stop Vanek...poor decision making and after B's 1st goal, he naturally gave up the first goal within a minute, thanks for keeping that lead, Tookie

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

But your facts were wrong... Thomas has won a shoot-out this year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

and it happened so recently you look stupid!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

last shoot?

okay, I understand now... you are a Habs troll. learn English.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Enjoy the view looking up at the Bruins in the standings!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

if anything i think rask was yanked too early   how is he supposesd to get his game back if he doesnt play  alot

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

If Rask was dreadful then Miller and Thomas were just as bad. It was a shooters luck type of game tonight. Rask let in one bad goal (3rd goal) and the first two was hardly his fault

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Did you forget which account you were logged into? You posted a reply to your own post.

Shame, shame.
    Bad Troll!

In Response to Re: Our Goalies:
    [QUOTE]Told you so - Thomas is a complete joke in the shoot-out In Response to Our Goalies :
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas is fine, and Rask is dreadful...they blow this game because of Rask, terrible goal to allow at end and he poke check instead of trying to stop Vanek...poor decision making and after B's 1st goal, he naturally gave up the first goal within a minute, thanks for keeping that lead, Tookie
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    Seems it was TT that didn't hold the lead if we're going to be specific.Rask left the game with the lead so it's ridiculous to blame the loss on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Claude Julien has handled this goalie situation absolutely brutal. He has an overworked Thomas who looks nowhere near his early season self lately & he has a cold Tuukka Rask who looks like he has no confidence.

Hopefully Neely or Chia will soon jump in because CJ has really been playing head games with the Bruins 2 top assets in Seguin & Rask this season. Rask should have been given an opportunity to work through his struggles tonight & Thomas should of been given some much needed rest.

It will be very interesting to see how CJ handles Mondays game against the Leafs.

Also off topic but Seguin should be playing ful time Center for his development.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Half of the people who write on this board wanted Thomas traded this summer.  Bruins are doing ok.  Hey, they're in first in their division!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Half of the people who write on this board wanted Thomas traded this summer.  Bruins are doing ok.  Hey, they're in first in their division!!
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

Their first in the worst division in the league woohoo.  If there was one decent team in our division the Bruins would be number 2.  If the Bruins were in either the South East or Alantic divisions they would be currently in 4th place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Goalies : Their first in the worst division in the league woohoo.  If there was one decent team in our division the Bruins would be number 2.  If the Bruins were in either the South East or Alantic divisions they would be currently in 4th place.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    They've played 5 fewer games than Atlanta and sit 2 points behind them.2 less than NYR and only 1 point seperates.Let's not act like they don't have a respectable win/loss record.If those games in hand didn't mean anything they wouldn't bother playing them.The top team in the conference have 7 points more after playing 3 more games.I don't think that winning percentage is THAT much better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

PC/CJ hat on here:

Start Rask in both the 1/3 and 1/6 games for the B's. Then send him down to Providence to start both of their home games on 1/7 and 1/9. P-Bruins also have a road game on 1/8 if he is up to it. Recall him to the B's after the 1/9 game. Rotate hm and Thomas for the rest of January as the B's have a pretty heavy schedule. My .02's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]PC/CJ hat on here: Start Rask in both the 1/3 and 1/6 games for the B's. Then send him down to Providence to start both of their home games on 1/7 and 1/9. P-Bruins also have a road game on 1/8 if he is up to it. Recall him to the B's after the 1/9 game. Rotate hm and Thomas for the rest of January as the B's have a pretty heavy schedule. My .02's.
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]

too complicated for CJ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The southeast is still the southeast, Washington is the only team that might be ahead of the Bruins, might. Tampa's defense almost doesn't exist and their goaltending was actually improved by adding the 41 yr old Roloson, Atlanta's a bit fragile defensively, is one of the worst defensive teams in the league 19th in fact. The Atlantic is a 2 team race, with the Pens & Flyers, the Bruins have played the Flyers twice, and Pens once and outscored the two 11-6 and won two of the three including a 7-4 spanking of the Pens, and a shutout of the Flyers.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Goalies : Their first in the worst division in the league woohoo.  If there was one decent team in our division the Bruins would be number 2.  If the Bruins were in either the South East or Alantic divisions they would be currently in 4th place.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Well there isn't a shooyout in the playoffs
    Which is the only hockey that matters
    What is CJ to do? he gives a Rask a start and he gives up 3 in one period!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]The southeast is still the southeast, Washington is the only team that might be ahead of the Bruins, might. Tampa's defense almost doesn't exist and their goaltending was actually improved by adding the 41 yr old Roloson, Atlanta's a bit fragile defensively, is one of the worst defensive teams in the league 19th in fact. The Atlantic is a 2 team race, with the Pens & Flyers, the Bruins have played the Flyers twice, and Pens once and outscored the two 11-6 and won two of the three including a 7-4 spanking of the Pens, and a shutout of the Flyers. In Response to Re: Our Goalies :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

What I wrote was fact not opinion so I do not know how you can argue that.  Take the Bruins point total and place them in either of the other eastern divisions and they would be in 4th place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

OTB is right. The b's have at least 2gih on all those teams though. +4 points wouldnt even put them in first in either division as well.

Kind of scary I didnt notice this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

In Response to Our Goalies:
    [QUOTE]Rask just plainly stinks this year and Thomas will never win a shoot-out this year
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]

How many shootouts do you think we will face in the playoffs?  I am concerned about Rask, but last year he was fantastic, so I am hoping it is a function of just being underplayed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Orr, how do you figure theyd be in 4th?  Points-wise, they would be in 7th, right ahead of the Habs.  Im not seeing the "fact" here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Orr, how do you figure theyd be in 4th?  Points-wise, they would be in 7th, right ahead of the Habs.  Im not seeing the "fact" here.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Bruins : 46pts

Atlantic Division
    Philly 53 Pts     Boston 2 GIH
    Pitts 53 pts      boston 3 GIH
    NYR 47 Points  Boston 3 GIH

Bos 4th place

Southeast Div:
    Tampa 51 pts  Boston 2Gih
    Wash 51 pts    Boston 3 GIH
    ATL 48 pts       Boston 5GIH

Bos 4th place

That puts 6 teams infront of the B's in other divisions.

Edit: To give some perspective thanks to Dez's post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Goalies : Bruins : 46pts Atlantic Division Philly 53 Pts Pitts 53 pts NYR 47 Points Bos 4th place Southeast Div: Tampa 51 pts Wash 51 pts ATL 48 pts Bos 4th place That puts 6 teams infront of the B's in other divisions.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    5 in hand on Atlanta and 3 in hand on NYR,Wash,and Pitt.it's not their fault the schedule isn't balanced.Make up the games in hand and I think their spot in the standings will be just fine.

Sections
Shortcuts