Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??

I'm not a betting man, but I bet that was it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??

I think so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Hope not, I think he is fairly cheap next season no? 3 mill ish..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Honestly first time this had crossed my mind untill now. He sure didn't have the magic this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They don't have a better option - so he'll be back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Man this is going to be one of the toughest decisions Chia will ever have to make.

Both are number 1 goalies. Can't see them trading TT though. Probably just one more year of them splitting the load. Hope Rask is willing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I hadnt thought so since this series, but yeah, probably.

All last post season all we could say was, what if a bounce went this way or that, or if TT wasnt great?

Well, this is what it looks like.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Offense lost the Caps series, not defense. I hope we see TT again next year (still unsure of Rask.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

that's what some on this board are hoping for....

if B'S are serious about competing for cup next year, TT remains their best option....

instead, how about improving an offense that was able to only score a grand total of 15 goals against a third-stringer?.... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Huge mistake if it is.  If you're a fan of the Bob Costas sports imitates soap opera bull crap then it makes sense, if you look at performance, Timmy and the old guys held their own in this series.  The future stars just didn't up their game enough.

A tweak or two is probably needed, but I'd keep the team intact.  Ryder, Horton, Recchi, and Savard (and maybe even Kaberle) were missed, but more than anything it's just the bounces of playoff hockey.

Two years in a row this team was better than Detroit, Vancover, San Jose, Chicago, and Pittsburgh.  They have a championship to show for it.  This group is still capable of winning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??:
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

So I guess this must mean they are trading Khodubin and not signing Rask.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

TT will definitely be back next year.  PC will give him one more kick at the can.  The team just played too uptight in this series and they let the Caps dictate the style of play.  They will learn from this and be better for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think anyone is suggesting that TT would be gone because of performance.  At least not anyone that watches the games.  TT is still a stud goalie.

But if you look at contracts, roster spots, salary cap, age, trade value, and yes...distractions...the full picture makes me think there is a pretty strong argument for going Belichick-style and making the move before the age and decline show up.  Move him while he has value, don't cling to the glory of the past.

I'm not suggesting this (yet), but the argument has some merit and I think Chia is pretty proactive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You have no clue.  Rask's save % was better than TT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think #30 and #17 might be gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : You have no clue.  Rask's save % was better than TT.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Come on.  You're acting like an idiot.

Rask was on the bench for a reason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"I don't think anyone is suggesting that TT would be gone because of performance.  At least not anyone that watches the games.  TT is still a stud goalie.

But if you look at contracts, roster spots, salary cap, age, trade value, and yes...distractions...the full picture makes me think there is a pretty strong argument for going Belichick-style and making the move before the age and decline show up.  Move him while he has value, don't cling to the glory of the past.

I'm not suggesting this (yet), but the argument has some merit and I think Chia is pretty proactive."

Good post, Fletch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Could be gone, but depends on who they get in return whether I agree with it or not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I like TT but I have to agree, he is gone. Rask (the future) will be signed to a multi-year contract  and he will get his shot to be the starter. Judging by how PC layered the contracts of the three goalies (Khudoban included) and the fact TT's NMC expires on July 1, that seems to have been his plan all along.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think the B's will hold onto him for 1 more season. He can always back up Tuuka if he fails to play up to expectations. I thought he played pretty well this year. Too bad the guys in front of him could not have mustered some more offence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I think he will be gone. And Fletch said it perfectly. Not because of his play but because of the nature of the business.

Let's all remember that Khubodin has a one-way contract next season and TT is a solid trading chip. I don't like the idea but I would understand if it happened.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : Come on.  You're acting like an idiot. Rask was on the bench for a reason.

The reason was TT stood on his head in the finals last year so they were committed to him on that level, but you have to decide who's going to get the majority of starts.  Not playing that much isn't good either.  And they went with TT.

Hindsight is 20/20, but honestly, we might have been better off with Rask in net in this series.  TT let in some softies.

Look back 2 years and Rask was in contention for a Vezina.

Rask save % this season: .929
    TT save % this season: .92

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I expect he will be gone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : The reason was TT stood on his head in the finals last year so they were committed to him on that level, but you have to decide who's going to get the majority of starts.  Not playing that much isn't good either.  And they went with TT. Hindsight is 20/20, but honestly, we might have been better off with Rask in net in this series.  TT let in some softies. Look back 2 years and Rask was in contention for a Vezina. Rask save % this season: .929 TT save % this season: .92
    Posted by BadHabitude

You should be ashamed of yourself! What a cut throat! EVERY GOALIE ALLOWED BAD GOALS IN EVERY SERIES! Except Cory in Van. How in the hell could the B's start a goalie that won 1 game in his last 9 starts? Probably your dumbest post you ever said!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Doesnt TT have a no trade clause?  It might be a moot point.

This team has no offensive minds.  You can tell, the second they get the puck, they look around for someone to deal it to.   Really, Horton and Seguin are the only ones who have any "sniper" talent.  Nothing against the 3 way players, they are great.

- No rotation on the powerplays
    - Aways trying to get the puck to the point
    - Dump and grind (all the time)

Sections
Shortcuts