Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??:
    [QUOTE]Doesnt TT have a no trade clause?  It might be a moot point. This team has no offensive minds.  You can tell, the second they get the puck, they look around for someone to deal it to.   Really, Horton and Seguin are the only ones who have any "sniper" talent.  Nothing against the 3 way players, they are great. - No rotation on the powerplays - Aways trying to get the puck to the point - Dump and grind (all the time)
    Posted by Babajingo[/QUOTE]

Expires July 1st

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : Expires July 1st
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

My bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : You should be ashamed of yourself! What a cut throat! EVERY GOALIE ALLOWED BAD GOALS IN EVERY SERIES! Except Cory in Van. How in the hell could the B's start a goalie that won 1 game in his last 9 starts? Probably your dumbest post you ever said!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

How about Quick?

Yes, you are right, Tuuka was cold, especially after being hurt.

You have to admit that TT had more than his fair share of soft goals this series.

All of that aside, do you have a problem with Rask as your #1?  And getting what assets you can for TT before he bolts after this contract expires this coming season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Offense lost the Caps series, not defense.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Good point.  For the most part the scorers didn't score.  Still Chiarelli might explore what he can get for him while he still has some value.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : Good point.  For the most part the scorers didn't score.  Still Chiarelli might explore what he can get for him while he still has some value.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Agreed RHO. PC has explored before. I'm sure he will again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I'd hate to see Thomas traded, but Chiarelli should listen to offers for everyone.  Thomas, Krejci, Rask, Seguin, Lucic, Chara, Hamilton, whoever.

Wayne Gretzky was traded, and the Oilers won the cup with out him.  No player is untradeable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'd hate to see Thomas traded, but Chiarelli should listen to offers for everyone.  Thomas, Krejci, Rask, Seguin, Lucic, Chara, Hamilton, whoever. Wayne Gretzky was traded, and the Oilers won the cup with out him.  No player is untradeable.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

Of course, everything is always for sale at the right price.

Ever hear of this Nash guy in Columbus?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

If it does materialize, interesting that both Luongo and Thomas could be available on the market. 

Wonder what PC makes of Holtby's success?  Basically a kid with 7 NHL games under his belt and the Caps 3rd stringer just out-dueled TT and beat the reigning champs.  Does a performance like that make PC feel like he can finally turn the keys over to Rask?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : How about Quick? Yes, you are right, Tuuka was cold, especially after being hurt. You have to admit that TT had more than his fair share of soft goals this series. All of that aside, do you have a problem with Rask as your #1?  And getting what assets you can for TT before he bolts after this contract expires this coming season?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do have a problem just giving Rask the starter's job without insurance.  He has been injured for the past two seasons.  Like another poster said he was on a pretty bad losing streak before he went down and his GAA had gone from nearly a 1.6 to where it stands now at 2.05.  To pull stats and claim that he was on fire is deceiving.  He was struggling just as much as anyone on this team.  Also look up the teams he played against.  Aside from a few notables such as Detroit, not that many quality teams, which is where you use your backup goalie so I can't blame him for that but at the same time I don't think he is ready to give all the keys to the ship. 

Never mind the fact that I stand by the - he's had the chance to start for two years and hasn't been able to take over the job.  So we're just going to give it to him then?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

It was fun while it lasted !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]If it does materialize, interesting that both Luongo and Thomas could be available on the market.  Wonder what PC makes of Holtby's success?  Basically a kid with 7 NHL games under his belt and the Caps 3rd stringer just out-dueled TT and beat the reigning champs.  Does a performance like that make PC feel like he can finally turn the keys over to Rask?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

He didn't out-duel TT.  The only way TT gets in on the conversation regarding the entire series, is to allude he wasn't other-worldly.  He was certainly good enough.  If a golaie has to be relied upon to consistently stand on his head...there are serious team deficiencies.  Holtby is not why the Caps won.  The Caps won because they equaled or bettered the B's virtually everywhere, and were rewarded with a bounce or two.  The Bruins already used up their bounces, so they should have relied on outplaying their competition to achieve success.

If the right deal comes along, TT will be gone.  If not...he'll stay.  Some for about 12 other Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

stevegm, the bounces did seem to go the Caps way during the series and especially on their goals in game seven, but if I'm no mistaken working hard and sticking to the scheme you make the bounces go you way. That little " RAT " Hunter got his team to buy into that scheme !

The Caps were one goal better this series than the B's !

Concerning TT, I think the B's will let him walk or buy him out this summer because he is 38 years old and use that money on Rask and I hope a better skating and all around defender.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As I understand it, the only way to keep both Rask and Qdoba in the mix as possible replacements is to move Thomas this summer.  If you wait to next year you lose one of these guys.  You also don't know what Thomas' value would be next year (probably not higher than this year) and he becomes a free agent, so you might lose him for nothing.  Just a few reasons for making the inevitable move this summer instead of next...

...and I'm not decided either...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Timmy isn't going anywhere

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I don't feel like writing a paragraph so here it goes:

*Thomas's contract is doable with regards to the salary cap.  
    *Thomas is still an excellent goalie.
    *Thomas is 38, short shelf life.
    *Thomas is a "they" guy on the team.  
    *Thomas should be making more money given his stellar performances the past few years.
    *Thomas has excellent trade value, Rask is better but think age not value.
    *Rask is ready for prime time.
    *Back up goalie Khodobin is ready, although really unproven.
    *Always build from the goalie out should be the dominating theory for management in 2012-13.

The best case scenario, Rask signs and undertands his role is to be expanded.
    Thomas is fine sharing duties and is promised to be signed to a extension after next season.  

Side note:  Both Krejci and Lucic will be on the team next year.  I hope Horton is able to play otherwise Krejci may be gone.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a betting man, but I bet that was it.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

If there's ever a good time to part ways this is it. It's not an easy call but PC should trade TT for a high-end forward w/a prospect to replace what could be a career-done Horton to a team starved for goaltending, and while TT's stock is still high.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what to do, what to do? trade TT, he flourishes somewhere else, and the b's struggle = "what a horrible move by pc!" keep TT and he plays like a normal human being = "what a horrible non-move by pc!"..... i'd hate to be the guy who has to make this decision. no gm has ever batted 1.000, you just hope he makes more good moves than bad moves. so far he has had great success in his dealings(2011 cup), let's hope he looks into his crystal ball and gets the b's back to the top... they're not far off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

[QUOTE]I like TT but I have to agree, he is gone. Rask (the future) will be signed to a multi-year contract  and he will get his shot to be the starter. Judging by how PC layered the contracts of the three goalies (Khudoban included) and the fact TT's NMC expires on July 1, that seems to have been his plan all along.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

This is exactly my thought as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Looking at the long-term picture, it's a no-brainer to trade him now.  Dump $5mil, use the cash to sign Tuukka and others, allows you to keep both Tuukka and Khudobin long-term. Also, TT will bring back good value now rather than letting him walk for nothing.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that in a few years Khudobin, not Tuukka, will be the #1 goalie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??:[QUOTE] Could be gone, but depends on who they get in return whether I agree with it or not. Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

This to me means everything! Agree with Fletch and SE that entertaining offers has nothing to with performance.

Hey Nite, bet Scotty Laughlin will be telling Leaf fans all summer that TT is going to Ontario eh ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

They have 3 NHL goalies under contract for next year (Khudobin's deal is one way next season) and only 2 spots on the roster so one of those guys won't be here. I can actually see a Rask/Khudobin tandem but I think that only happens if they get an offer they can't refuse for Thomas.
    Rask could be swung in a RFA deal, again, only if the offer is really good.
    It seems most likely that Khudobin is the odd man out to me. Can they trade him as long as whomever they trade him to places him on their NHL roster? Not that I think they could get much for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

No matter how well Thomas plays in the coming season or two, the reality is he's pushing 40 and eventually his play will decline. He was good this year, but no better than last year. If he could bring something good back, like a 1st rounder, I would trade him. An extra 1st rounder is nice come deadline day if you have a hole to patch. I think they really need to decide what to do with both him and Tuukka; I'm sure Rask is getting tired of being a back up and it's not like his stats can get much better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : This to me means everything! Agree with Fletch and SE that entertaining offers has nothing to with performance. Hey Nite, bet Scotty Laughlin will be telling Leaf fans all summer that TT is going to Ontario eh ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    LOL Without a doubt! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

When the camera went on Chia, after the winning goal beat Thomas, the look Chiarelli  gave Neely told everything. Thomas is history and will be traded for quality scoring forward (s)...Rask will be signed with Khudobin as backup...They still have Turco who is two years younger than Timmy if injury becomes an issue...It will play out in training camp as far as Spooner Knight or Hamilton cracking the line up...this team will certainly have changes and probably start with Ward.