Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??

TT is the perfect age for Detroit! All kidding aside, I'm torn about this. On one hand I'm not convinced about Rask yet, or Khudobin for that matter. I know Tuuk hasn't gotten in many games in the past few seasons, but neither has Cory Scheidner & look at him. So for that reason I'd like Timmy to finish his contract in Boston. I like sticking with things that you know. It's like trading "your" used car, for "someone elses" used car. You know what your car is capable of. It's quirks & what's wrong with it. However, you don't know what the other person's car is going to give you.

The other hand though. Sometimes you have to take a risk now & hope it brightens the future. If the right offer comes along; which I have no idea what type of player I would be happy with right now. I mean TT isn't going to get the Bruins a Rick Nash, or a Zac Parise, or a Shea Weber type. I also don't think bringing in a Ryan Malone type is enough for TT. So I'm sticking to my guns for now. It depends on what PC gets whether I'll be happy about TT moving anywhere. I'm like leaning on the 55-45 that he stays at least until next yrs deadline. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B??:
    No matter how well Thomas plays in the coming season or two, the reality is he's pushing 40 and eventually his play will decline. He was good this year, but no better than last year. If he could bring something good back, like a 1st rounder, I would trade him. An extra 1st rounder is nice come deadline day if you have a hole to patch. I think they really need to decide what to do with both him and Tuukka; I'm sure Rask is getting tired of being a back up and it's not like his stats can get much better.
    Posted by OatesCam

His winning percentage stat certainly needs to get much better. Don't you think?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

When the camera went on Chia, after the winning goal beat Thomas, the look Chiarelli  gave Neely told everything. Thomas is history and will be traded for quality scoring forward (s)...Rask will be signed with Khudobin as backup...They still have Turco who is two years younger than Timmy if injury becomes an issue...It will play out in training camp as far as Spooner Knight or Hamilton cracking the line up...this team will certainly have changes and probably start with Ward.
    Posted by saultont

Yea the look said "Well Cam the Mrs promised me some sexual favors if we lost!" Are you related to Null? You sounded just as ridiculous making that statement! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : Yea the look said "Well Cam the Mrs promised me some sexual favors if we lost!" Are you related to Null? You sounded just as ridiculous making that statement! 
    Posted by nitemare-38

F.Y. if your bright enough to figure that out!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No matter how well Thomas plays in the coming season or two, the reality is he's pushing 40 and eventually his play will decline. He was good this year, but no better than last year. If he could bring something good back, like a 1st rounder, I would trade him. An extra 1st rounder is nice come deadline day if you have a hole to patch. I think they really need to decide what to do with both him and Tuukka; I'm sure Rask is getting tired of being a back up and it's not like his stats can get much better.
    Posted by OatesCam

Well said -- this is along the same lines that I am thinking.  Do you look for offers at the draft?

Thomas might beat Luongo again.  He is going to be the more attractive goalie trade...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : Well said -- this is along the same lines that I am thinking.  Do you look for offers at the draft? Thomas might beat Luongo again.  He is going to be the more attractive goalie trade...
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch, I think TT was moving in the off-season regardless of these playoffs. The 1st round exit just lessenned what PC can expect to get in return for him. There's a reason his NMC expires July1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

....does ward's $$$ count against the cap?
    j.k.   Three is not company when it comes to goalies.
    Teams would look to grab TT b4 luongoal-another win for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Our last look at TT in the spoked-B?? : He didn't out-duel TT.  The only way TT gets in on the conversation regarding the entire series, is to allude he wasn't other-worldly.  He was certainly good enough.  If a golaie has to be relied upon to consistently stand on his head...there are serious team deficiencies.  Holtby is not why the Caps won.  The Caps won because they equaled or bettered the B's virtually everywhere, and were rewarded with a bounce or two.  The Bruins already used up their bounces, so they should have relied on outplaying their competition to achieve success.   If the right deal comes along, TT will be gone.  If not...he'll stay.  Some for about 12 other Bruins.
    Posted by stevegm

Sure he did. 

Holtby finishes the series with a 2.00 GAA & a .940 SV%
    Thomas finishes the series with a 2.14 GAA & a .923 SV%

My post was intended to salute Holtby as compared to digging at Thomas, but by all accounts Thomas was good, not great in this series.  Holtby was great, give the kid some credit.

Thomas was not the reason the B's lost, not by a long shot.  He played well enough to advance the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In my mind TT was the reason they had to play game 7. He blew game 5 so there never should have been game 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In my mind TT was the reason they had to play game 7. He blew game 5 so there never should have been game 7.
    Posted by jwb413

I thought TT was the difference in game 5 for all the wrong reasons. He played pretty well the rest of the way though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Can you imagine what a bad business decision it would be to NOT get anything in return for Thomas?  Imagine keeping him for 1 more year and losing either Rask and/or Khadobin (sp).  Then what happens the next season?  

Can't believe that some of you would actually consider trading Rask and keeping TT, what happens after next year?  

If you trade him now, you get something of value in return... Besides we already have 2 goalies that are ready for prime-time.  

I tip my hat to TT and thank him for his service.  He is now a legend here and will always be a hometown favorite...but it is not worth mortgaging the future to try to squeeze out one more year from him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

One day we'll all regret whatever is being said on this thread.  That's all I have to say about that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Can you imagine what a bad business decision it would be to NOT get anything in return for Thomas?  Imagine keeping him for 1 more year and losing either Rask and/or Khadobin (sp).  Then what happens the next season?   Can't believe that some of you would actually consider trading Rask and keeping TT, what happens after next year?   If you trade him now, you get something of value in return... Besides we already have 2 goalies that are ready for prime-time.   I tip my hat to TT and thank him for his service.  He is now a legend here and will always be a hometown favorite...but it is not worth mortgaging the future to try to squeeze out one more year from him.
    Posted by dbg1
    I'd tend to agree. It might be different if there wasn't a young core here or if tHomas was as unique a player as Chara. But based on 2011-2012 the B's probably see little drop off going to Rask and can ill afford to carry two big contract goalies next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

D and Goaltending are not the problem at all, 15 goals in 7 games is and 2/20 whatever on the PP is.  I say do what we need to do to improve the later parts, and if freeing up TT's cap means having a goalie with a 940 sv % for a guy with 935%, so be it.  TT is getting up there, he's great. 

No matter what happens this offseason, we will need to deal with the reality that TT has to be replaced in the next year or two (maybe 3)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well lets see. Since most on here are saying he probably will go. What team do you think will want TT? I say a TT & prospect for Patrick Sharp. That's the kind of deal I hope PC makes.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Well lets see. Since most on here are saying he probably will go. What team do you think will want TT? I say a TT & prospect for Patrick Sharp. That's the kind of deal I hope PC makes.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Id be ok with this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Interesting read...

Sections
Shortcuts