Our time with the Cup.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Our time with the Cup.

A week after the B's won the cup my 9 year old begged me to take him to the pro shop and buy him a replica Cup. It's actually a piggy bank and its about 2-3 feet high (cost $55, but well worth it). He was so proud he paraded it around North Station for an hour. People were smiling and taking pictures with him. He brought it on the commuter rail and held court with the Cup and a group of passengers. The walk from the train staion to my house is about 3 blocks. He carried the Cup proudly over his head the entire way. People were beeping as they drove by and some folks were actually clapping. Every night before bed, and i mean EVERY NIGHT, he picks up his miniature Cup and skates it (walks it) around the kitchen, he then hands it off to me, then his mother and finally puts it on the dogs back for a walk around the kitchen. He went to camp in NH on Saturday for 2 weeks and requested that I hold up the Cup every night before bed in his absence and march it around the house.
    I still smile every day when I think about them winning after all these years. I just wanted to share a little bit about our time with the cup.
    Let's go Bruins !!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Our time with the Cup.

In Response to Our time with the Cup.:
    A week after the B's won the cup my 9 year old begged me to take him to the pro shop and buy him a replica Cup. It's actually a piggy bank and its about 2-3 feet high (cost $55, but well worth it). He was so proud he paraded it around North Station for an hour. People were smiling and taking pictures with him. He brought it on the commuter rail and held court with the Cup and a group of passengers. The walk from the train staion to my house is about 3 blocks. He carried the Cup proudly over his head the entire way. People were beeping as they drove by and some folks were actually clapping. Every night before bed, and i mean EVERY NIGHT, he picks up his miniature Cup and skates it (walks it) around the kitchen, he then hands it off to me, then his mother and finally puts it on the dogs back for a walk around the kitchen. He went to camp in NH on Saturday for 2 weeks and requested that I hold up the Cup every night before bed in his absence and march it around the house. I still smile every day when I think about them winning after all these years. I just wanted to share a little bit about our time with the cup. Let's go Bruins !!!!!!!
    Posted by ed121501

Awesome story Ed. This is what it's all about. I still remember how much I loved hockey at that age. I'm glad this Bruins team is receiving the adoration that was given to the Bruins of the 70's that I loved so very much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Another great story to complement the pics of Bergie in Quebec. Love the spirit, and am having a hard time with this loooong  hot summer as I look forward to September, even if the Red Sox are doing so well. Hockey comes first even though my arthritic knees can no longer do cross overs as I lose the balance capability.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

hey Ed,

maybe he (or you) should have pointed out it was a piggy-bank. You would have started a college fund with all the people dropping coins.  Wink
    Keep the memory of the cup fresh in his mind . I was only 6 when they won their previous cup and can only remember flashes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to Re: Our time with the Cup.:
    hey Ed, maybe he (or you) should have pointed out it was a piggy-bank. You would have started a college fund with all the people dropping coins.  Keep the memory of the cup fresh in his mind . I was only 6 when they won their previous cup and can only remember flashes.
    Posted by BsLegion

Actually, he knows it's a piggy bank but refuses to put any money in it for whatever reason.
    To give you an idea of how serious he takes this: He will only take the Cup from me the same way that Bettman gave it to Chara. If you recall, Bettman handed it to Z with the Cup standing straight up/down (not side to side like the players typically do when they are skating with it)
    I would love to hear any other stories about how people may be celebrating during the summer. We waited a long time for this and its great to hear/see other Bruins fans happy.
    Can't wait to see the banner raised and share another great moment with my boy !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Nobody cares woopdy doo!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Posted by bobby774

I do.  In fact, I care considerably more than I care about your opinion on his post.  That, I'm sure, nobody cares about. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Posted by bobby774

You may be right bobby but you could have been a little nicer about it. Or maybe just kept it to yourself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Our time with the Cup. : You may be right bobby but you could have been a little nicer about it. Or maybe just kept it to yourself.
    Posted by ed121501

No ed, bobby is wrong, as were his parents when they decided not to abort.

It's a nice story and I'm glad your son and your family are enjoying the victory to the max. Cheers, my friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Our time with the Cup. : You may be right bobby but you could have been a little nicer about it. Or maybe just kept it to yourself.
    Posted by ed121501

Likes to stir .... see his profile and he might be disappointed the Bruins won the cup and didn't fire Julien. 

Sections
Shortcuts