Outside of Marchand...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Outside of Marchand...

From what I see, he's the only one really playing hard every shift. 

Clearly the contract negiotiations didn't affect him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Outside of Marchand...

Seguin and Peverley. Bergeron. Going to say they aren't working hard?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

its 3 games cmon....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I thought Pouliot had a good game too. He was doing a lot of little things and bringing some energy to his line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Marchand, Seguin, Bergeron, Peverley, Pouliot are playing well/working hard. All the D. Both goalies. Everyone else has either shown some flashes or completely sucked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't know how much of it is effort and how much of it is results. I don't think too many guys are doggin' it out there but only a few of them seem to have their game together at this point. I'm referring to the forwards here. I like what I've been seeing from the D and the Goalies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Everyone could have given a little more today... Seguin nearly got his head taken off going into the zone with his head down. Rask saved this from being a total joke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marchand has played well but Bergie never ever takes a night off. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I didn't see Seguin, Peverley, Bergeron, Pouliot, Kelly, Paille or Krejci moving slowly or taking the easy road in today's game.  No defensemen dogged it in my view and the goaltenders have played great!

But, of course, let's just add to The Lore of Brad Marchand and say he's the only one working hard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Outside of Marchand...:
    I didn't see Seguin, Peverley, Bergeron, Pouliot, Kelly, Paille or Krejci moving slowly or taking the easy road in today's game.  No defensemen dogged it in my view and the goaltenders have played great! But, of course, let's just add to The Lore of Brad Marchand and say he's the only one working hard.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

This. No one could say it better. Though Marchand has looked very good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I thought the fourth line played pretty well today. They always seemed to have energy and create some chances.

The problem is missed chances. Pouliot had an empty net and didn't shoot. Lucic had 2 very good chances and didn't bury them. Marchand had a really good chance, but didn't convert. At least two of those chances should have been goals. The defense and goaltending has been good. The offense just needs to catch up

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Marchand, Bergie, Pev line has been a bright spot for the B's so far but when the champs lose to a bottom feeder via shutout I feel no one played well. A shutout shows they didn't show up and gave up a valueable 2 points, I hate when the Bruins get shutout, but my concern is the 2 out 3 stinkers the Bruins have played at home so far.
    The Bruins have to be more focused and score more goals, PP has to get better as the target on their backs will even get larger after this lack luster effort. The points you lose in October cannot be made up in April and these points vs teams they should beat and lose to could cost a playoff spot.
    I know it is early but it is still cause for concern and this team can play better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The team's given up 4 goals in 3 games.  I'll go out on a limb and say that if they finish the season with a 1.33 team goals against average, there'll be playoff games in Boston.  (0.66 GAA if you take away one minute of the Philly game).

What they're not doing is finishing chances.  They're creating chances - not often enough from the first line, but still.  The forwards aren't in form yet, and you see it in Marchand failing to score on some great chances, Horton and Seguin both whiffing on good chances, etc etc.  They're not "bearing down."  Give it time.  Someone just has to wake the bear.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wouldn't say effort is the big deal here, but Marchand has shown a good nose for the net while a lot of others are missfiring a bit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I thought the fourth line played pretty well today. They always seemed to have energy and create some chances. The problem is missed chances. Pouliot had an empty net and didn't shoot. Lucic had 2 very good chances and didn't bury them. Marchand had a really good chance, but didn't convert. At least two of those chances should have been goals. The defense and goaltending has been good. The offense just needs to catch up
    Posted by lordy4

Agreed. Its not like they dominated the time of possesion or anything, but we missed the net quite a bit the last two games and when we did have a good opportunity we just couldnt bury it, but the chances are there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I wouldn't say effort is the big deal here, but Marchand has shown a good nose for the net while a lot of others are missfiring a bit.
    Posted by OatesCam

Heh heh, a good nose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Out of synch might be the most appropriate comment, so let's give it some time. Having said that, perhaps Claude should sit Horton, and perhaps both Pouliot and Caron deserve to play ahead of those not performing, or those lacking true skills.In addition, Ward drew up the plan for the last minute, and it was totally nebulous. Does this rhyme with PP ?? With the skilled players available these Ward/Claude offensive plans do not seem to work very well . Perhaps they should ask Savard to advise and comment/coach the offense.

Sections
Shortcuts