Ovechkin is a -31. Repeat -31!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ovechkin is a -31. Repeat -31!

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

Ovechkin and Oates aren't responsible for the cr@p defense or goaltending McPhee puts on that ice every night. Count them, 4 Cap players, can't clear the damn puck LoL

[/QUOTE]

but Ovi as the Captain should lead by example,the only example he seems to set is its ok to float and shirk your defensive responsibilities.I like Ovi but Captain material he is not. [/QUOTE]

Agreed he is no leader.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco, according to you anyone who scores over 30 goals can do no wrong.  

Over 40 goals and he could rape and kill your mother sister and favorite pet dog and it would still be the fault of his team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

San, i'll agree that the Caps D won't be confused with the 77-78 Scabs but Ovi as the Captain should lead by example,the only example he seems to set is its ok to float and shirk your defensive responsibilities.I like Ovi but Captain material he is not.

[/QUOTE]

Jean Beliveau couldn't do anything if his team was putting Brouliette, Brown, Wilson and Erskine on the ice at the same time.

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with that too Nas but i think "Le Gros Bill" would at least try to backcheck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Def work ethic. . Mess was one of the best... it says nothing

Neely was always a minus before he joined bruins

Ovie in boston forget that -31 would never happen and he'd score as many if not more

[/QUOTE]

False beyond belief because he would be benched for not trying and then traded. That crap's just not tolerated on the Bruins. They've had Hortons and Ryders who essentially disappear for weeks at a time, but only because they still put in legitimate efforts on the defensive end and never blatantly give up on plays. Ovi's sort of game weakens a team overall. The Capitals are scarewed.

[/QUOTE]

Horton ? Big reason we won cup.. ryder was good in 2011 playoffs. Nvm reg season . If julien never benched ryder then why would he bench a probable future hall of famer. 

Oh btw.  Kasper benched neely once to o.... crazy ur right only in boston. 

[/QUOTE]

a) Ryder was benched for a game or two. scratched iirc.

b) the Kasper thing was a disaster, but only because Neely had earned the right to extra respect. at that time, he really was kind of coasting, but that was after establishing himself as one of the best Bruins of all time for all the right reasons, and after suffering career-threatening injuries. he kind of had no choice but to coast some nights. on top of that Kasper didn't have the gravitas to pull it off. he was a mediocre player and had no coaching experience. Oates is a HOFer. completely different situations.

c) Horton? child please. i'm not referring to the playoffs, which is where he fortunately earned his money for his time here. but for weeks and even months during the season he basically phoned it in. but even so, he still played within the team structure and never simply "gave up" on plays like Ovi. Ovi is a different animal in that sense. Ovi is a loser, and he should be treated like a loser, certainly not like a Captain unless you want your team to emulate him. captains are only worthwhile if they inspire the lesser players to work even harder. Ovi's have the opposite effect.

[/QUOTE]

Ovi is a loser? Based on what. .. 

Ryder coukd have been benched easily 10 games.

[/QUOTE]

0 even strength points for a month when his team was fighting for a playoff spot

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh..I see and the playoff years when he scored 31 in 52 doesn't count. ... tbe last month of the season is where it comes down too. Where his true value lies...

Can we trade kelly for that loser..

Sorry.  We can't bostonfan the ole bs excuse salary cap

[/QUOTE]

But we're not talking about other years.  We're talking about THIS year.

Gil Perrault - what was your opinion of that player?

Yes, a magician with the puck, but refused to backcheck.  Wonderful to watch, but you don't build cup winners around guys like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Great goal scorer! He has to get new skates though, the ones he has only go fast in one direction, when he's on offense. How can you respect a guy that puts so little effort into playing D?

And a better question, why would you want him on the Bruins? Doesn't fit the culture at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ovie in boston forget that -31 would never happen and he'd score as many if not more

[/QUOTE]

False beyond belief because he would be benched for not trying and then traded. That crap's just not tolerated on the Bruins. They've had Hortons and Ryders who essentially disappear for weeks at a time, but only because they still put in legitimate efforts on the defensive end and never blatantly give up on plays. Ovi's sort of game weakens a team overall. The Capitals are scarewed.

[/QUOTE]

Horton ? Big reason we won cup.. ryder was good in 2011 playoffs. Nvm reg season . If julien never benched ryder then why would he bench a probable future hall of famer. 

[/QUOTE]

b) the Kasper thing was a disaster, but only because Neely had earned the right to extra respect. at that time, he really was kind of coasting, but that was after establishing himself as one of the best Bruins of all time for all the right reasons, and after suffering career-threatening injuries. he kind of had no choice but to coast some nights. on top of that Kasper didn't have the gravitas to pull it off. he was a mediocre player and had no coaching experience. Oates is a HOFer. completely different situations.

c) Horton? child please. i'm not referring to the playoffs, which is where he fortunately earned his money for his time here. but for weeks and even months during the season he basically phoned it in. but even so, he still played within the team structure and never simply "gave up" on plays like Ovi. Ovi is a different animal in that sense. Ovi is a loser, and he should be treated like a loser, certainly not like a Captain unless you want your team to emulate him. captains are only worthwhile if they inspire the lesser players to work even harder. Ovi's have the opposite effect.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

0 even strength points for a month when his team was fighting for a playoff spot

[/QUOTE]

Oh..I see and the playoff years when he scored 31 in 52 doesn't count. ... tbe last month of the season is where it comes down too. Where his true value lies...

[/QUOTE]

Where do you get this nonsense about me being cap obsessed? Ovi had a great year last year. But he loses, not just often. Always. And he always is a big part of the loss. When his teams need him (both mother Russia, and the caps), he stops skating, and plays bad, and then loses. Find me a do or die game where ovi played well. You can't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Over 40 goals and he could rape and kill your mother sister and favorite pet dog and it would still be the fault of his team.

[/QUOTE]

Don't change the subject. .. and semin has score40 U can keep him,  dave clarkson... u can keep him. . 

I can continue. ... told u ugot me sized up wrong. 

[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't. He has you sized up as someone who doesn't understand what wins hockey games. He's right on

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't change the subject. .. and semin has score40 U can keep him,  dave clarkson... u can keep him. . 

[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't. He has you sized up as someone who doesn't understand what wins hockey games. He's right on

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where do you get this nonsense about me being cap obsessed? Ovi had a great year last year. But he loses, not just often. Always. And he always is a big part of the loss. When his teams need him (both mother Russia, and the caps), he stops skating, and plays bad, and then loses. Find me a do or die game where ovi played well. You can't.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody can. It hasn't happened. He's a 10mill dollar floater who only works for himself. It's pathetic how he disappears in big games & doesn't help out 5 on 5! Waste of talent, but a real waste of skin when his team needs him the most! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And who exactly are you?  Oh yea th guy who thinks we can easily get a second rder for kelly.

[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the one that said they would have to buy him out to be rid of him, all the while not fully understanding the buy out process?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think Oates is done as is McPhee.  It will be a complete restructure.  Oates is a fine special teams coach but a Hitchcock or someone along those lines is needed.   they always stay clear of experienced coaches and hire newbies.  

As for Ovie, he just isnt a good captain.  And the thing thats more obvious is they have no one that can grab him and pull him along.  Washington hasnt had a true leader on that team in a while.  They need a guy that can take over the room and show them the right way.  Or they need young players like Wilson to make this happen.  Their top prospects are Kuznetsov and Burakovsky.  Both high skill high end top 6 guys.  also come with personality issues.  Who leads them?  Who shows them the right way.   Its not gonna be ovie, backstrom green.   

The caps must add a true leader, someone in the richards, callahan, brown, bergie mold.  I think a Ott would help them greatly.  A Matt Greene on the back end.  

The complete culture has to change.  Its gonna start at the top next year i think.  New GM, new Coach who will bring in the right people to change that locker room.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The caps must add a true leader, someone in the richards, callahan, brown, bergie mold.  I think a Ott would help them greatly.  A Matt Greene on the back end.  

The complete culture has to change.  Its gonna start at the top next year i think.  New GM, new Coach who will bring in the right people to change that locker room.  

[/QUOTE]

The Caps do need a true leader,something they haven't had since Hunter(as a player), Callahan being a free agent might be had and it would be a good start.Stripping Ovi of the "C" might cause some problems but the Caps might have to go down that road,Ovi just isn't the type of player you want setting an example for the younger players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Oates is done as is McPhee.  It will be a complete restructure.  Oates is a fine special teams coach but a Hitchcock or someone along those lines is needed.   they always stay clear of experienced coaches and hire newbies.  

As for Ovie, he just isnt a good captain.  And the thing thats more obvious is they have no one that can grab him and pull him along.  Washington hasnt had a true leader on that team in a while.  They need a guy that can take over the room and show them the right way.  Or they need young players like Wilson to make this happen.  Their top prospects are Kuznetsov and Burakovsky.  Both high skill high end top 6 guys.  also come with personality issues.  Who leads them?  Who shows them the right way.   Its not gonna be ovie, backstrom green.   

[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that Mark Recchi wants to coach or be a GM. I think he needs to be an assistant somewhere first, but he certainly knows what it takes to be a winner. There really isn't any high end candidates available right now. It may end up being someone from the JR, or college ranks that comes in. They need someone to literially beat the living the P!zz outta a few guys. I love Troy Brouwer, but when he's your best all around player on the team it's on hard times for sure. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Signing rfa Ryan oreilly would be a great move for the caps in the off season

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Caps do need a true leader,something they haven't had since Hunter(as a player), Callahan being a free agent might be had and it would be a good start.Stripping Ovi of the "C" might cause some problems but the Caps might have to go down that road,Ovi just isn't the type of player you want setting an example for the younger players.

[/QUOTE]

as long as the player they bring in isnt scared of ovie they will be fine.  The caps have a very deep RW.  Best in the NHL.  So unless Ovi switches back to left wing i dont see it happening with Callahan.  Ovie, Brouwer, Ward, Wilson.  Thats some excellent production from the RW.  

Here are 3 guys i think that immediately help the cause.   

Ott as 3rd line Center.  No one fears the Caps.  Its a push over game.  Hendricks should have been kept.  But Ott has more skill, more sandpaper then Hendricks.  The Caps were looking at trading for him prior to deadline day.  

Willie mitchell and Robidas.  Both solid, physical dmen who could be paired with Green and Orlov.  Gives you a 6 of Alzner-Carlson, Green-Mitchell and Robidas-Orlov.  The caps defense is so soft.  San posted it.  Its brutal.    

The people they bring in have to be similar to this.  they still have a boat load of young core talent plus 2 stud fwds in Kuz and the swede.   They need the right leaders.  i love ovi, but he doesnt offer that.  The entire league and fans look at him in the same light as Kessel.  

The culture has to change

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he would be.  And the caps have space on the cap to make this kinda move.  He would be the 2nd line center they so badly need.   

Great thought.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that Mark Recchi wants to coach or be a GM. I think he needs to be an assistant somewhere first, but he certainly knows what it takes to be a winner. There really isn't any high end candidates available right now. It may end up being someone from the JR, or college ranks that comes in. They need someone to literially beat the living the P!zz outta a few guys. I love Troy Brouwer, but when he's your best all around player on the team it's on hard times for sure. 

[/QUOTE]

There still are some coaches out there.  Stevens, Laviolette(sp) and there are guys that will be fired if their teams fail.   I like Rechhi, i think Tockett gets back in the game of coaching as well.  I guess Travis Green is another young coach trying to crack a job.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

There still are some coaches out there.  Stevens, Laviolette(sp) and there are guys that will be fired if their teams fail.   I like Rechhi, i think Tockett gets back in the game of coaching as well.  I guess Travis Green is another young coach trying to crack a job.  

[/QUOTE]
    Tocchet! Now there's someone who wouldn't have a problem grabbing Ovie by the throat! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

as long as the player they bring in isnt scared of ovie they will be fine.  The caps have a very deep RW.  Best in the NHL.  So unless Ovi switches back to left wing i dont see it happening with Callahan.  Ovie, Brouwer, Ward, Wilson.  Thats some excellent production from the RW.  

Here are 3 guys i think that immediately help the cause.   

Ott as 3rd line Center.  No one fears the Caps.  Its a push over game.  Hendricks should have been kept.  But Ott has more skill, more sandpaper then Hendricks.  The Caps were looking at trading for him prior to deadline day.  

Willie mitchell and Robidas.  Both solid, physical dmen who could be paired with Green and Orlov.  Gives you a 6 of Alzner-Carlson, Green-Mitchell and Robidas-Orlov.  The caps defense is so soft.  San posted it.  Its brutal.    

The people they bring in have to be similar to this.  they still have a boat load of young core talent plus 2 stud fwds in Kuz and the swede.   They need the right leaders.  i love ovi, but he doesnt offer that.  The entire league and fans look at him in the same light as Kessel.  

The culture has to change

[/QUOTE]

Signing ott, giving up the first and third to sign oreilly, signing Boyle, and moving mike green would turn them into a quasi legit team in my eyes. Hopefully the combo of Ott oreilly and Boyle could whip ovechkin into shape.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he would be.  And the caps have space on the cap to make this kinda move.  He would be the 2nd line center they so badly need.   

Great thought.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about O'Reilly, he is a good young player with some offensive skill but he's not very gritty if thats what the Caps need,he's more like a Lady Byng candidate.Ott would help though and they could also make a deal with the B's for Miller or McQuad if they need a stay at home,tough d-man.