Ovechkin is a -31. Repeat -31!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Ovechkin is a -31. Repeat -31!

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

What system is in place in the history of the league has your best 2 players as -50+.  Oates can put a pp together.  His game plans of getting outshot each game can be controlled with a good system.  Realize that i am not a huge guy on the +/- stat.  But this is disgusting.  

they hired a passive personality to try and control a guy who is a coach killer.   I love ovi, defend him to death...but his play at even strength is terrible.   

i agree on the defense.   Completely agree.  

To be clear, I'm not saying Oates is a good coach or that he's doing a good job.

I'm saying that he's inherited a terribly constructed roster, including a horribly porous D, and he'll probably lose his very short window as head coach very soon.  

I know Hunter did better with a similar type of roster, short term.  I just think that Oates is pretty far down the line of things to point at when doing a 'blame line-up' in Washington.  And I think he'll be gone before he gets much of a chance to be a coach.

Yeah i agree with that.  Thing is the fwd crew is very solid minus a true number 2 center.  They have never had this.  Like kelv said they need a kelser in that lineup.  Or an ott like i mentioned.  They need something for other teams to focus on.  

And man that defense is so soft.  They need someone to scare others players when they cross the blue.  Which is also other teams have to concern themselves with.  

Teams know all they need to do is shut down ovie then its lights out.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You know what they need?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You know what they need?

Haha.  He is exactly the leader they need.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

6.728 million for that kind of compensation this year nas, it will be a higher aav next year, probably over 7 mill. I dont see oreilly getting 7+. I don't want washington to get better, I was having a discussion as to what it would take.

A team that needs a great young player could use O'Reilly.  Considering the cap space some have (come on Florida!), it would make sense to offer a player like O'Reilly that money.

Yes, $6.7 not $6.2.  My error.

i agree. The market is flooded with high contracts for goal scorers but I think all around producers like oreilly and Bergeron are more valuable sometimes. Ps how freaking awesome is bergerons cap hit looking right about now?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Maybe you've heard of them maybe not

Gretzky and messier (arguably the best 2 way player ever) 

Both were -25 years they didn't make playoffs. They were both to blame

Oh I know " different time" 

Autononsense

[/QUOTE]

Just wondering if you'd like to have Scotty beam you back to the present day so you can comment on the zero points in the month of March during 5 on 5 play.

Yes.........let's blame the rest of the Caps players for that.

Autostupid.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Maybe you've heard of them maybe not

Gretzky and messier (arguably the best 2 way player ever) 

Both were -25 years they didn't make playoffs. They were both to blame

Oh I know " different time" 

Autononsense

Just wondering if you'd like to have Scotty beam you back to the present day so you can comment on the zero points in the month of March during 5 on 5 play.

Yes.........let's blame the rest of the Caps players for that.

Autostupid.

Correct as always. ... don't judge him on years of playoff scoring. Use the month of march as the cue to evaluate  his career.

Hey btw.. what u think about Seg trade?

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Correct as always. ... don't judge him on years of playoff scoring. Use the month of march as the cue to evaluate  his career.

Me bringing up Ovie's one month of putrid play to evaluate his career ? ( really stupid comment by you ) ...........or just asking you to comment on it. 

That's okay.........I understand you have no comment regarding the autocup player's performance. What can you say to defend it ? No need to answer.

As a supporter of the thinking that team success ( Bruins ) holds more value then individual statistics ( Seguin ).....................great trade for the Bruins.

They are a deeper team full of 3 zone players ( which I like better then the flash, dash and disappear types ) that can roll 4 solid lines ..................... compared to last year's version of the Bruins.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What system is in place in the history of the league has your best 2 players as -50+.  Oates can put a pp together.  His game plans of getting outshot each game can be controlled with a good system.  Realize that i am not a huge guy on the +/- stat.  But this is disgusting.  

they hired a passive personality to try and control a guy who is a coach killer.   I love ovi, defend him to death...but his play at even strength is terrible.   

i agree on the defense.   Completely agree. 

To be clear, I'm not saying Oates is a good coach or that he's doing a good job.

I'm saying that he's inherited a terribly constructed roster, including a horribly porous D, and he'll probably lose his very short window as head coach very soon.  

I know Hunter did better with a similar type of roster, short term.  I just think that Oates is pretty far down the line of things to point at when doing a 'blame line-up' in Washington.  And I think he'll be gone before he gets much of a chance to be a coach.

Oates doesn't have, defenseman depth, like Hamrlik, Wideman and Schultz compared to what they have now. Along with not having a scorer like Semin that Hunter had.

Oates also isn't going to install a hybrid-trap that Hunter did. The groceries in Washington is cr@p.

•  

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Me bringing up Ovie's one month of putrid play to evaluate his career ? ( really stupid comment by you ) ...........or just asking you to comment on it. 

That's okay.........I understand you have no comment regarding the autocup player's performance. What can you say to defend it ? No need to answer.

As a supporter of the thinking that team success ( Bruins ) holds more value then individual statistics ( Seguin ).....................great trade for the Bruins.

They are a deeper team full of 3 zone players ( which I like better then the flash, dash and disappear types ) that can roll 4 solid lines ..................... compared to last year's version of the Bruins.  

Well u have to admit not easy getting a straight answer fRom u

So what are u saying does ovie sux or not and if so because of his " putrid"  march play then thats just plain dumb. The guy has been an excellent playoff performer on a team that's full of holes.  Take him  out of there for a full season next year  and wash are in the running for Mc david

As far as Seg...seeing that the bruins are in first place and on fire its harder to crticize. However last year they went to the finals.  Now since march is important without searching-  seg has been very productive but more importantly he's giving dallas a realistic shot at  something they haven't made in years. .... the playoffs.  I know its nothing to do with seg its all coincidence.  

Balanced scoring... loui has a measley 8 goals he's been awful and if he doesn't get it going the only zone he should be in is in the press gallery. I'm sure its what exactly chia expected from him

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Balanced scoring... loui has a measley 8 goals he's been awful and if he doesn't get it going the only zone he should be in is in the press gallery. I'm sure its what exactly he chia expected from him

Marco,

What is your deal?  Are you truly this freakin' stupid or are you simply trying to make people think you are this stupid for some unknown reason?

Erikkson has suffered two concussions this year.  We're lucky he's on the ice at all.  Go review Bergeron's games after his concussion.  Loui Eriksson is an amazing hockey player.

And when it comes down to your love for the drunk and the lardass, hear this:  The goal of the team is to win as many games as possible.  They traded Kessel and won the Cup.  They traded Seguin and have the best record in hockey.  For Christsakes. 

I hope that you are just fooling around this with love for those two and your equal disdain for Eriksson.  If not, you must be slower on the draw than Stanley and you shouldn't be using the internet without adult supervision.

Balanced scoring... loui has a measley 8 goals he's been awful and if he doesn't get it going the only zone he should be in is in the press gallery. I'm sure its what exactly he chia expected from him

Marco,

What is your deal?  Are you truly this freakin' stupid or are you simply trying to make people think you are this stupid for some unknown reason?

Erikkson has suffered two concussions this year.  We're lucky he's on the ice at all.  Go review Bergeron's games after his concussion.  Loui Eriksson is an amazing hockey player.

And when it comes down to your love for the drunk and the lardass, hear this:  The goal of the team is to win as many games as possible.  They traded Kessel and won the Cup.  They traded Seguin and have the best record in hockey.  For Christsakes. 

I hope that you are just fooling around this with love for those two and your equal disdain for Eriksson.  If not, you must be slower on the draw than Stanley and you shouldn't be using the internet without adult supervision.

Give it up. U hate seg no way u can be objective.  Erickson concussion .. he' s cleared to play. What will it take 2 yrs of recovery. This is not a berg type concussion

Now I realize that u need to use the same term that chow use to mend the turmoil but if u think this is a good trade ... you are not thinking clearly and much of it stems  from ur hatred of seg. I'm not hearing anything remote ly negative of his off ice behaviour... must be something in the air in boston

The bruins could have gotten cooke for seg and u actually would have found it in urself to accept trade. They are in first place though but not because of loui my friend.... big contributor Soderberg.. the diamiond in the rough

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I'm not hearing anything remote ly negative of his off ice behaviour... must be something in the air in boston

The trade from Boston was a BIG wakeup call,the B's were not willing to wait for "Sequins" to grow up,they are built to win now and need the attitude to match.You're not hearing anything out of Dallas because i think he got the message,playing in the NHL is a privilege,not a right.I hope he has a good career in Dallas,but i'm happy with the haul the B's got in return,you should too or  buy yourself a Stars jersey and live it up.

On a side note,Ovechkin is only the second player since the +/- stat came into the league in the 67'68 season to lead the league in goals and have the worst +/- in the league for any player with a +/- over -14.Rick Nash was a -35 & 41 goals scored in 03/04. 

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I'm not hearing anything remote ly negative of his off ice behaviour... must be something in the air in boston

The trade from Boston was a BIG wakeup call,the B's were not willing to wait for "Sequins" to grow up,they are built to win now and need the attitude to match.You're not hearing anything out of Dallas because i think he got the message,playing in the NHL is a privilege,not a right.I hope he has a good career in Dallas,but i'm happy with the haul the B's got in return,you should too or  buy yourself a Stars jersey and live it up.

50 I Don't need to accept every move the bruins make.  That's what is referred to as a homer. In my younger days yes but today If I'm not in accordance then I w ont bury it because its the way of clique. Remember

Players gms etc come and go but we are always here.  So if mentioning Seg is hurtful or some choose to hide reality that's not my problem.  Its come to the point where talkibg about Seg is Bdc bruin forum 

censored    

Btw.. on another note.  I understand ur hatred for mtl but why Vanc

50 I Don't need to accept every move the bruins make.  That's what is referred to as a homer. In my younger days yes but today If I'm not in accordance then I w ont bury it because its the way of clique. Remember

Players gms etc come and go but we are always here.  So if mentioning Seg is hurtful or some choose to hide reality that's not my problem.  Its come to the point where talkibg about Seg is Bdc bruin forum 

censored    

I live in their neck of the woods and believe me thay are insufferable. Victim mentality as a franchise and its seeped into their fanbase.Its always someone elses fault,the Refs,Bettman,the league wants US teams to win.Never any accountability that maybe their team isn't good enough.If you listen to them talk you would think their team has won 10 Cups.Its just a little hard to take after awhile.

censored    

I live in their neck of the woods and believe me thay are insufferable. Victim mentality as a franchise and its seeped into their fanbase.Its always someone elses fault,the Refs,Bettman,the league wants US teams to win.Never any accountability that maybe their team isn't good enough.If you listen to them talk you would think their team has won 10 Cups.Its just a little hard to take after awhile.

I get it sounds like massive insecurity on their part. I don't live there so I can't know but I have to tell u I feel little pity for them in that they gave us the best bruin forward of all time And a good solId dman. If that' wasn't enough We gave them hope in the finals and we killed it.  You may not believe me but even being down 2 games I didn't feel we were toast vs mtl was a different story though

On a side note,Ovechkin is only the second player since the +/- stat came into the league in the 67'68 season to lead the league in goals and have the worst +/- in the league for any player with a +/- over -14.Rick Nash was a -35 & 41 goals scored in 03/04.

Man Nash is going to be so happy for Ovechkin.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Man Nash is going to be so happy for Ovechkin.

I think Nash should be in attendance for that one.

After tonights game Ovi has 49 gls and is a -35, the race is on and Rick is watching.

Your point on Bergeron drops the hammer on any post-concussion criticism of Eriksson. Bergeron had 8 goals with 39 points in 2009. You have to be a complete moron to continue to think or mention Eriksson as a failure after what he went through. 

But you know Bergeron should have been traded because he was to slow to recover. 

Oh What I need to hear the sickening apologists already setting up the table of excuses.  Either that or u go to arms length to disagree with me.  Berg missed almost 100 games u get that.  The guy had a brace his eyes were bloodshot. I thought he may never come back.  The fact that One compares that to berg is just s sickening ludricuos excuse maker. 

. One of my friends kid 14 yrs old had 3 concussions happened between lacrosse and hockey.  I took him to the doctor the third one was more Serious. He missed 2 months  after second and around 3 months after the third. .. when he went back to play and was cleared  got right in it. When these guys are cleared and ready to play means they're ready from a doctors perspective. U think doctors especially surrounding the bruins  are going to take a chance ... ur out of ur mind.  If he's experiencing any symptom at all he would say it . So get off these stupid homer excuses that makes u look like One with the inability to accept that loui has been a bust so far. 

Now if loui has a fear of getting hit since that concussion then trade him or get him one miracle working hypnotist because he'll never recover otherwise

Are steve and book related?   

Ovie is a career + 51 including this yrs terrible +/- stat.   Ovie should take some heat over these numbers.  But i will take the goals over the +/- stat anyday.   

Where were all you terds when i said ovie should be booed for hos efforts after the first few games of the olympics.   i think hes a terrible captain.  They should offer up a sweet bounty and attempt to get mike richards.  

I can agree with this. Ovie may not have the total leadership qualities but this guy is a scoring beast. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Are steve and book related?   

Ovie is a career + 51 including this yrs terrible +/- stat.   Ovie should take some heat over these numbers.  But i will take the goals over the +/- stat anyday.   

Where were all you terds when i said ovie should be booed for hos efforts after the first few games of the olympics.   i think hes a terrible captain.  They should offer up a sweet bounty and attempt to get mike richards.  

I can agree with this. Ovie may not have the total leadership qualities but this guy is a scoring beast. 

He is a scoring beast....unless of course his team really needs him to score

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Of course he's a "scoring beast'.  Who in their right mind would ever argue that?  No one here has ever suggested otherwise.

• Sections
    Shortcuts