Ovechkin: Many players may not return to NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Ovechkin: Many players may not return to NHL

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty hard not to since I live in Vancouver. The cheapest tickets are north of $100 and sell out almost immeadetly. If you are not lucky enough to get one, you have to buy scalper tickets which can easily be $200 for a not so good seat. I was lucky enough to travel to Boston this year and did get tickets to a couple games for under $100 and had good seats. Just wish I could be there more often.

[/QUOTE]
    Rufus there are at least three other options for decent hockey at reasonable prices. You have the Giants out here in East Van - I picked up season tickets for the price of three Canucks games. Depending where you are, the Abbotsford Heat field a decent AHL team if it's not too far from you. The Thunderbirds at UBC are solid and very affordable, and in a few months SFU is getting a promotion to the NCAA, though they won't start playing division 1 until next year. There's also BCHL teams in Surrey, Coquitlam and Langley, and  PIHL teams in Abbottsford, Richmond and North Van. Plenty of good hockey options beyond the Canucks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also, I just hope their hockey team does better in the NCAA than their football team, the SFU Clan have yet to win a game in the NCAA, and that's just division II.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I love Ovie but he will be in the minority.  Tax free money in Russia is nice but when you have a 100million dollar contract you better get your hiny back to the NHL. 

Thank god for the NFL. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rufus there are at least three other options for decent hockey at reasonable prices. You have the Giants out here in East Van - I picked up season tickets for the price of three Canucks games. Depending where you are, the Abbotsford Heat field a decent AHL team if it's not too far from you. The Thunderbirds at UBC are solid and very affordable, and in a few months SFU is getting a promotion to the NCAA, though they won't start playing division 1 until next year. There's also BCHL teams in Surrey, Coquitlam and Langley, and  PIHL teams in Abbottsford, Richmond and North Van. Plenty of good hockey options beyond the Canucks.

[/QUOTE]

When the NHL is available, only the AHL is understandably a quality replacement.  The rest is well below average.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Agreed, but we're trying to look at options when the NHL is UNavailable. There's a lot of competitive hockey in Vancouver beyond the NHL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I will get to some Hockey East games. BC, BU, UNH, UMass (both Amherst and Lowell), Maine, PC, etc. There's some decent hockey there. 3 AHL cities within easy driving distance. So I will get my hockey fix but I will definitely miss the Bruins and the NHL in general.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The best hockey for me will be when my 4 year old laces em up and puts his tasa ducks jersey on.  It gets fun again the month of October.  Shuperman II takes flight in October.  If he gets my size(he's already big) and his mothers temper he will be in the show...haha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Rats...Jimmy D  left the gate open.Thats one way to weed out the herd.Thank God  Ovie is the one wearing the cow bell it will come back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty hard not to since I live in Vancouver. The cheapest tickets are north of $100 and sell out almost immeadetly. If you are not lucky enough to get one, you have to buy scalper tickets which can easily be $200 for a not so good seat. I was lucky enough to travel to Boston this year and did get tickets to a couple games for under $100 and had good seats. Just wish I could be there more often.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get that there is other i options to watch hockey, and I do watch them.  I watch the abbotsford heat quite a bit even when we do have NHL hockey as well as catch the odd Chilliwack Chief game (I live in the valley), but it is nowhere close to watching the bruins come to town obviously. My point is when I pay an inflated price for a ticket like $200, which i do from time to time, it is to see the best players in the world. I am not expecting those type of players in the AHL, WHL or any other leagues beneath the NHL