Ovechkin: Many players may not return to NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ovechkin: Many players may not return to NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405665

Makes sense, the < 300k contracts in Europe should be enough to keep them, rather than losing ~15% of their multi million dollar contracts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ovechkin: Many players may not return to NHL

For Jacobs he won't care. The Czech, Swiss, German nor Swedish leagues pay as well as the KHL.

"Told yah Peter stay away from those Russian players ha ha. Where's my Mr. Burns costume ?".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I used to love how Oviue played the game & the passion he showed. Showed how much fun he was having. Kolzig was bang on the money with this quote.

" and maybe not get wrapped up too much in the rock star status that comes with being Alex Ovechkin."

I actually hope he doesn't come back, because his attitude totally stinks & the game doesn't need any more of these morons! Go to Europe & stay there & keep anyone else with your attitude with you! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Just a media spike, yawn. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

there goes the whole monopoly thing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If anyone of them want to go play elsewhere, I hope they enjoy it.  I won't miss one single player.   If half of them want to go play elsewhere, I really don't care.  How is my enjoyment of an NHL game going to change if Ovechkin is in Minsk?  It won't at all.

Surely this is just a gimmick, but if it were true, I'd barely notice.  You want the league that is available to you.  Some of you will say, "No way, NAS.  I only want to watch the best."  Let me tell you this:  AHL hockey is fun and exciting.  I have been a season ticket holder in a few different cities and have enjoyed the heck out of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep.  If you're a hockey fan, well, no NHL doesn't mean winter isn't coming.  OHL starts tonight.  AHL is good hockey.  Even CIS hockey is good hockey, though they usually have the guys who didn't bother grinding out a living in the minors or second tier European leagues after their junior careers or brief pro stints ended.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Although Im not a big fan of Ovechkin, I still hope he returns.  When I pay $200+ a ticket I would like to watch the best players in the world, and Ovechkin is one of them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Although Im not a big fan of Ovechkin, I still hope he returns.  When I pay $200+ a ticket I would like to watch the best players in the world, and Ovechkin is one of them. 

[/QUOTE]

Solution:  Don't buy $200 tickets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Pretty hard not to since I live in Vancouver. The cheapest tickets are north of $100 and sell out almost immeadetly. If you are not lucky enough to get one, you have to buy scalper tickets which can easily be $200 for a not so good seat. I was lucky enough to travel to Boston this year and did get tickets to a couple games for under $100 and had good seats. Just wish I could be there more often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty hard not to since I live in Vancouver. The cheapest tickets are north of $100 and sell out almost immeadetly. If you are not lucky enough to get one, you have to buy scalper tickets which can easily be $200 for a not so good seat. I was lucky enough to travel to Boston this year and did get tickets to a couple games for under $100 and had good seats. Just wish I could be there more often.

[/QUOTE]

If you are paying for a ticket in Vancouver, you are not seeing the best hockey players in the world.  You are seeing the best divers maybe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

haha, I agree. Actually the only time I am paying to see a game in Vancouver is when Boston comes to town. Last year they did not play in Vancouver, hence the trip to Boston for a couple games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the day a deal is reached Ovie will be on the first flight out of Russia....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A monopoly is where one corporation owns an entire business field.  In North America, the NHL controls the professional hockey business.  It may not be a monopoly but it is an oligopoly, several owners using the NHL to control a field of business.  BTW Ovechkin would be violating his contract if he decided to stay in Russia, an agreement between two oligopolies in two countries.   So if the word monopoly is incorrect then is clarified by using oligopoly.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup. In fact, once he hears a deal is close to being reached he'll be on the first red eye out of there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Empty talk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Empty post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Think he'll make it...?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yeah those players sure stayed away in droves after the last lockout ended.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

These players need to create as much leverage as possible.  The only way to do this is by going elsewhere to play and use verbal threats of not returning.  One big game of chess.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Regardless of whether this is just talk or not. I wouldn't miss him if he didn't. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

This whole thing is irritating, because the last lockout caused me to become uniterested in hockey and the NHL. I hated the shortened season as well. If they miss this year, then I may come back as a fan, but it could be a while. The whole just leaves me irritated and turned off by the whole thing.

It really just hurts the momentum the NHL had. And when you are the least watched of all professional sports by the public, this lockout doesnt help boost the ratings. People who were on the edge wont give 2 shets about it, but they may have, if we had a season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Questioning the stellar safety record of the Russian flight industry? Nearly 80% of their flights last year reached their destination without incident. Nearly half reached their intended destination and well north of 10% were on time. I bet you feel silly now, huh? :P

Think he'll make it...?

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i just hope that when all this nonsense is settled that as many fans as possible stay away and only watch the games on tv....

another benefit from this will be the money saved on the cost of beer and snacks!....

time for the "best fans in sports" to send the nhl a message....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These players need to create as much leverage as possible.  The only way to do this is by going elsewhere to play and use verbal threats of not returning.  One big game of chess.

[/QUOTE]

Because the owners are stupid enough to believe them. The players will go where the money is.