1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Ovechkkin hit on Subban

I love it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Subban looked like a human helicopter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Let me know when the hit comes....that was nothing more than a back flip !!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Most hated?
    On what basis? He didn't seem all that hated at the All Star weekend, Skinner and Boyle liked him and half the team was laughing themselves silly at his and Skinners jersey switch.

In Response to Ovechkkin hit on Subban:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fp_Hg9z2rc Subban is definately one of the most hated players in the NHL
    Posted by Tuckerw3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: Ovechkkin hit on Subban:
    Most hated? On what basis? He didn't seem all that hated at the All Star weekend, Skinner and Boyle liked him and half the team was laughing themselves silly at his and Skinners jersey switch. In Response to Ovechkkin hit on Subban :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Right because the allstar is a good example of when player are liked or not?  he is an agitator and extremely disliked.  Ovechkin seemed to like him at the allstar game but not in that hit where he tackled him after.  Subban is a Pu$sy who talks and doesn't back up his talking.  He picks his fights with scorers and non fighters but refuses to mix it up with someone who could do him any damage

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I wouldn't mind having him on the Bruins he hits, he's a sniper, he's calm with the puck, very mobile and only just begun. As far as the hit yes he is a bit of a target because he's mouthy as is Marchand and he looks to hit that also makes him a target as well. All in all fun to watch just wearing the wrong uniform is all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I wouldn't mind having him on the Bruins he hits, he's a sniper, he's calm with the puck, very mobile and only just begun. As far as the hit yes he is a bit of a target because he's mouthy as is Marchand and he looks to hit that also makes him a target as well. All in all fun to watch just wearing the wrong uniform is all.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You say he's mouthy like Marchand  but I haven't heartd ANY complaints from players regarding Marchand this season whereas Subban has been a recurring theme this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The person who complained about Subban loudest is Richards. And while Richards is highly talented... he's also an female canine and would be greatly annoyed at anyone one-upping him in trash talk.

I'll take Subban any day. I wonder if we can trade him for Boychuck?

In Response to Re: Ovechkkin hit on Subban : You say he's mouthy like Marchand  but I haven't heartd ANY complaints from players regarding Marchand this season whereas Subban has been a recurring theme this season.
    Posted by dezaruchi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's actually been pretty much continuous for Subban, not just from Richards.  From players to media to fans to his own coaches he is being criticized, despite his obvious talent.  He's cocky, brash, and he doesn't back it up much physically.  Most of all he's a rookie, that hasn't earned anyone's respect just yet. 

A lot of those traits are good for a hockey player and will serve him well.  But in the short term, expect more players going out of their way to hit him.  If you don't believe that is happening now...watch the video again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Ovechkkin hit on Subban : You say he's mouthy like Marchand  but I haven't heartd ANY complaints from players regarding Marchand this season whereas Subban has been a recurring theme this season. Posted by dezaruchi

You haven't heard any complaints on the internet or through interviews regarding Marchand ? Ok so that doesn't mean there haven't been any in the locker room. I have a feeling eventually there will just as much for both not because I think their  dirty but because they both get under players skins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I said it on another thread and will repeat it her:

I was switching back and forth and only saw when Subban went back after Ovy, now I know why.  At first I thought it was Subban trying to get under Ovy's skin but it turns out he didn't like the hit.  I'm okay with that.
    I also heard the Cap bandwagon fans booing Subban,  were they watching the Philly game  and thought it was fun to do so ? 
    Bottom line PK had the last laugh as the Caps choked , again !  The last 40mins of this game was all Montreal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Wasn't much of a hit, he tried to go over to absorb the hit and got dumped. Certainly wasn't a bone cruncher ('cept for Subban and the ice).

Still...it was sweet.

"shut yer yap, rookie"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

leads the rookies 28 penalties, and wusses out every time time he's asked to ring the bell, and for those who claim he has fought..."slipping" in the first 3 seconds of a fight is not fighting. who would want this guy on their team? defenseman are supposed to be tough, this guy is not tough 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Actually, that is an unbeleivable job by Subban to avoid the brunt of the hit.
    Say what you want about Subban but if here were wearing black n gold you'd be wearing his shirt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Most hated? On what basis? He didn't seem all that hated at the All Star weekend, Skinner and Boyle liked him and half the team was laughing themselves silly at his and Skinners jersey switch. In Response to Ovechkkin hit on Subban :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

You might want to do some research on this one before continuing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Actually, that is an unbeleivable job by Subban to avoid the brunt of the hit. Say what you want about Subban but if here were wearing black n gold you'd be wearing his shirt.
    Posted by kelvana33

What?  He couldn't possibly have taken that hit any worse than he did.  By trying to hit up high while Ovie went low, he ended up flying upside down.  No shield and he would have busted his face open.  Hitting body on body is a lot better than hitting head on ice.  To be fair I don't think there was much he could have done with Ovie setting him up like that.

And no, I would not wear his shirt if he was a Bruin.  Plenty of Bruins players I never rooted for because I didn't like the way they played.  Its a personal perference and I don't like the way he plays.  I know he's good, I know some people like him; not me. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Most hated?
    On what basis? He didn't seem all that hated at the All Star weekend, Skinner and Boyle liked him and half the team was laughing themselves silly at his and Skinners jersey switch.

Yea that proves a lot! Like when Letang gave Ovie his stick to shoot? That means Letang likes Ovie now compared to when he said he didn't like Ovie last season!
    Or when Ovie borrowed things from Malkin in 09 means that he & Malkin are best friends now!

It's no secret that Punk. Kid. is one of the most hated in the league! Even his own teammates have a problem with him. If you can't see that then you haven't been paying attention to the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

i honestly thikn he is a player you hate to play but you love to have

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Are you kidding, had he not jumped he would have gotten absolutley flatttened. He flipped over because he jumped. Like I said great job avoiding the hit, just proves his athletic ability. This kid may have some maturity issues but he is oozing with talent. Name another d-man his age with his ability the last decade. If he were a Bruin he'd be there second best d-man and best offensive d-man. I'm not sure what you people hate more, the color of his skin or sweater. He's a stud.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

bandgbleeder :

Players were not laughing at what he did....they were laughing at him...the guy is just a CLOWN ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Holy crap..you were there? You were on the ice? You know for a fact the players were laughing at him?

Cause from where I watched it, It sure looked like they were getting a kick out of him. Were they laughing at Ovechkin a couple years ago when Malkin dressed him up in a hat and shades and he went down with two sticks..Is he a clown?No, he has flair and charisma, Subban may be young and immature but he has both...Somthinmg the NHL needs and should embrace if you ask me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GoVRb6tBWw

The kid is a complete joke. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Are you kidding, had he not jumped he would have gotten absolutley flatttened. He flipped over because he jumped. Like I said great job avoiding the hit, just proves his athletic ability. This kid may have some maturity issues but he is oozing with talent. Name another d-man his age with his ability the last decade. If he were a Bruin he'd be there second best d-man and best offensive d-man. I'm not sure what you people hate more, the color of his skin or sweater. He's a stud.
    Posted by kelvana33

Look kelvana, all I know is I winced watching the guy fly into the air and land on his forehead on the ice.  He could have been badly hurt.  Any player would way, way rather get hit body to body than have their head driven into the ice like that.  It was the worst way possible to take the hit.  Nothing "athletic" about it, he though Ovie was taking the body, when Ovie went low, Subban went flying upside down.  Not his fault, but he's lucky he's okay.

I know you have a soft spot for the Habs, but c'mon, call a spade a spade.

And honestly, accusing people here of being racist for not cheering for Subban is way, way below the belt.  You should apologize for that -- total BS comment.  One of the first times I've actually been offended by a comment on these boards.  Don't be throwing sh!t like that around, just because people don't like Subban.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

spade aint racist at all.

And this is a jike at P.K answered the bell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmkVyPN01s

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

pretty sure P.K didn't hide behind the ref either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmkVyPN01s

Sections
Shortcuts