Overperforming / Underperforming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Overperforming / Underperforming

I figured I'd combine all the bashing and praising threads into one...

So who do you think is overperforming and underperforming right now?

My overperformers are: Marchand (never thought he'd lead this team in goals) and Kelly (I have know idea what has gotten into him, but keep it up!)

My underperformers are: Horton (lingering effects from severe concussion and/or not shooting enough?) and Krejci (a team low -3?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Re: Overperforming / Underperforming

As long as this team keeps winning I could not care. People need to look at more then stats and look at other parts of the game. Horton might not be shooting alot BUT he might be playing better defense or other things. Krejci is -3. Really??? This is an issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming:
    As long as this team keeps winning I could not care. People need to look at more then stats and look at other parts of the game. Horton might not be shooting alot BUT he might be playing better defense or other things. Krejci is -3. Really??? This is an issue.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975

Horton is playing better defense?  Him (-1), Krejci (-3) and Lucic (+1) have the worst +/- on the team.  It's gotta be hard to be a minus player when the team as a whole is +56.  This entire line is underperforming.

The rest of the team, IMO, is overperforming.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

scary for the rest of the league when the #1 line starts playing as expected....

imagine this B'S machine running on all cylinders?.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Over performing? Nobody thought TT would dupiclate last yrs season. He isn't, he's better. A lot of people thought Rask wouldn't be able to development playing behind TT this much (I was one) he's over performing as well. IMO- The 1st line isn't under performing that much that we need to nick pick. There's nothing negative about this hockey team at all right now. PP is better. PK is better. New guys step in for injuries & play well! We got basically write -offs coming in (Hamil) as an example stepping into the first line & looking good. Total BUST (Pouliet) coming in scoring 4 game winners & making hi-light reel goals! Why there's ANY mention of underperforming at all is total BS & hog wash! Merry Christmas!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Seriously...Who really cares about the first line not doing as well as the other lines. All that says is this team is stacked and doesnt need to rely on one line. Besides....players and lines always go through droughts. When the team wins 8-0, the last thing on my mind is stats and who put up what. The majority of you guys on here, put to much emphasis on the stupid stuff, just to gripe....

Sure, those guys know they arent playing as well as they can, but when other guys step up, it takes the pressure off. And that is a good thing to deal with.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : Horton is playing better defense?  Him (-1), Krejci (-3) and Lucic (+1) have the worst +/- on the team.  It's gotta be hard to be a minus player when the team as a whole is +56.  This entire line is underperforming. The rest of the team, IMO, is overperforming.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

If your entire argument is based on +/-, you have no argument.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In response to "Re: Overperforming / Underperforming":
    In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : If your entire argument is based on +/-, you have no argument. Posted by Not-A-Shot
    And clearly, neither do you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In response to "Re: Overperforming / Underperforming": And clearly, neither do you.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

His argument stands out a lot better than yours does at this time bud!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : His argument stands out a lot better than yours does at this time bud! Posted by nitemare-38
    Alright. How about this for an argument? They are considered the "top line" and do not have top line numbers. And two of them are minus players on a team that has the best overall +/- in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to "Re: Overperforming / Underperforming": And clearly, neither do you.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

Lucic is fourth on the team in scoring and has been banging bodies all season long.  He's on pace for his highest career point total.

Tell me how his +/- means anything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

My point being, if you are going to criticize my post, please state your opinion on the matter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My point being, if you are going to criticize my post, please state your opinion on the matter.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

I thought it was clear.  Sorry.

I'll try again.

+/- is an incredibly stupid stat which tells nothing about a player.  If you are using that stat as the basis for your argument, you have no argument at all and should refrain from posting about it.

Does that help?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : I thought it was clear.  Sorry. I'll try again. +/- is an incredibly stupid stat which tells nothing about a player.  If you are using that stat as the basis for your argument, you have no argument at all and should refrain from posting about it. Does that help? Posted by Not-A-Shot
    No. I'd rather know who you think is overperforming and underperforming. That's what the thread is about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to "Re: Overperforming / Underperforming": No. I'd rather know who you think is overperforming and underperforming. That's what the thread is about.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

Underperforming?  The team in ON FIRE.  They couldn't be playing better.  Even the goon isn't hurting the them these days.  They are people, so they can't be perfect, so I don't know what else you would like for them to do.

I don't see anyone overperforming.  I think they're all playing to their best ability.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : Underperforming?  The team in ON FIRE.  They couldn't be playing better.  Even the goon isn't hurting the them these days.  They are people, so they can't be perfect, so I don't know what else you would like for them to do. I don't see anyone overperforming.  I think they're all playing to their best ability. Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Really? Is this how you expected each and every player to perform?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to "Re: Overperforming / Underperforming": Really? Is this how you expected each and every player to perform?
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

Individually, yes.  I can't believe they are all doing it at the same time for almost every shift of the season, but I can't look at someone and think, "Wow, he's way ahead/behind of where I thought he'd be."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : Individually, yes.  I can't believe they are all doing it at the same time for almost every shift of the season, but I can't look at someone and think, "Wow, he's way ahead/behind of where I thought he'd be." Posted by Not-A-Shot
    That's fair. I am less than impressed with Krejci and Horton. And fine, Lucic has probably performed to his potential. But IMO, the first line as a whole hasn't been their best. I also agree that +/- is not always a reliable stat but there has to be something said about being a minus player on a team that is +56.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In response to "Re: Overperforming / Underperforming": That's fair. I am less than impressed with Krejci and Horton. And fine, Lucic has probably performed to his potential. But IMO, the first line as a whole hasn't been their best. I also agree that +/- is not always a reliable stat but there has to be something said about being a minus player on a team that is +56.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

Yea & there has to be something said about a fan who nick picks about a player who's -3 on a team that is in 2nd place in the league with 2 games in hand on the leader & only a point back on team that's +56. Has 9 20 pt getters (more than anyone), which includes the 2 minus players you're whining about. The Bruins have more goals than anyone & have allowed the least. They're 10th on the PP & 2nd on the PK! Yet you come on here whining about 2 players who are minus. 2 players who make this B's team MUCH better! Give it a rest!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : Yea & there has to be something said about a fan who nick picks about a player who's -3 on a team that is in 2nd place in the league with 2 games in hand on the leader & only a point back on team that's +56. Has 9 20 pt getters (more than anyone), which includes the 2 minus players you're whining about. The Bruins have more goals than anyone & have allowed the least. They're 10th on the PP & 2nd on the PK! Yet you come on here whining about 2 players who are minus. 2 players who make this B's team MUCH better! Give it a rest!
    Posted by nitemare-38

If you have something you'd like to say on the issue, feel free.  This thread is about overperforming and underperforming players so I stated an opinion.  Like you, I believe this is the best team in the league.  That said, players can still underperform.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : Yea & there has to be something said about a fan who nick picks about a player who's -3 on a team that is in 2nd place in the league with 2 games in hand on the leader & only a point back on team that's +56. Has 9 20 pt getters (more than anyone), which includes the 2 minus players you're whining about. The Bruins have more goals than anyone & have allowed the least. They're 10th on the PP & 2nd on the PK! Yet you come on here whining about 2 players who are minus. 2 players who make this B's team MUCH better! Give it a rest!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Did the title of the thread confuse you?  It's a discussion about who could be better and who is lighting it up.  If you don't wish to engage then don't read.  Nobody is whining, just discussing. 
    Also, NAS doesn't need a white knight to come in and save the day, he's quite capable of discussing things on his own.  Gawd, I'm going to start calling you "Chester".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-1S8Xxd94

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Out of 24 PP goals and 44 PP assists for the team, LKH line has a combined 9 PP goals and 10 PP assists. Lots of times, you'll see some premier players have bad +/- because lots of their goals come on the power play.....that's not the case with this line.

I do agree that +/- isn't always the best way to judge someone's play, but it's pretty telling when Seguin, Marchand and Bergeron have just as good (7 G's, 12 A's)  power play numbers, but significantly better +/- numbers. Sorry, but in this case, +/- is a pretty good indicator.

But who knows; maybe Horton/Krejci are still hurting? I'm not concerned, though. Something tells me that their line will catch fire pretty soon; it will be interesting to see what happens if the other lines are still clicking when they do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The +/- stat is relevant, but certainly not everything. Krejci and Horton got off to terrible starts, both probably because of injury.  Their scoring was way down, but have since taken off and since November they have been producing.  At the same time their +/- has significantly improved. I think at one point DK was -8 or -10, and now he is -3 which tells me the Bruins are playing better while he is on than they were before.  This is consistent with his increased scoring numbers. Right now I think his play is among the very best Bruins.  +/- may continue to be a bit of an issue with that line because I find CJ is matching them against top units more than the Bergeron line this year. I also think it's working great.  As far as the original post goes, I think Peverley, Kelly and Rask have exceeded what I thought they would do.  I thought they would all do well, but Peverley is playing like a first liner, I never thought Kelly could put up 30-goal numbers (pace for 29) and, while have always thought Rask is among the league-best goalies, he is putting up record-breaking stats.  I think all of them can thank Julien at least a little. Underperforming? I guess Horton, but even he's doing OK. It's hard to say someone is underperforming on a team that is playing at a level with the great teams of the past for 2 straight months.  Oh yeah, also overperforming: the B's new star, Zach Hamill!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : Did the title of the thread confuse you?  It's a discussion about who could be better and who is lighting it up.  If you don't wish to engage then don't read.  Nobody is whining, just discussing.  Also, NAS doesn't need a white knight to come in and save the day, he's quite capable of discussing things on his own.  Gawd, I'm going to start calling you "Chester". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-1S8Xxd94
    Posted by scooter244

As is 360 mouthpiece!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Overperforming / Underperforming : Did the title of the thread confuse you?  It's a discussion about who could be better and who is lighting it up.  If you don't wish to engage then don't read.  Nobody is whining, just discussing.  Also, NAS doesn't need a white knight to come in and save the day, he's quite capable of discussing things on his own.  Gawd, I'm going to start calling you "Chester". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-1S8Xxd94
    Posted by scooter244

The title is quite clear. When you have someone complaining about a guy's -3 on a team that's doing this well? It's called nit picking & whining! There's NO UNDER PERFORMING here, or do you not get that? I predicted DK to get 95 pys this yr. Do you see me tyoing how much of a disappointment he is? When someone can actually find something negative to talk about this team when given a choice? They're someone who nick picks! Someone who is NEVER satisified & someone who WHINES about the the tiniest thing!

Sections
Shortcuts