Ovie - 4 goals tonight, last one with 30 seconds left.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Ovie - 4 goals tonight, last one with 30 seconds left.

Personally I am happy to see him rolling along. Good for the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Re: Ovie - 4 goals tonight, last one with 30 seconds left.

bad for my proline haha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The Full Thorton.......couldn't resist.....   .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i hate ovechkin, but it probably is good for the game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

scoring almost a goal a game and he's a -10. he scored 4 goals and was even tonight. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

scoring almost a goal a game and he's a -10. he scored 4 goals and was even tonight. 

Yeah, it's his job to score goals.  Why would you care about his +/-?  It's awesome to watch the guy go to work.  Washington's defense is a joke.  That's not Ovechkin's fault.  With Mike Green leading the defensive zone lockdown, I can't imagine a guy in the league that may score more and have a better +/-.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

And some people wrote him off a year ago.......

And he only gets "slightly" excited when he scores. Man he has a wicked shot!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

And some people wrote him off a year ago.......

And he only gets "slightly" excited when he scores. Man he has a wicked shot!

What I've always liked about him is he can shhot it in full stride and doesnt seem to lose much if anything at all on it. When he's racing down the ice ans then cuts into the slot, that wrister is so fast, sometimes I wonder if the goalies even see it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Ovie's -10 leaves him tied for last on the team with Mike Green.  Compare that to Grabovski who has 26 points and is a plus 4

Unless all over Ovechkin's goals are game winners, than I say Grabovski's play contributes more to his team winning.  It's almost like Ovechkin needs a center like Bergeron to cover for him on defense for him to not hurt his team.

+/- means nothing as a stand alone stat, but does mean something when compared to others on the same team.

But yes, he is awesome to watch and good for the league!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's his job to score goals.  Why would you care about his +/-?  It's awesome to watch the guy go to work.  Washington's defense is a joke.  That's not Ovechkin's fault.  With Mike Green leading the defensive zone lockdown, I can't imagine a guy in the league that may score more and have a better +/-.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Is this the same defence that shut down the B's 2 years ago? As has been said +/- is a team stat, its not all on Ovechkin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

At the end of the day, you have to score more goals than the other team. He scores goals. And he's a beast doing doing it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Is this the same defence that shut down the B's 2 years ago? As has been said +/- is a team stat, its not all on Ovechkin.

Yes.  That one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yes.  That one.

Well i guess they can be good if they want too, either that or if they play a boring,shot blocking,no attempt at offence, Hunter coached style of play, which they can. Oates isn't so inclined,more fun to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts