Own Two?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Own Two?

From that Forbes article:  In June, Bell Canada and Rogers Communications completed their purchase of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment from the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan. The transaction valued MLSE, which owns the Maple Leafs, Raptors of the NBA, Air Canada Centre, Toronto FC of Major League Soccer and the Marlies, a Leafs affiliate, at $2.05 billion. As a result of the transaction, Bell and Rogers each own 37.5% MLSE and Kilmer Sports, which previously owned 20% of the enterprise, owns 25%. The deal gives Rogers and Bell, which also owns 18% of the Montreal Canadiens, valuable programming for their sports channels.

Bell and Rogers own part of the Leafs and the Habs.  I can't see how that's good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Own Two?

No , me either.

But league approval was given. Something to do with controlling and non-controlling interests.

Translated ? Money talks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Chowda? Doesn't Bell also own a percentage of CTV/Global as well, who in turn are affiliated with the CBC. Then you have Rogers owning SportsNet. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Betcha Jacobs didn't tell any of those board members to sit down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Chowda? Doesn't Bell also own a percentage of CTV/Global as well, who in turn are affiliated with the CBC. Then you have Rogers owning SportsNet. 

Hard to keep track of everything these days. If you're right with Bell ( CTV and CBC ) sounds a little like marrying your sister. Interbreeding to follow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Those Ontario teachers sure made out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

NAS, I get your confusion because of the poorly written article, but only Bell has part ownership in the Habs in addition to the Leafs. The authour did it awkwardly but that 18 per cent comment was only amending the information about Bell, not both Rogers and Bell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also, what relationship does Bell or CTV have with the CBC, other than Bell being an advertiser? The CBC is owned by The Government of Canada. I've never heard of private investors in it before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Hard to keep track of everything these days. If you're right with Bell ( CTV and CBC ) sounds a little like marrying your sister. Interbreeding to follow.

You sick baster....d lmao! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Also, what relationship does Bell or CTV have with the CBC, other than Bell being an advertiser? The CBC is owned by The Government of Canada. I've never heard of private investors in it before.

Red, I never said I was sure about that. I know that the CBC is gov't owned, but I thought a couple of yrs ago that Bell was able to weasel there way in there. I thought I heard Ron Mclean mention something about it on a coaches corner & Cherry responded with "Yea next thing ya know I'll have to go thru Bell to make my video's." It may have been a tongue-in-cheek thing. That's why I only asked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Looks like you were right to an extent, but that they're not anymore.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2012/06/25/sp-olympics-cbc-bell-bid-partnership.html

Guess they had a joint partnership regarding Olympics coverage, but that they disolved that partnership in the summer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS, I get your confusion because of the poorly written article, but only Bell has part ownership in the Habs in addition to the Leafs. The authour did it awkwardly but that 18 per cent comment was only amending the information about Bell, not both Rogers and Bell.

Great nitpicking, Red.  The fact remains that some company owns part of two different teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Great nitpicking, Red.  The fact remains that some company owns part of two different teams.

Sorry NAS, but this statement coming from you is rather funny. LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Speaking from experience?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Are you concerned that he may not have used a condom?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Yes son. Surprise ! You are the byproduct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One of the things I miss about this board from the long-forgotten days of what we old-timers called "the NHL" - somebody makes an ill-advised comment and the first response to everything else he writes from that point on refers to said comment.  And the guy (mostly) doesn't even have to still be on the board - witness the myth of the 32 pims.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

One of the things I miss about this board from the long-forgotten days of what we old-timers called "the NHL" - somebody makes an ill-advised comment and the first response to everything else he writes from that point on refers to said comment.  And the guy (mostly) doesn't even have to still be on the board - witness the myth of the 32 pims.

This is one of my favourites. 

TLDR.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

32 PIM and the waiters with the tables are my two favorites.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

32 PIM and the waiters with the tables are my two favorites.

Two of the best classic's for sure! The 32 PIM's for arguing an off-sides call is one my teammates & I joke about during a game. If a teammate starts to gripe about a call we'll all yell "Don't get 32 minutes!"

Sections
Shortcuts