P00 P00: 8 assists in his last 14 games that is D00 D00!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

P00 P00: 8 assists in his last 14 games that is D00 D00!

I'm not saying trade him, I'm not saying waive him and I'm not even saying bad pick up for the price Pouliot makes but can't Chiarelli at least get someone to push him for ice time. I don't see P00 P00 steal the puck or hit anyone to jar the puck away, he floats, he falls down with barely a touch and never, never threads the needle to make a sweet pass.

Where Oh where is the Pouliot that we saw earlier in the season ?

PS. Not mad about about the loss tonight as I expect stinkers like this throughout the season it's a given. Just trying to find out what the heck has happened to the third line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: P00 P00: 8 assists in his last 18 games that is D00 D00!

I've been saying this for a while now. Pouliot is an ok player. But we could still use someone better on the third line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: P00 P00: 8 assists in his last 14 games that is D00 D00!

Is that exactly the number of games he's been away from Peverley and Kelly?  I'll have to check tomorrow.  I don't remember him having success with anyone else, and I don't remember them having much success without him either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The problems is the number of stinkers there's been recently followed by some delusional comments like 'The Bruins could win if they really wanted to but don't worry it doesn't matter they'll just sail through the play offs cause they're the Bruins'.

Love the Bs, love this particular version of them especially, but they are needing some serious cross examination to get things moving again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Benoit had Peverley leave the 3rd line after the Flyers game when Horton with got his 2nd concussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Dr. CC I agree 100 percent that chemistry was the best and the only thing that worked for all three guys. I have said that numerous times that you have to keep 

Pou Kelly and Peverly together they do not work on other lines. I hate to say it but is time for a trade. With Horton out for who knows how long and the streaky play of Krejci right now and the young gun line not producing goals but playing hard there needs a spark. And Corvo has to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay, I checked tonight.  Game 1 of the mentioned streak was the Vancouver game.  So the next 5 no Marchand, then 3rd game after he gets back Horton goes down, and then 5 games since.  That makes 10 of the 14 without his normal linemates.  Either being stuck with Hamill, or trying to play on a higher line against better defense.  I'm not saying he's played well during the stretch, but both of those factors are handicaps for him.  He's not someone that will make effective plays against good defenders.

It's amazing how much of a disruption losing one of the top 6 has been.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Is it an argument for Ray Whitney?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Ryder 19+17=36

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: P00 P00: 8 assists in his last 14 games that is D00 D00!:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I checked tonight.  Game 1 of the mentioned streak was the Vancouver game.  So the next 5 no Marchand, then 3rd game after he gets back Horton goes down, and then 5 games since.  That makes 10 of the 14 without his normal linemates.  Either being stuck with Hamill, or trying to play on a higher line against better defense.  I'm not saying he's played well during the stretch, but both of those factors are handicaps for him.  He's not someone that will make effective plays against good defenders. It's amazing how much of a disruption losing one of the top 6 has been.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    let's not forget that poulliot is the new guy in the system. everyone else has played with each other for a little while. looked bad to start (and i mean bad for the first month and a half), developed chemistry with pev/kel, then got new linemates and again looks inept. he's shown that he CAN be effective offensively(unlike hamill)- with pev/kel. this past 3 or 4 weeks have been boston's first real test with injuries/suspensions/personal matters affecting their nightly lineup. glad it's happening now, and they have earned themselves a small cushion in the standings. let's hope they can get back on track sooner rather than later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Are you saying Pouliot has 8 points in his last 14 games? That's impressive!!  That puts him on a pace for 48 points on the season, which would be outstanding for a third-liner. Even more impressive since really he gets 4th-line icetime. I doubt he will be able to keep up that pace, I don't know any player that could in that role.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Pouliot's inconsistent? Who knew?

He's a low-line player that you're paying nothing for.  8A in 14g is a decent return overall, at least offensively.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

He has done more than expected, so far. Which is good enough for the team.

If he sticks around for next year, we will see the type of player that everyone wants him to be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] Even more impressive since really he gets 4th-line icetime. I doubt he will be able to keep up that pace, I don't know any player that could in that role.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

4th line minutes are 9min-10:30min a game. Pouliot has been around 14 minutes some games at over 16 minutes not the same as a 4th liner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Has he really?? Pouliot skates very well, except for falling down[ Wheeler-esque], but he is never in position which confuses his linemates. There are so many times when it looks as though he will make a good play and then it fizzles. Both he and Thornton have major trouble handling the puck, so they are constantly chasing the play. Last night no-one had a good game. Even Seguin and b\Bergeron had the puck bouncing all game. Don't blame Tuuka too much although the 3rd goal was a real mistake, but his defense, all of them, was/were lousy. Up front Bergie and Kelly were great on the draw, but the rest was fumble city, and letting the sabres beat them to the puck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I hadn't really paid much attention to the thread title - he's got 1g 3a during the (now) 15 game stretch.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Check that again.  He averages 12:07, which is less than everyone on the team except Paille and Thornton.  He is in the bottom 3 of 12 forwards in icetime.  That is fourth line minutes.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P00 P00: 8 assists in his last 14 games that is D00 D00! : 4th line minutes are 9min-10:30min a game. Pouliot has been around 14 minutes some games at over 16 minutes not the same as a 4th liner.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Dr. CC I agree 100 percent that chemistry was the best and the only thing that worked for all three guys. I have said that numerous times that you have to keep  Pou Kelly and Peverly together they do not work on other lines. I hate to say it but is time for a trade. With Horton out for who knows how long and the streaky play of Krejci right now and the young gun line not producing goals but playing hard there needs a spark. And Corvo has to go.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Funny thing this word " chemistry "(only the Dr can relate) . One thing for sure ever since Horton got hurt , Krejci's line and the 3rd (Kelly's) has not done anything.  Bergeron's line is still moving along and the 4th line has been consistent to it's play all season long.
    1 player out can affect the chemistry of a whole lineup.  Adjustment boys adjustments.
    As for Pouliot he's not showing to be a steal and don't think he'll get a big raise next season anywhere.  Whatever he does for the Bruins is a bonus.
    With a 13th forward (not Hamill) maybe he would move his derriere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

if Pouliot's game right now is enough for some on this board when the team is in dire need of some offense then so be it. It's not enough for me an still I think he should be pushed for his icetime. He had plenty of games over 13Mins a game during that stretch and that is not 4th line minutes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't know if I'm happy with Pouliot, but if he is indeed putting up a 48 point pace over the last 14 games then he is the least of concerns.  Poor defensive structure has been the biggest weakness, followed up by a cold run by a number of scorers. I think the winter blues is the biggest reason for the slump, but it's compounded by the Horton injury and Peverley moving to the second line.  Having Peverley on the third makes it very dangerous and gives the Bruins depth that no one else can compete with. It's like that last drop of beer that over-fills your glass.  Pouliot is obviously the weak point if the Bruins pick up a guy like Whitney sometime soon, but he's a good player for the role he plays and the amount he makes.  His contributions good or bad aren't a big deal in the grand scheme. I'd say he would look a lot better if the Bruins were playing their system and the lines were back to normal. I do agree whole-heartedly that he should be pushed for his ice time. Right now there is no spare forward.

[QUOTE]if Pouliot's game right now is enough for some on this board when the team is in dire need of some offense then so be it. It's not enough for me an still I think he should be pushed for his icetime. He had plenty of games over 13Mins a game during that stretch and that is not 4th line minutes.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if I'm happy with Pouliot, but if he is indeed putting up a 48 point pace over the last 14 games then he is the least of concerns.  It's like that last drop of beer that over-fills your glass.  Pouliot is obviously the weak point if the Bruins pick up a guy like Whitney sometime soon, but he's a good player for the role he plays and the amount he makes.  His contributions good or bad aren't a big deal in the grand scheme.  I do agree whole-heartedly that he should be pushed for his ice time. Right now there is no spare forward. In Response to Re: P00 P00: 8 assists in his last 14 games that is D00 D00! :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

But, But, But....Oh never mind real good points and fair.

Sections
Shortcuts