Pacioretty headhunting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Re: Pacioretty headhunting

Wonder what Mario is going to say.

Sickens me to see noone sticking up for their player.  This goes back to the Savard hit.  In the old days, the player would pay.  Whether it be Cooke, Chara, Pacs, ...
    Staged fights like Thorton vs Cooke and Lucic vs whoever, the next time they meet is pitiful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

If Pacioretty did that to say Seidenberg or Ferrence what do you think the bruins would do?

They would pound the ever living twitter out of him.  Surprised the Pens let that go

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting:
    [QUOTE]Hard to argue that head wasn't principle point of contact when Letang is leaking all of the ice. I just feel bad for the Montreal police who I am sure had to field hundreds of 911 calls for the immediate arrest of Max Patch.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

That was my thought Crowls.  

Are there any more biased fans anywhere than Canadiens fans?  Everytime a Hab players falls they think there should be a penalty.  Boooooooooo!!!  Another Canadian city that is supposed to understand the game but it doesn't seem that is the case.  Just like with Toronto fans, I am told it is because they are passionate.  I guess the new definition of passionate is stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]So funny to read your comments.. if chara did'nt get a suspension why would he ? be coherent , if i remember correctly when Max was hit par Chara he did'nt have the puck..but Letang did, there's a huge difference between those two hits!
    Posted by Beantown28[/QUOTE]

The difference is the rule on head shots.

Max gets 3-5 for this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : That was my thought Crowls.   Are there any more biased fans anywhere than Canadiens fans?  Everytime a Hab players falls they think there should be a penalty.  Boooooooooo!!!  Another Canadian city that is supposed to understand the game but it doesn't seem that is the case.  Just like with Toronto fans, I am told it is because they are passionate.  I guess the new definition of passionate is stupid.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]
    Hunt. I can barely tell the difference between boos anymore. Between the boos when Zee has the puck and the boos for every time the Bruins score or touch a Hab, it seems the fans are booing for most of the game. The boos have essentially lost all meaning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll just say this, compare it to the Paille hit;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fqIsyguJpo

I say they are virtually identical.

If you don't agree, what's the difference between the 2 hits?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I'll just say this, compare it to the Paille hit; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fqIsyguJpo I say they are virtually identical. If you don't agree, what's the difference between the 2 hits?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Biggest difference is that Paille was assessed a match penalty and a game misconduct, while Max got nothing.

Other than that the Paille hit seems to have a little more shoulder where MP's hit seems to have a little more elbow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : Interested to see what Patches will get since he'll be considered a repeat offender. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQTLSRBXQ

Eaton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gdY5JUCByo&feature=related

Maxx didn't know the door was open...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQTLSRBXQ Eaton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gdY5JUCByo&feature=related Maxx didn't know the door was open...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, is my memory playing tricks on me? Was he punished by the league for the hit on Eaton? When I google Max and suspensions, it's nothing but articles basically crying about Chara.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : San, is my memory playing tricks on me? Was he punished by the league for the hit on Eaton? When I google Max and suspensions, it's nothing but articles basically crying about Chara.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

His player page does not list a suspension on TSN:

www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6214

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : His player page does not list a suspension on TSN: www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6214
    I also found nothing on it. I guess my mind is going because I thought he was punished by the league for that one. Oh well, I think a lot of stuff that probably isn't true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2010/12/30:  Max Pacioretty scored the lone Canadiens' goal in a 4-1 loss in Tampa on Thursday night. Pacioretty's marker in the first minute of the game pushed Montreal out to a 1-0 lead, but the Lightning took over the contest from that point forward. The young Montreal forward has been pretty impressive since being called up from the Habs' AHL affiliate in Hamilton and appears ready to stay in the NHL for an extended period of time. (Source: Rotoworld.com)

2010/12/27:  Max Pacioretty could be facing a suspension for his questionable hit on the Islanders' Mark Eaton Sunday night. He drove the Isles' defenseman into the boards from behind and will certainly have to answer to NHL sheriff Colin Campbell. Stay tuned. (Source: Montreal Gazette)

Colin Cambell reared his ugly head again, must have thought game misconduct/match penalty was enough as he played 3 nights later...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : That was my thought Crowls.   Are there any more biased fans anywhere than Canadiens fans?  Everytime a Hab players falls they think there should be a penalty.  Boooooooooo!!!  Another Canadian city that is supposed to understand the game but it doesn't seem that is the case.  Just like with Toronto fans, I am told it is because they are passionate.  I guess the new definition of passionate is stupid.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]
    I'm a passionate fan too, but there's a thing called objectivity which I at least try to have! There's very few Habs fan like Kennedy out there that have that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Admittedly, I liked Pac's response this morning - basically, I had to react quickly and I screwed up and I'm sorry yhe was injured, thank god he's ok.

He admitted culpability and owned up to the fact it was a screw-up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantown28. Show Beantown28's posts

No objectivity or almost none here on Bruins board. things should always go their way ! their slogan:  MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Reminded me of the savard hit. There has to be a suspension here, this is exactly the hit thet they are trying rid the game of.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Montreal Canadiens winger Max Pacioretty will have a phone hearing with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan on Monday morning for his hit on Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Kris Letang in the third period of Friday's game.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381408

No surprise here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Admittedly, I liked Pac's response this morning - basically, I had to react quickly and I screwed up and I'm sorry yhe was injured, thank god he's ok. He admitted culpability and owned up to the fact it was a screw-up.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Interesting that he refused to show Chara the same level of consideration that he now affords himself.

He also said: "It's a quick decision there. He's coming across the middle, he's got the puck and is maybe in a scoring opportunity. If I let him go, he could potentially score on us. I knew I had to hit him but I didn't want the result to be like that."

Better to point out that Letang's post-game comments were truly professional. Good to that see that he was healthy enough to return and score the game winner.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Montreal Canadiens winger Max Pacioretty will have a phone hearing with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan on Monday morning for his hit on Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Kris Letang in the third period of Friday's game. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381408 No surprise here.

Crowls, the best part of that article are the comments! LOL

Some of the loser hab fans saying it wasn't a late hit but they clearly omit to see that the primary point of contact was in fact, Letang's head.

Also, it's so funny how the Bruins come up in about half the comments in an incident that involves the Pens!

First it was that Campbell's dad was the head of the disciplinary department. Now, some of them are saying Jacobs runs the league. 

So pathetic!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : Crowls, the best part of that article are the comments! LOL Some of the loser hab fans saying it wasn't a late hit but they clearly omit to see that the primary point of contact was in fact, Letang's head. Also, it's so funny how the Bruins come up in about half the comments in an incident that involves the Pens! First it was that Campbell's dad was the head of the disciplinary department. Now, some of them are saying Jacobs runs the league.  So pathetic!
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Saw some of that.

It will be interesting to see how the Montreal Police make out with the investigation.  Has anyone heard from Louis Dionne yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The Max Pacioretty "honeymoon" is over.  Game on.  He wants to attack and deliver blindside hits, then he can start RECEIVING them too.

Trust me, there are some players waiting for their next game in Montreal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantown28. Show Beantown28's posts

[QUOTE]The Max Pacioretty "honeymoon" is over.  Game on.  He wants to attack and deliver blindside hits, then he can start RECEIVING them too. Trust me, there are some players waiting for their next game in Montreal.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

So.. more suspensions to come, the stupidiest  thing i ever read, Fortunately players don't think like you  ! typical reaction from a Bruins fan!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Should be four games if Paille is a measuring stick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : best part of that article are the comments! LOL Some of the loser hab fans saying it wasn't a late hit but they clearly omit to see that the primary point of contact was in fact, Letang's head. So pathetic! Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

And then Ronstar a Bruins fan comes in...

bruins04
    "paille got 4 and marchand got 2 last year for contact to the head... habs fans need to stop pulling chara and lucic into the rule in question, rule 48. there weren't specific rules for the chara/lucic hits. but this incident, where the head is the principal point of contact, has been booked before for bruins... leave it to habs fans to blame the bruins, rather than accept that it happens on both sides."

with the best comment of all of them to settle it Bang on!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I have been quite the last week. But I just saw this video and I am appalled. I am the first one to want blood on the ice from a good scrum and I do not need all this gentlemanly asking someone to dance. I love a bone crushing hit. Open Ice or along the boards but these blindside hits to the head with shoulders and Knee shots that are intended to mame a player are the same as spearing in my book. Either change the padding or fine, suspend, trade anyone who uses this as an art form. I do not mean the incidental contact of it but the purposeful head smashing with the shoulder would not even be allowed in BOXING. BAN IT NOW> Kick the goons out. Let the boys fight again and the game will be controlled. This is what you get when the game is not policed by an enforcer properly. Thorton, Lucic and half the B's would have slaughtered Pac for that hit on any Bruins. How many good players need to be lost to this foolishness? Shanny grab a pair and suspend away.

Sections
Shortcuts