PACIORETTY SPEAKS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS

The next step is a civil lawsuit against Chara. Obviously Max is angry enough. This is why I hoped Chara would get a game or two suspension. Now this is just going to live on and get uglier....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sad, since Pacioretty cannot remember clearly. Even Sadder is Air Canada's corporate comments. What kind of whiners are in Management these days?? Absolutely irresponsible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS:
    Sad, since Pacioretty cannot remember clearly. Even Sadder is Air Canada's corporate comments. What kind of whiners are in Management these days?? Absolutely irresponsible.
    Posted by bogie6

While it is a serious injury I question the wisdom of Pacioretty calling up the media and venting his anger the very next day after the incident. This will only add fuel to the fire so to speak. Either Hab management screwed up in trying to wait for the appropriate time to issue an official statement or they are cynically playing off of the emotion of the event to inspire their team. either way it is a blunder.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : Subban would NEVER have tried what doush pat tried, cause he knows that he'll end up in the expensive seats. 
    Posted by diz420

In hindsight I guess it kind of looks like Max's dissrespect for the big man is what really caught up with him. Constant stick work on Chara, the push after his GWG, Then thinking he can simply jump around the big man and take a break away without even getting pushed.

Respect the Z.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Do I think Chara purposely guided him into the stanchion? Yes - many players do this.

Do I think Chara purposely guided his head into the stanchion or wanted to hurt him? Not for a second.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : you can't even use google translation moron LOL!
    Posted by Del2006

How's this:

Des menaces des menaces je veux voir quand tes petit smurf vient a Boston avec vous au Garden qui dois faire attention !

Not bad for a non-franch speaker! eh ?

Eventually it catches upto you and your hockey club and it has nothing to with only Bruin fans saying this.
    Ask Pen fans or Philly fans or Leaf fans , I go on and on ,  why is this ? It's guys like you that  spead the hate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

This article infuriated me!  I did feel sorry for this little brat but not any more.  Typical Hab - always crying they're the victim, everyone's intentionally after them....wa,wa,wa...  This kid has no respect for the NHL players that came before him, let alone an all-star, Norse trophy winner like Chara.  Hey Matt - you tried to provoke Chara in January too by pushing him like the little punk you are- you get what you deserve you ungrateful brat!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Actually... According to Habs fan, Chara yelled 'WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME" and beat Max with a sack of puppies before laying the "hit" last night http://twitter.com/AlexCole77/status/45503891135148032 LOL
    Posted by Bruins-Unite

well well well,  look who's back !

Now on the topic.

Pacioretty shouldn't talk ,  what his logic when he's saying this:

"I'm not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt."

So now my question is when he hit Eaton from behind does the same apply there ?
    Eaton was very lucky he only broke his nose. (not sure if a concussion followed).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Max gets a free pass until he gets well, but claiming that Chara intentionally ran his head into the stantion is factually incorrect.

He did not. Chara finished his check like hockey players are supposed to do, and Max made a poorly-timed jump in a dangerous spot that put himself at unnecessary risk. End of discussion forever on this hit.

Get well, Max.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Let's put it this way, Milbury was a better GM than Mazz is a hockey writer.

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : Although I disagree with Mazz's opinion in hhis recent column, and I'll agree his hockey knowledge could be better, I disagree that he is a hack. He is probably the best sports columnist in Boston.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : While it is a serious injury I question the wisdom of Pacioretty calling up the media and venting his anger the very next day after the incident. This will only add fuel to the fire so to speak. Either Hab management screwed up in trying to wait for the appropriate time to issue an official statement or they are cynically playing off of the emotion of the event to inspire their team. either way it is a blunder.......
    Posted by jmwalters

When someone says or does something stupid...from a hospital bed...guess they should get a pass....that doesn't change the fact that Pacioretty's remarks are stupid and irresponsible.
    If he can't recall much of the incident...only saw the replay today...how could he possibly "recall" Chara's intention?...and if he felt he was being "angled into the stanchion"..why in the world wouldn't he merely apply the brakes.  He wasn't picked up and thrown into the turnbuckle...he had options if he was as aware as he said Chara was. 
    Two moronic statments from a pro athlete who obviously knows better, but is posturing for sympathy, and attempting to feed conspiracy theory nonsense.

The NHL got this right.  It was merely an unfortunate incident.  Anyone who's watched the replay 4 or 5 times, could not come to a different logical conclusion

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Leaf Players respond to the hit.  Overall (I can provide the link if you're interest, it comes from an articule in the Toronto Sun) Leaf players don't think the hit was intentional.

From Kessel
    "He’s a great guy and a great teammate,” Kessel said. “I think it’s an unfortunate situation with the glass there. Obviously he’s probably the strongest guy in the league and he’s just going to overpower you.”

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don't agree with everything he says but pretty good article.

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/03/10/spector_poking_the_bear/" target="_blank" title="http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/03/10/spector_poking_the_bear/" class="twitter-timeline-link">http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/03/10/spector_poking_the_bear/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : When someone says or does something stupid...from a hospital bed...guess they should get a pass....that doesn't change the fact that Pacioretty's remarks are stupid and irresponsible. If he can't recall much of the incident...only saw the replay today...how could he possibly "recall" Chara's intention?...and if he felt he was being "angled into the stanchion"..why in the world wouldn't he merely apply the brakes.  He wasn't picked up and thrown into the turnbuckle...he had options if he was as aware as he said Chara was.  Two moronic statments from a pro athlete who obviously knows better, but is posturing for sympathy, and attempting to feed conspiracy theory nonsense. The NHL got this right.  It was merely an unfortunate incident.  Anyone who's watched the replay 4 or 5 times, could not come to a different logical conclusion
    Posted by stevegm

I agree Steve. This whole intention thing is always pure speculation anyway. No none but Chara knows what is intentions were  just as no one but Pacioretty knows his intentions when he rammed Eatons head into the boards from behind. It is a false argument.

Max should have waited to respond and Habs management should have taken control of the situation and did not. Very unprofessional to have one of your players call up the media to angrily denounce an all-star player and the league in which he plays.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : you can't even use google translation moron LOL!
    Posted by Del2006

Just trying to raise myself to the level of the ever-so knowledgeable Canadiens fans - who obviously rely on google.  Keep crying in your red, white, and blue beers, pas que you didn't get your way.  Who's the moron, anyway, or maybe Maroon, for taking the bait?  Back to your studies, now, the school bell hasn't released you yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

My honesnt opinion on this that night, and since remains unchanged.. Pacioretty had gotten the best of Chara and was going to beat him to the puck, Chara through an interference hit out of frustration in  a game the bruins were losing.
    I can go either way with should he have been suspended, I can agree with murphys statement, I could also see a minor suspension under the idea that with in the rules or not, the safety of the players needs to come first and Chara needed to be aware of his situation at the time, he did indeed commit a penalty, so its not like the play is entirely clean or with in the rules. 
    If chara is so aware of his location on the ice though, that means Pacioretty who is on home ice is more aware, and should have protected himself.  This injury was compounded by the angle of both players more then anything else..

I suffered a similar hit in highschool where I tried to jump between the boards and a defender and he caught me at the divider of the penalty boxes.. They are a different design (single pain seperating)so I inessence hit the thing on the side, as opposed to the end.. Results were no where near the same minor concussion yes, but thats it.. I never felt anything more then that it was a dumb play on my part..

Max took a risky move trying to beat his man to the outside in the open area of the bench.. he should point the finger at himself and be a little more honest in this situation, hes never going to get more then an "its unfortunate, i wish I hadnt hit him in that instance" from chara nor shoudl he expect it, waiting around for him to say "yes I intended to run him into the turn buckle" just aint going to happen

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

My honesnt opinion on this that night, and since remains unchanged.. Pacioretty had gotten the best of Chara and was going to beat him to the puck, Chara through an interference hit out of frustration in  a game the bruins were losing. I can go either way with should he have been suspended, I can agree with murphys statement, I could also see a minor suspension under the idea that with in the rules or not, the safety of the players needs to come first and Chara needed to be aware of his situation at the time, he did indeed commit a penalty, so its not like the play is entirely clean or with in the rules.  If chara is so aware of his location on the ice though, that means Pacioretty who is on home ice is more aware, and should have protected himself.  This injury was compounded by the angle of both players more then anything else.. I suffered a similar hit in highschool where I tried to jump between the boards and a defender and he caught me at the divider of the penalty boxes.. They are a different design (single pain seperating)so I inessence hit the thing on the side, as opposed to the end.. Results were no where near the same minor concussion yes, but thats it.. I never felt anything more then that it was a dumb play on my part.. Max took a risky move trying to beat his man to the outside in the open area of the bench.. he should point the finger at himself and be a little more honest in this situation, hes never going to get more then an "its unfortunate, i wish I hadnt hit him in that instance" from chara nor shoudl he expect it, waiting around for him to say "yes I intended to run him into the turn buckle" just aint going to happen
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Then you will like this article.  I don't agree with everything he says but coming from a non-Bias standpoint.

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/03/10/spector_poking_the_bear/" target="_blank" title="http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/03/10/spector_poking_the_bear/" class="twitter-timeline-link">http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/03/10/spector_poking_the_bear/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

Youtube Max Pacioretty dirty hit on Mark Eaton from December of this year; here are his (Patches) comments about the incident (after Pacioretty himself not being suspended): “I remember going in on the forecheck and I thought he was going to turn into me but it didn’t end up that way,” Pacioretty said. “It’s a fast game and sometimes you make mistakes and I definitely made a mistake there and hurt our team. I obviously hurt that player. I’m disappointed with what happened and I wish I could take that back.”

link: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/pacioretty_explains_his_hit_on_eaton/

Unfortunate incidents can happen at full speed in a fast game, it is impossible to avoid all injuries from ever happening. But Pacioretty calling out a respected (and never suspended) player like Chara months after his own actions could have resulted in the same if not worse injury is irresponsible.

I wish Patches a quick recovery but don't try and tarnish someones image and incite a crazy fan base more by calling the media and speaking out of anger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

CHP10
    I think he wants chara to take some of the blame that he owned up to there, I am not sure chara has..

B'slegion, I agree with that take.. Campbell is awful at his job.. The savard incident was a perfect case, I have said this a few times, so if its a repeat I apologize, but he is the disciplinarian and should set the tone.. The fact that he couldnt suspend cooke for intent to injure because no "penalty" had occured was crap, intent to injure is its own penalty..

As the rule book gets longer and longer (in attempts to cover everything) what is not in it becomes all the more legal..

I think murphys ruling was dead on with how campbell would have reviewed it by the rule on the books, with out a dirty hit, theres not intent to injure(the hit wasnt dirty, just ill timed, ill tempered for certain, and a borderline interference call) I thought chara would get 2 games, simply from the stand point of "we need to protect the players, you have to let up in that incident" but didn't expect the league to come down to hard on a guy with such a polished resume who is generally about as clean of a player as you get..

Unlike some posters I wish the kid a speedy recovery, but the players need to realize the league can not protect them as much as they need to protect themselves..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

just seeing tony marinaros name on this post makes me sick. listening to him after the game driving home, made me lose whatever respect i had for this person as a sports journalist. he clearly could not see the bigger picture of the chara/patches incident and just over and over kept bashing chara for his use of the word "unfortunate"

two things of note here. technically pacioretty can get fined by the nhl for bad mouthing them publically right? i doubt the nhl would do that now right? oh and he says he does not remember being hit, yet he can make the judgement that chara rammed his head into the turnbuckle.

im not defending chara, and im not defending patches, but as a bruins fan in montreal who remembers the feeling he had when bergie got hit by randy jones, a two game suspension would have been sufficient. the nhl dropped the ball and now its about to escalate to another level in this city with the police involved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

CHP10 I think he wants chara to take some of the blame that he owned up to there, I am not sure chara has.

rolerhoky19; I can agree with you there, the point that I strayed from was that Pacioretty did admit when he was the hitter (in the Eaton case) that things happen fast and surroundings play a part...he did take responsibilty to an extent but excused himself by saying its a fast game, mistakes happen, etc. but then will not afford Chara the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if he's speaking to the media a DAY after a serious head injury, its not as serious as we were all led on. i wish him well, but he needs to review his own checkered past of cheap shots- see eaton- btw he's equally responsible to know where he is on the ice. i didn't realize the the area near the the box and benches was a "no hit zone". 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

CHP10,
    He is currently hung up on chara not having admitted trying to hurt him.. He does say if he did say that he could be more forgiving..

I would almost bet at some point chara will reach out, it does happen most of the time  (i believe savy admitted cooke tried to reach out to him even) but it still wont be yeah sorry i tried to hurt you.. It will be more of a sorry this happened it was a mistake.. Will Pac accept an apology like that is the question..

Charas never been a malicious player. I ofter criticize him for not having more of a Chris pronger dark side in him..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

rolerhoky, Well with a now ongoing criminal investigation and i'm sure a civil lawsuit to follow; i wouldn't be expecting Chara to say anything more in the media or to reach out to Pacioretty...As bad as Chara must feel about Patches being injured in the way he was, I would expect (as he should) him to stand behind his statements and get back to playing hockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

just seeing tony marinaros name on this post makes me sick. listening to him after the game driving home, made me lose whatever respect i had for this person as a sports journalist. he clearly could not see the bigger picture of the chara/patches incident and just over and over kept bashing chara for his use of the word "unfortunate" two things of note here. technically pacioretty can get fined by the nhl for bad mouthing them publically right? i doubt the nhl would do that now right? oh and he says he does not remember being hit, yet he can make the judgement that chara rammed his head into the turnbuckle. im not defending chara, and im not defending patches, but as a bruins fan in montreal who remembers the feeling he had when bergie got hit by randy jones, a two game suspension would have been sufficient. the nhl dropped the ball and now its about to escalate to another level in this city with the police involved.
    Posted by geez77

People like you geez....are the problem here !!  Like most, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.  You're not defending Chara or Pacioretty.  You're not blaming Chara or Paciretty either.
    Yet, you say the league "dropped the ball" for not levying a suspension for something that you can't articulate any rationale for.....other than appease the Quebec fan base, or validate some issue you have with a past incident !!

This is a very straight forward issue.  100 times out of 100, a defenseman will do exactly what Chara did, when confronted with a break away.  70 times out of 100, a penalty will be called.  1 time in a million will result in serious injury.  

The prevailing circus is disgusting.  Where has Air Canada been up to now? Their statement is beyond belief !!  Guess they only speak up when a Hab gets injured!  What's with the Canadian government?  Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

How come nobody is questioning why the stanchions are so lightly padded?  Wouldn't it be reasonable to at least consider the safety implications of the stanchions, and possible improvements?

No.  I guess not.  For most, nonsense, makes the most sense. 

Sections
Shortcuts