PACIORETTY SPEAKS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS

“It’s been hard,’’ said Chara, before the ruling was announced. “I obviously feel bad about what happened. I’m trying to make a strong hockey play and play hard. Unfortunately the player got hurt and I had to leave the game. It is in my mind.’’

How is this, or the longer comments Chara made where he described the little hop in the middle, different from what MP said about his hit on Eaton?  I thought he would do X and made the play I made based on that read, I didn't forsee Y and it resulted in an injury that I didn't intend and feel bad about.

I'll say this again - I can't tell you how absolutely furious I am about this.  Some of the media across the country - especially on the globeandmail.com blog - just reek of opportunistic grandstanding.  Air Canada - same thing.  Politicians and prosecutors?  Same thing.  Anyone open a case against Trevor Gillies yet?  That was flat out assault.  I'd love to make a list of names participating in the media lynch mob and go back to see what they said when Mario made his statements.  I'll be stunned if there's more than 50% who are consistent.  This has totally exited the realm of logic to the point where no one is even mentioning the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement on discipline or any of the legal frameworks for making these decisions.  If the league suspended Chara for the rest of the year because they thought he meant to hurt MP, and I'm Matt Keator, I have a slate of civil suits against the league in my hand by the close of business.  As much as we all hate the ruling on Cooke, Campbell made a valid point when he said that the hit was technically not illegal and the on-ice officials did not see it as an attempt to injure.  Now in Cooke's case, it would be easier to make that case after the fact, but even then, Campbell doesn't have the power to exact punishment above and beyond what was negotiated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and per the links Legion posted, look at the Brophy article too. I've been wondering forever when someone will put together a montage of all of the hits just this season where players have hit the stanchion, the open gate, or been knocked over the boards and into the benches with their bladed feet waving around in the air.  Brophy doesn't do that, but he does point out that Tyler Ennis also smashed into the stanchion on the same night and, because he wasn't injured, no one has yet mentioned his name.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Just my opinion here. But do you think if max had just stepped into his big boy pants again, like he had on when he decided to shove chara after the OT goal and maybe show he has some real toughness rather then hiding behind refs that this maybe wouldnt have happened?

Chara wanted him in the fight filled game in boston during one of the brawls in the second period, it should have all ended there had max had any nutz, but instead he went after kampfer and then turtled to the ice when chara grabbed him. Dont play the big boy game when your not willing to pay the piper. You dont see gomez or gionta pulling stupid stuff because they know the piper comes calling sooner or later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxmvp. Show redsoxmvp's posts

and people are suprised at this???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS:
    Just my opinion here. But do you think if max had just stepped into his big boy pants again, like he had on when he decided to shove chara after the OT goal and maybe show he has some real toughness rather then hiding behind refs that this maybe wouldnt have happened? Chara wanted him in the fight filled game in boston during one of the brawls in the second period, it should have all ended there had max had any nutz, but instead he went after kampfer and then turtled to the ice when chara grabbed him. Dont play the big boy game when your not willing to pay the piper. You dont see gomez or gionta pulling stupid stuff because they know the piper comes calling sooner or later.
    Posted by puckhog9966

No.  I don't think Chara even new who it was.  He was attempting to prevent a breakaway, and he did what every defenseman would do in that situation.  The only thing Chara did differently than most defensemen in this exact situation, is rub the player out, instead of aggressively taking him out of the play.  People are really stretching...in their attempt to inflict something sinister here. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

“It’s been hard,’’ said Chara, before the ruling was announced. “I obviously feel bad about what happened. I’m trying to make a strong hockey play and play hard. Unfortunately the player got hurt and I had to leave the game. It is in my mind.’’ How is this, or the longer comments Chara made where he described the little hop in the middle, different from what MP said about his hit on Eaton?  I thought he would do X and made the play I made based on that read, I didn't forsee Y and it resulted in an injury that I didn't intend and feel bad about. I'll say this again - I can't tell you how absolutely furious I am about this.  Some of the media across the country - especially on the globeandmail.com blog - just reek of opportunistic grandstanding.  Air Canada - same thing.  Politicians and prosecutors?  Same thing.  Anyone open a case against Trevor Gillies yet?  That was flat out assault.  I'd love to make a list of names participating in the media lynch mob and go back to see what they said when Mario made his statements.  I'll be stunned if there's more than 50% who are consistent.  This has totally exited the realm of logic to the point where no one is even mentioning the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement on discipline or any of the legal frameworks for making these decisions.  If the league suspended Chara for the rest of the year because they thought he meant to hurt MP, and I'm Matt Keator, I have a slate of civil suits against the league in my hand by the close of business.  As much as we all hate the ruling on Cooke, Campbell made a valid point when he said that the hit was technically not illegal and the on-ice officials did not see it as an attempt to injure.  Now in Cooke's case, it would be easier to make that case after the fact, but even then, Campbell doesn't have the power to exact punishment above and beyond what was negotiated.
    Posted by Bookboy007

If it's any consolation Book, I'm bettin Air Canada's arrogant, irresponsible, ill advised PR antics will backfire.  Many are already expressing disgust.  Air Canada's position is based on an unfortunate instance in their back yard, not because of their passion for hockey justice.
    What a cheap, sneaky, attempt to get some attention.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Good luck to Chara next time he goes to Montreal...the danger will not be on the ice!
    Posted by Del2006

Is this a threat? Do you know that inciting violence is illegal in both Canada and the United States?
    Your IP is logged here, genius. If anything should happen, you're now on a list in individuals who have been reported for explicitly inciting violent action against a particular identified individual.

This is typical of a hockey fanatic who cannot distinguish between life on and off the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : well well well,  look who's back ! Now on the topic. Pacioretty shouldn't talk ,  what his logic when he's saying this: "I'm not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt." So now my question is when he hit Eaton from behind does the same apply there ? Eaton was very lucky he only broke his nose. (not sure if a concussion followed).
    Posted by BsLegion

Yes, it's the pot calling the kettle black; glass houses, yada yada yada. The habs are a DIRTY team but of course, the Bs' reputation precedes them as big and bad. This is the irony of it all, and Murphy knows it.

Why not just get rid of hitting and fighting in hockey, as well? This would be great for teams that spent all their cap money on midgets.

All the propaganda I heard when I turned on AM 990 by accident this morning, and all the cr@p on Twitter from habs fans, shows clearly that they don't know anything about the Bruins aside from what they see in BS/habs games.

Speaking from ignorance is self-defeating.

I still feel like this was all a nightmare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Pacioretty mad a poor decision to keep his speed up and try to squeeze by Chara and stanchion. Bad decisions often end up with bad results

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : No.  I don't think Chara even new who it was.  He was attempting to prevent a breakaway, and he did what every defenseman would do in that situation.  The only thing Chara did differently than most defensemen in this exact situation, is rub the player out, instead of aggressively taking him out of the play.  People are really stretching...in their attempt to inflict something sinister here. 
    Posted by stevegm

I'm sure Chara knew it was Pacioretty.  Regardless, "he was attempting to prevent a breakaway, and he did what every defenseman would do in that situation.  The only thing Chara did differently than most defensemen in this exact situation, is rub the player out, instead of aggressively taking him out of the play.  People are really stretching...in their attempt to inflict something sinister here," as you so clearly state.  Hear, hear!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Yup, Peter Pan got squished trying to fly away from the Z dawg.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I expect montreal to be doing cheap shots with their sticks and more knee on knee cheapshots like they did to looch last game. Good thing is I am sure the bruins will be more than willing to drop the gloves I doubt the habs will though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

prolly bring up that Bonneau fellow from Hamilton too ....

Ya, despite the pressure, no need to act sheepishly guily - best D is O , IMO  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Tony Mazz was exposed as a hack writer today.   What a shock. Mazz writes about a sport he has no idea about, and he looks stupid yet again. As does Packratty.    What's more disturbing is this Packratty character basically leaping into the boards, thinking he was by Chara, but instead gambled running himself into the turnbuckle. Fail.
    Posted by BBReigns

No one but him said that he jumped into the boards.  Something is fishy.  Maybe he was looking for a minor interference and made a dire mistake 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: PACIORETTY SPEAKS : No one but him said that he jumped into the boards.  Something is fishy.  Maybe he was looking for a minor interference and made a dire mistake 
    Posted by Tuckerw3

mazz should stick to baseball

Sections
Shortcuts