Paging Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Paging Jordan Caron

I'm as dissapointed as anyone in these descriptions of Jordan Caron who spent the summer training with Patrice. At the same time I'm more concerned with the bigger NHL picture. The report that so many players agreed to Decertification indicates that Fehr and his helpers have totally failed to inform the players about the legalities on both sides. Most of these are young men who have never been exposed to the vagaries of a courtroom, and the manipulations of the legal community. The owners may very well put their wallets away until next year. Please remember that Bettman is merely the spokesman for the owners who all are experienced businessmen with their own independant legal staffs. As Mark Rechi stated early on [October], the players will not win with a lengthy and protracted situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was Jordan Caron a terrible pick by the scouts ? Is his ego the reason for his performance ?

I was just wondering if someone has taken into account that he's just not very good to go along with the players drafted after him. A handful of those players have more NHL points then him.

The teams who have these players must have felt they hit the jack pot considering few have done anything.

The Bruins scouts had little to choose from and certain theories are for those who believe in them.  

[/QUOTE]

Does 'not very good' take into account that Caron got time as a fill-in on the Bruins second line?  And does the fact Caron is doing nothing in the AHL mean we can also compare his progression (if we can call it that) to players drafted within a round of him who've been developing like Tatar, Siflverberg, Panek and Palmieri?  Should we throw in the guys who aren't point-getters, but who looked to be in line for NHL jobs at the beginning of this season like Despres or Lehner?  Your version of this doesn't really answer how Caron goes from looking like he was about to stick in the NHL (as of the start of the lockout, the Bruins had 12 forwards under contract excluding Marc Savard) to a guy who could be sent to the ECHL, and the team (not just the scouts) had more choice than you're implying.

[/QUOTE]

Interpretation of progression ? Playing in the same league as Caron and have done diddly squat at the NHL level ? 

And how many players like Caron, have played well for a stretch in the NHL looking like they're NHL players, bottomed out and never to be heard again ? Thousands ( and in the future quite possibly Tatar, Silfverberg, Panek and Palmieri also ).

I have no explanation why it happens but it happens. A grade 12 education prevents me from being that smart. How about you ?

As mentioned Caron could be one of these players who just isn't good enough to stick in the bigs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Interesting point about the ECHL. When Whitfield, Spooner and Knight get healthy enough to play, which could be next weekend, some forwards will be heading to South Carolina.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Before he was drafted he missed 6 games in 2 years. Why would there be a concern about him getting injured ? Did you know something others didn't ?

And if you're going to use the diabetes excuse .........there are other athletes who have had successful careers despite it.

[/QUOTE]

Why draft someone with a medical condition, which inherently increases risk, when there were healthy players on the board who have since proven to be better investments?

Trying to diminish my point by pointing out other players who have had success isn't really a valid argument.  Peter took a risk and for now hasn't bore fruit.  That fact is indisputable. 

At any rate, I hope he get's healthy and becomes an NHLer because I like the kid and think he's got talent.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't know teams should draft by who is the healthiest compared to who they think will be the better player ? On the Bruins board they liked Knight and yes they took a chance. But they have these things called doctors nowadays. Do you not think they were involved before a decision was made on drafting him ? 

And what have any of these players proven up to this point ? That they can score in the OHL or AHL ? Making the NHL is the big picture when drafting players. Putting points up in lesser leagues doesn't mean they'll make the NHL. Players with less points then others have made the NHL while those with bigger numbers haven't.

And I think you're diminishing your own point by not recognizing that modern medicine makes it possible for people like Knight to be able to be an NHL player.

P.S. How am I doing coach BB ? Give me a "TLDR" for this post to show your approval........but still no _____face names headed my way yet. I'll have to work on that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting point about the ECHL. When Whitfield, Spooner and Knight get healthy enough to play, which could be next weekend, some forwards will be heading to South Carolina.

[/QUOTE]

Great white whale

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Should we throw in the guys who aren't point-getters, but who looked to be in line for NHL jobs at the beginning of this season like Despres or Lehner?

[/QUOTE]

I think Lehner is going to be a start.  I watched him in the AHL last year and oh, boy.  I think Ottawa has something big there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Was Jordan Caron a terrible pick by the scouts ? Is his ego the reason for his performance ?

I was just wondering if someone has taken into account that he's just not very good to go along with the players drafted after him. A handful of those players have more NHL points then him.

The teams who have these players must have felt they hit the jack pot considering few have done anything.

The Bruins scouts had little to choose from and certain theories are for those who believe in them.  

[/QUOTE]

Does 'not very good' take into account that Caron got time as a fill-in on the Bruins second line?  And does the fact Caron is doing nothing in the AHL mean we can also compare his progression (if we can call it that) to players drafted within a round of him who've been developing like Tatar, Siflverberg, Panek and Palmieri?  Should we throw in the guys who aren't point-getters, but who looked to be in line for NHL jobs at the beginning of this season like Despres or Lehner?  Your version of this doesn't really answer how Caron goes from looking like he was about to stick in the NHL (as of the start of the lockout, the Bruins had 12 forwards under contract excluding Marc Savard) to a guy who could be sent to the ECHL, and the team (not just the scouts) had more choice than you're implying.

[/QUOTE]

1. Interpretation of progression ? Playing in the same league as Caron and have done diddly squat at the NHL level ? 

2. And how many players like Caron, have played well for a stretch in the NHL looking like they're NHL players, bottomed out and never to be heard again ? Thousands ( and in the future quite possibly Tatar, Silfverberg, Panek and Palmieri also ).

3. I have no explanation why it happens but it happens. A grade 12 education prevents me from being that smart. How about you ?

4. As mentioned Caron could be one of these players who just isn't good enough to stick in the bigs.

[/QUOTE]

1. Outperforming Caron at the same level by a wide margin.  Year to year improvement, unlike a guy with an apparent NHL game dropping off a cliff at the AHL level.  Silfverberg will be in Ottawa when the lockout ends, and Tatar might also be in Detroit. We'll see how they progress at the NHL level then.

2. I'm not sure what your point is with this.  So what if this has happened all the time; the point is that it's in the middle of happening to Caron, and if the Bruins or JC can figure out why, there's still a chance they might turn his career around.  That's why people are interested in why.

3. I had no idea a grade 12 education could prevent you from thinking about things.  Sounds like mental conditioning.  No wonder Dalton McGuinty is going medieval on the teachers.  I must have skipped enough days in grade 12 that I've registered what many people have regarding guys who start out looking like they could be players and then fail. I'll summarize in big categories. One's chemistry either with line-mates or a system - take the player out of that situation and he struggles to adapt.  Another's attitude or being "uncoachable" - where the player isn't willing to accept a different role or different responsibilities in the system he's being asked to play either because he thinks he knows better or because he thinks the role is beneath him.  A third is confidence - like a golfer who starts to tamper with his swing, a player starts to slump and then messes with his game until it gets in his head and he doesn't make plays based on instincts he's taken a lifetime to develop.  Another is injury where even a relatively small injury can cost a player speed, quickness, or the fluidity of motion needed for skill plays.  And the last big category is loss of opportunity where a guy starts strong, creates expectations, fails to meet those expectations in a timely manner, loses that opportunity to another player who may have less skill but who plays the role with gusto (for example) and then never gets a second chance.  Of your thousands, I'd guess a third are in this category.

In Caron's case, he's had opportunity and was pencilled in on the Bruins' lineup card as an NHLer.  We haven't been told of any injury.  Chemistry could be part of the problem as SanDog has pointed out, but really 2-2-4 in 25 games?  That's hard to fathom as just a lack of chemistry.  That leaves confidence and attitude.

4. What does "not good enough" mean when, as you've pointed out, a guy has been good enough?  In Caron's case, he has size, skates well enough, shoots well enough, has decent hockey sense and a two-way game....  It appears his physical attributes are "good enough".  If they aren't, then I come back to what the hell were they thinking drafting him?  I think that's the point of this whole thread really.  Caron's not good enough right now.  Why?  You seem to want to just kill the whole thread at Caron's not good enough.  Oh well.  Why talk about it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

Didn't know teams should draft by who is the healthiest compared to who they think will be the better player ? On the Bruins board they liked Knight and yes they took a chance. But they have these things called doctors nowadays. Do you not think they were involved before a decision was made on drafting him ? 

And what have any of these players proven up to this point ? That they can score in the OHL or AHL ? Making the NHL is the big picture when drafting players. Putting points up in lesser leagues doesn't mean they'll make the NHL. Players with less points then others have made the NHL while those with bigger numbers haven't.

And I think you're diminishing your own point by not recognizing that modern medicine makes it possible for people like Knight to be able to be an NHL player.

P.S. How am I doing coach BB ? Give me a "TLDR" for this post to show your approval........but still no _____face names headed my way yet. I'll have to work on that.

[/QUOTE]

Chowdahkid listen, i've had 3 family members die from Diabeties related issues.  Don't tell me it's no big deal.  But, the Diabetes wasn't what killed them.  It was the added illness combined with Diabetes.

My uncle recently died from complications related to Diabeties.  He had cancer and was being treated in Boston with a new experimental nanopharmacologic medicine.  It was a last ditch effort, as nothing else had worked.

The nanopharm was working miraculously for 2 days - he was almost his old self again!   Then the Diabetes kicked in and he was dead in a day..

It's not the Diabetes that's an issue, it's the Diabetes + something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I feel bad for Tardif in a way because he's worked his way up the depth chart in Prov and keeps being productive and yet there is nobody I am less excited to see do well.  Who cares what the AHL veteran does, give my a sexy prospect instead.  And as Crowls pointed out, there are so many other guys underachieving who we would be excited about if they were having Tardif's season.  Don't care about the P-Bruins win-loss record -- it bums me out to see Bourque and Tardif leading the team.

I followed Colborne pretty closely while he was at Denver and saw him play about 15 times a year. I never got the impression that he had a work ethic issue, whether that be from a wealthy upbringing or whatever else.  I think the assumption that a rich kid might not work hard in hockey is a real stretch.  Colborne chose the college route so he could play less games and put on a lot more weight, which he needed.  And he did it.  The Denver coaching staff raved about his strength and conditioning, and he gained about 25 pounds of muscle while at Denver.  I recall Don Sweeney raving about his work ethic in camp too.  I think he's just not that good.

Bim, I doubt anyone is saying that juvenial diabetes is no big deal, and I have a good friend who has it too.  While it is pretty problematic as you get older, it no longer presents a huge obstacle to being an elite athelete.  Ask Jay Cutler.  Knight and former teammate Max Domi have talked about how it has helped them in many ways because while the others junior players are drinking and eating junk, these guys are on a regimented diet and know everything about nutrition.  Knight says that diabetes has not been an impediment to his career and I believe him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. Interpretation of progression ? Playing in the same league as Caron and have done diddly squat at the NHL level ? 

2. And how many players like Caron, have played well for a stretch in the NHL looking like they're NHL players, bottomed out and never to be heard again ? Thousands ( and in the future quite possibly Tatar, Silfverberg, Panek and Palmieri also ).

3. I have no explanation why it happens but it happens. A grade 12 education prevents me from being that smart. How about you ?

4. As mentioned Caron could be one of these players who just isn't good enough to stick in the bigs.

[/QUOTE]

1. Outperforming Caron at the same level by a wide margin.  Year to year improvement, unlike a guy with an apparent NHL game dropping off a cliff at the AHL level.  Silfverberg will be in Ottawa when the lockout ends, and Tatar might also be in Detroit. We'll see how they progress at the NHL level then.

2. I'm not sure what your point is with this.  So what if this has happened all the time; the point is that it's in the middle of happening to Caron, and if the Bruins or JC can figure out why, there's still a chance they might turn his career around.  That's why people are interested in why.

3. I had no idea a grade 12 education could prevent you from thinking about things.  Sounds like mental conditioning.  No wonder Dalton McGuinty is going medieval on the teachers.  I must have skipped enough days in grade 12 that I've registered what many people have regarding guys who start out looking like they could be players and then fail. I'll summarize in big categories. One's chemistry either with line-mates or a system - take the player out of that situation and he struggles to adapt.  Another's attitude or being "uncoachable" - where the player isn't willing to accept a different role or different responsibilities in the system he's being asked to play either because he thinks he knows better or because he thinks the role is beneath him.  A third is confidence - like a golfer who starts to tamper with his swing, a player starts to slump and then messes with his game until it gets in his head and he doesn't make plays based on instincts he's taken a lifetime to develop.  Another is injury where even a relatively small injury can cost a player speed, quickness, or the fluidity of motion needed for skill plays.  And the last big category is loss of opportunity where a guy starts strong, creates expectations, fails to meet those expectations in a timely manner, loses that opportunity to another player who may have less skill but who plays the role with gusto (for example) and then never gets a second chance.  Of your thousands, I'd guess a third are in this category.

In Caron's case, he's had opportunity and was pencilled in on the Bruins' lineup card as an NHLer.  We haven't been told of any injury.  Chemistry could be part of the problem as SanDog has pointed out, but really 2-2-4 in 25 games?  That's hard to fathom as just a lack of chemistry.  That leaves confidence and attitude.

4. What does "not good enough" mean when, as you've pointed out, a guy has been good enough?  In Caron's case, he has size, skates well enough, shoots well enough, has decent hockey sense and a two-way game....  It appears his physical attributes are "good enough".  If they aren't, then I come back to what the hell were they thinking drafting him?  I think that's the point of this whole thread really.  Caron's not good enough right now.  Why?  You seem to want to just kill the whole thread at Caron's not good enough.  Oh well.  Why talk about it?

[/QUOTE]

TLDR

Edit: No malice intended but I'm not going to read something that long. You're good but not that good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chowdahkid listen, i've had 3 family members die from Diabeties related issues.  Don't tell me it's no big deal.  But, the Diabetes wasn't what killed them.  It was the added illness combined with Diabetes.

My uncle recently died from complications related to Diabeties.  He had cancer and was being treated in Boston with a new experimental nanopharmacologic medicine.  It was a last ditch effort, as nothing else had worked.

The nanopharm was working miraculously for 2 days - he was almost his old self again!   Then the Diabetes kicked in and he was dead in a day..

It's not the Diabetes that's an issue, it's the Diabetes + something.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for your losses.

But comparing them to Jared Knight and whether he should have been drafted by the B's is a bit extreme don't you think. If he had any type of ssues as your relatives did, do you think he'd be playing hockey ?

It's obviously a sensitive topic with you but he has been given the green light to play. Saying you're concerned because he's diabetic really has no basis behind it.  His doctors aren't as concerned as you are because he's playing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel bad for Tardif in a way because he's worked his way up the depth chart in Prov and keeps being productive and yet there is nobody I am less excited to see do well.  Who cares what the AHL veteran does, give my a sexy prospect instead.  And as Crowls pointed out, there are so many other guys underachieving who we would be excited about if they were having Tardif's season.  Don't care about the P-Bruins win-loss record -- it bums me out to see Bourque and Tardif leading the team.

I followed Colborne pretty closely while he was at Denver and saw him play about 15 times a year. I never got the impression that he had a work ethic issue, whether that be from a wealthy upbringing or whatever else.  I think the assumption that a rich kid might not work hard in hockey is a real stretch.  Colborne chose the college route so he could play less games and put on a lot more weight, which he needed.  And he did it.  The Denver coaching staff raved about his strength and conditioning, and he gained about 25 pounds of muscle while at Denver.  I recall Don Sweeney raving about his work ethic in camp too.  I think he's just not that good.

Bim, I doubt anyone is saying that juvenial diabetes is no big deal, and I have a good friend who has it too.  While it is pretty problematic as you get older, it no longer presents a huge obstacle to being an elite athelete.  Ask Jay Cutler.  Knight and former teammate Max Domi have talked about how it has helped them in many ways because while the others junior players are drinking and eating junk, these guys are on a regimented diet and know everything about nutrition.  Knight says that diabetes has not been an impediment to his career and I believe him.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you point on Knight, same point Chowdah was making.

Knight's diabetes + hamstring injury = hamstring injury

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

TLDR

Edit: No malice intended but I'm not going to read something that long. You're good but not that good.

[/QUOTE]

Attaboy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Caron-struggling-for-P-Bruins-in-lead-ro?blockID=814523&feedID=10944

"Providence head coach Bruce Cassidy admitted following Sunday's loss that Caron has been struggling a bit as of late, and he certainly wants to be playing his best hockey if the NHL suddenly starts up in the next few weeks.

"He hasn't scored a point [in a while] for a guy that plays on the power play and plays up in the lineup, " said Cassidy. "It's a concern for everybody. At some point something good has to happen for him. He's had nights where the puck has been following him and he hasn't been able to bury it"

This is Cassidy's take from last Sunday

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Another P-Bruin win with Caron coming up empty - one shot and two pim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://ahlbruins.tumblr.com/post/39094812526/bruins-defeat-phantoms-4-2

Hey oh Mr. Caron pots a winner in last nights victory.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm going to Worcester Sharks Providence Bruins tonight.

Badhab report soon to follow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to Worcester Sharks Providence Bruins tonight.

Badhab report soon to follow.

[/QUOTE]

Look for a tall red head with curly hair .  Most likely will wearing a black B's jersey.  Say hi for me ; )

Sections
Shortcuts