That's fair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Paille gets 4 games

Figured he would get at least that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonwise. Show Bostonwise's posts

We knew that would happen, but someone needs to Ference to STFU
    instead of "trashing his team mate to the media"
    If you think its a violation so be it, you don't need to give ammunition to Colin Campbell!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i like ference "telling it like it is"...this team has probably been affected more by these hits than any other team in the nhl.  if he doesn't acknowledge this in public, the b's look like hypocrites. i wonder how  savvy, bergy and krejci feel about their teammate paille now? i hope he is shunned by the team and mgmt.-get rid of him-not only for this one incident, but for his horrible play all season(remember he was benched after the 1st game this year!)good riddance.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Paille gets 4 games:
    i like ference "telling it like it is"...this team has probably been affected more by these hits than any other team in the nhl.  if he doesn't acknowledge this in public, the b's look like hypocrites. i wonder how  savvy, bergy and krejci feel about their teammate paille now? i hope he is shunned by the team and mgmt.-get rid of him-not only for this one incident, but for his horrible play all season(remember he was benched after the 1st game this year!)good riddance.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Not sure about the Shunning thing ADk. But I do agree about Ference.  You know im so sick of the way NHL Teams and Players defend cheapshots from players on the own team and then wildly accuse other teams/players its awful. Good job on ference there.  Crybaby Crosby barely had anything to say about the Cooke hit, didnt even come close to acknowledging that hit(by cooke) as a bad dirty hit...

If more players thought like ference and less like Crosby/Cook then these hits would start to go away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

OK, but you poster calling for Paille's head were all making excuses for Hunwick such as:
    Savard put himself in that position.
    He did not mean it.
    Why would he do that to a former teammate?

Intent does not matter so why no punishment, because it is part of hockey, Savard's first hit he did not have the puck.  Sawada had the puck and had his head down. Unfortunate but it happens.

Ference has always been a league guy first, your right you do not have to defend Paille as a teammate just do not say anything

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ILH...shun away, how much of a statement would it be to the entire league and all the players if the bruins released this bum.  boo hoo for paille,it WAS a blindside hit=cheap shot. the b's send the message- we do not condone these actions on OUR team. and yes we will protect each other like a pack of wolves. play how you want anywhere else in the league- but not in our presence. this is a team gelling opportunity-

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

tman...hunwicks hit was not to the head, savvy was crouched(so was salwada)- no problem there. hunwick "followed through" ,just as paille did- no problem there. but it WAS a blind side/lateral hit= cheap shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

ADK Ferences full thoughts on the hit

It’s a bad hit, right?" said Ference. "You hear it from every player after they do it, they feel bad, and same thing, I talked to Danny [Paille] and he feels bad.

“You can’t be a hypocrite about it, though. I’ve thought about this a lot and had plenty of time to put things in perspective over the last year. Sidney Crosby has been very vocal about the head shots and blindside hits since he suffered one in the Winter Classic, but what did Crosby say after Cooke hit Savvy last year? Nothing.

“I thought a lot about that. You want to be a good teammate, but you shouldn’t be a hypocrite about it.”

I so completely agree especially with this part. Way to call it like you(and I) see it Andy. More players in the league need to have respect for the GAME not just there team but the GAME which includes all teams in the LEAGUE.

Ference makes a great point. He has really won me over this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The league actually gave him a sentence that was reasonable... I'm stunned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Definitely a deserved suspension.  I'm sure the team won't "shun" Paille because of it though.  That would just be stupid.  He has never, in the past, done anything to show he is a dirty player.  He knows what he did and I'm sure he were no complaints on his side when the suspension was given.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

All of this started when they stopped calling hits from behind blaming it on the puck carrier.  Using the blindside rule should count on hits from behind and it is not.  Why does a blind side hit draw a 5 plus match when the hit form behind is not even drawing a penalty sometimes and if it does it draws a double minor at most.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ok if the team doesn't shun him....how is his relationship with savvy, bergy and krejci(not as much) going to be for the rest of the year...i'm sure it will be all warm and fuzzy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hunwick should have received more than 4, delivered full force to head on boards, absolutely no give and Sav had no puck for 10 feet.

Not apples and oranges, it is a head shot, no leeway, none given to Pail.

This must be a tough thing for Z because his waist is higher than a lot of the players he faces, how is he to hit them when he is always above their head. At some point in future he will see a head shot suspension as will Boyc who like to nail players crossing the line withtheir head down, I guess that is a blindside as well.

Pail`s was at least an open ice hit on the freakin puck carrier, no comparison to Sav/Cook, Hunw/Sav.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The league actually gave him a sentence that was reasonable... I'm stunned.
    Posted by red75

Excellent summation.  Still believe a player should keep his head up when skating in the offensive zone.... it was not like he was in the act of shooting.  Paille deserves the suspensioin but the league is defato saying it is ok to skate with your head down.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

blindside yes, cheap maybe, intent to injure doubtful,  The guy has a seperated shoulder meaning most of the impact was to the shoulder with some follow through to the head.  I'm fine with the suspension but he doesnt deserve to be shunned, gimmee a break.  A couple of inches different and we're talking today about the awesome big hit.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I hate to show the man-love for Hamill, but with Savard's injury and Paille's suspension, this finally gives him a shot. I know Hamill hasn't lit it up, but he's a first round pick who deserves more than a useless, end of the season two game look. Caron will get called up and get a roster spot later, but the Bruins need a big league look at Hamill.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

ok if the team doesn't shun him....how is his relationship with savvy, bergy and krejci(not as much) going to be for the rest of the year...i'm sure it will be all warm and fuzzy.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

It was a blindside hit...which is 100% legal.  That he caught the guy in the head first is the problem.  I don't think Paille can be grouped in with the cementhead cheapshot artists out there.

I'm going to guess that his teammates aren't going to turn their collective backs on the guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

We knew that would happen, but someone needs to Ference to **** instead of "trashing his team mate to the media" If you think its a violation so be it, you don't need to give ammunition to Colin Campbell!
    Posted by Bostonwise

I wish Crosby had done the same to Cooke.

Sections
Shortcuts