paille in seguin out! thankfully

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully

Oh for those that don't also read the blog comments - at least one of the commenters there said Seguin was the last off the ice after practice before the Vancouver game, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully:
    [QUOTE]Oh for those that don't also read the blog comments - at least one of the commenters there said Seguin was the last off the ice after practice before the Vancouver game, too.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Good point. We will just have to wait and see. I will reserve my ire until then...hehe...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tampa is a highly skilled offensive team.  It's not difficult to score against them, but it is very difficult to keep them off the scoresheet.

The teams are tied in the standings.  This is a very important game.

Paille will do a better job keeping the puck out of the Bruins net.  This is not a time to get the kid more ice time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Oh for those that don't also read the blog comments - at least one of the commenters there said Seguin was the last off the ice after practice before the Vancouver game, too.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

We can only hope this is true, the kid is skating now. He is no longer in the peripheral, he is not throwing bone crushing checks and for his sake I hope he never does, that is not his game, but he is on the fore and back check. For those that don't see it go back and watch his 6-7 mins a game for the past few weeks, he is working.

To say he needs a rest is just not understanding the game. He is playing 6-7 mins, are they resting Z, Krej or even Rec, no, so why rest the kid with the best lungs, the best legs and the least amount of playing time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]puzzling...i thought seguin had one of his best games against ottawa! i haven't been a believer in paille all season- imo any rook can bring what he brings to the table-skates hard/zero scoring touch-
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Bitz couldn't bring what Paille does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonestix. Show bonestix's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin still looks to me like he is on cruise control so playing him and giving him more icetime wont change a thing. what concerns me is he knows the position is his to seal and there just doesnt seem to be an urgency on his part to seal it!! CJ has stated he needs more out of him in terms of fighting for the puck etc.if he isnt adding the points you could live with it if he picked up other parts of his game. his backchecking is almost non existant as is his will to get his nose dirty to make a play. dont know why most get worked up when he sits because if you really think about it , it doesnt seem to bother him too much
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]

Uppercut, i completely disagree with this. I think he has been playing really hard lately. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seguin is playing hard and is improving, but he is still a liability.  He was a minus against Edmonton.  When he is on, he creates things but it also tends to be the time when Boston gets trapped in their own end a lot.  Bad blue line giveaway against Ottawa too.  This is a statement game.  If the Bruins play solid, they will beat Tampa.  If Tampa gets a break from a Rookie's error, they could win.  It just makes sense to go with the vets.  Also, Paille, Camp and Thort fit together better as a proper LW,C,RW.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I hate Phil Kessel with a passion. I would never take him and his 27 goals back

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronoc01. Show ronoc01's posts

What if Seguin had been playing the same minutes as, say..... Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, or Jeff Skinner, and was allowed to make mistakes without Julien threatening to send him to Siberia, and maybe made him the 3rd line centre for the year after Savard went down?  He could end up like Thoronton and blossom as he gets older, but he has to be allowed to play.  And he is a heck of a lot better than Paille.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Seguin was playing as much as Hall he would probably be just like Hall, which is to say, a defensive liability.  Against the B's he was on for one goal for, 3 against, finished -2.  It's not a coincidence that the Bruins got all of their goals while he was on.  I don't know why people can't see this.  Seguin is more talented than Paille, but is not a better player in all areas.  In a game where mistakes could be the difference, the more polished player is better.  The Bruins don't need him, they have plenty of juice in their top 9.  And I'm a big Tyler Seguin fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from don444. Show don444's posts

In Response to paille in seguin out! thankfully:
    [QUOTE]finally claude makes the right move seguin isnt  nhl ready at this point, need pailles's speed and pk abilitiy........ hats off to claude! 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should take Seguin to Mass Genral and get him a set of balls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

maybe they should really do whats best and send him on a condition stint in providence by faking injury....kid is not ready...i know you all wanna see him because of his hype but paille is the 20th best player  and we should ice the best possible team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

@Don

Would you say that to his face? Easy to talk tough online buddy.

Imagine being 19 and playing with Thornton Boogard Jovanowski Chara etc... Id be tucking it between my legs too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=c1437e727718437d01b766750a675d5f&plckUserId=c1437e727718437d01b766750a675d5f">
    First: 7/14/2008
    Last: 3/3/2011
    I GUESS  THE GUY WHO KNOWS THE TEAM BETTER THAN ANYONE AGREES WITH ME. NO WAY IF KESSEL WAS HERE HE WOULD BE SITTING...  SO ALL U ARE RIGHT AND ME AND CLAUDE ARE WRONG I GUESS
    Posted by bruins8

If you and Claude now suddenly think so much alike, how come Claude couldn't stand Kessel and benched him in the playoffs??

You gotta sharpen up, or ship out bruins8 

Fletch-- I doubt he is even smart enough to figure out your point and that he is contradicting himself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin still looks to me like he is on cruise control so playing him and giving him more icetime wont change a thing. what concerns me is he knows the position is his to seal and there just doesnt seem to be an urgency on his part to seal it!! CJ has stated he needs more out of him in terms of fighting for the puck etc.if he isnt adding the points you could live with it if he picked up other parts of his game. his backchecking is almost non existant as is his will to get his nose dirty to make a play. dont know why most get worked up when he sits because if you really think about it , it doesnt seem to bother him too much
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree with you. Been hoping Seguin would take the bull by the horns but it hasn't come yet. He  looks overwhelmed and not confident. Minors?      

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I really wish they could have included Paille in one of those trades, so we wouldn't have to constantly be worried about Seguin sitting in place of this sub par jag, with the puck skills of a coffee table

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I really wish they could have included Paille in one of those trades, so I we wouldn't have to constantly be worried about Seguin sitting in place of this sub par jag, with the puck skills of a coffee table
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Come on, be nice. He has been a real game changer so far...lol!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

In Response to paille in seguin out! thankfully:
    [QUOTE]finallyP claude makes the right move seguin isnt  nhl ready at this point, need pailles's speed and pk abilitiy........ hats off to claude! 

Thread had no merit.PAILLES was not a factor in this game. If cj is going to sit Seguin, rather see P bruin/Caron.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Did he even get on the ice? I think I saw him in the play once...
    Doc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Did he even get on the ice? I think I saw him in the play once... Doc
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

Exactly Tom. I have no problem sitting Seguin provided that it is purposeful. So if PC had traded for another legitmimate forward or even if someone from Providence got called up to show what they can do then fine.

But, as illustrated tonight, Paille brings absolutely nothing to the team. He does not even go on the PK anymore.

At least with Seguin there is the prospect that some offense may be provided by the 4rth line. Tonight, they might as well have not even played....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]maybe they should really do whats best and send him on a condition stint in providence by faking injury....kid is not ready...i know you all wanna see him because of his hype but paille is the 20th best player  and we should ice the best possible team

Do you read any posts other than your own?
    Can you read?

Seguin can't go down to Providence for conditioning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

your the BIGGEST mark/pape alive!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Paille was not better than Seguin offensively tonight, but he did play on the penalty kill so it's probably a wash.

I would like to see Thornton sit a few games and allow Paille-Campbell-Seguin to be maybe the best 4th line in the league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]Paille was not better than Seguin offensively tonight, but he did play on the penalty kill so it's probably a wash. I would like to see Thornton sit a few games and allow Paille-Campbell-Seguin to be maybe the best 4th line in the league.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

I may have to give that distinction to Drew Miller, Justin Abdelkader and Tomas Holmstrom

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Tyler Seguin would have been swallowed up in this game...

Sections
Shortcuts