paille in seguin out! thankfully

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully

I was against this move yesterday so here it is!

Wow I had to listen to most of last night's game on the radio, including the great work of the Penalty Killers.  It sounded like Bergy, Boychuck and Chara played almost the full 5 on 3 but I thought it was with incredible foresight that CJ chose this game to play Paille.  I was thinking at the time that I would have to come on here and submit a Mea Culpa for questioning the decision in the first place.  I think Brickley said either before the game or between intermissions, that you don't want any of your guys sitting for too long or they won't be effective when you need them.  Well, you give Paille a game where he has a real shot at being a factor, against a team which has all the skill in the world to expose your young guy, AND on top of that Seguin can sit in the box and really focus on how Stamkos and St Louis work the ice to create scoring opportunities.  WIN, WIN, WIN!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully : I may have to give that distinction to Drew Miller, Justin Abdelkader and Tomas Holmstrom
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

holmstrom's on the 3rd with modano and filppula. draper's on the 4th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully : Do you read any posts other than your own? Can you read? Seguin can't go down to Providence for conditioning.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I had this convo with Book and DrCC a while ago BH. He can go to provy for conditioning, as long as he was actually injured.

But faking injury screams cap manipulation and would easily be found out and bring down a pretty hard punishment from the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to paille in seguin out! thankfully:
    [QUOTE]finally claude makes the right move seguin isnt  nhl ready at this point, need pailles's speed and pk abilitiy........ hats off to claude! 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Idiocy! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Brain dead, just as clod is, what a freakin tool. Don't know whick irks me more, this idiot spouting the Seg sitting is good or that clod is actually playing Pail and Thorn over Seg or even Kelly, who so far has added absolutely nothing to the mix and more glaring giveaways than anyone. This team is starting to play at its' calibre and the more it does and the more it wins the more clod ries to douse it out and put it under his finger. Despite clod this team is a contender. Sitting Seg is not going to hurt the B's and playing Pail in his place is not going to hurt the B's either, the talent is there to win regardless it is just the senselessness that he would sit either one with Thorn playing is just totally beyond absurd.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Plain logic in that rant.  Awesome!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully : Do you read any posts other than your own? Can you read? Seguin can't go down to Providence for conditioning.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    actually, he can - only for a limited time for an injury rehab. The exception comes with a very short time limit. However, Claude just needs to let the kid play- how in Blue Hades is he supposed to become NHL ready or gain confidence? He has the skills, now just let him develop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I love drinking coffee and reading all the couch coaches. It's better than reading the newspaper.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully : holmstrom's on the 3rd with modano and filppula. draper's on the 4th.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Not in the last game they played

But even if that's the usual pairing, it's still better

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]I love drinking coffee. It's better than eating the newspaper.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I agree

Drinking coffee is much better than eating a newspaper

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully : Not in the last game they played But even if that's the usual pairing, it's still better

how about we have one of the best 4th lines in the league, is that better?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully : how about we have one of the best 4th lines in the league, is that better?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

No!!!!!

I'm not giving you an inch.  Because I have tiger blood and y'know....adonis DNA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Another Bruins suck up showing their true colors, this board is full of the apologists.

I think I've made it pretty well known that I'm extremely optimistic about this team, but can still see some weakness, although slight.  One being the need for a bit more elite offensive talent, Seguin is the only one even close to being able to fill that.  Oh, and #2, Clod stinks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille in seguin out! thankfully : I agree Drinking coffee is much better than eating a newspaper
    Why would you switch my words around? I didn't even type that. You're not winning.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]Tyler Seguin would have been swallowed up in this game...
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

i agree he is 18 not his fault just isnt ready...fans out here are wrapped up in the #2 hype...truth be told he belongs in jr's...not a knock on him he will be a average player in a few years but today hes not..paille is far more valuable because of his pk, speed, and experience, i think the fans would rather seguin score 30-40 and miss the playoffs, then benched and win the cup!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin gets a great opportunity to step in tonight with Bergy out of the lineup. Why so much Seguin hate, I don't get it.   He's a young kid trying to adjust to a very different system that the Bs play.   If he were on the "No-D" system of skate-and-score teams like the Leafs or Thrashers, he'd have 50 points by now.  Is that so hard to understand?
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I think I can sum up the Seguin haters

Some people feel the need to find certain triggers that they know will elicit a reaction.  Most of us are thrilled that they got Seguin and are looking forward to seeing him play as we expect him to turn into a superstar

So now Seguin becomes an easy trigger for people to pull to get the rest of us all hot and bothered........that's all it is.  It has nothing to do with reallity or what the person saying it really believes.  They're simply trolling for the most part

Like the guy above me who has seen enough of Seguin to only expect that "he can become and average player in a few years."  That's the ceiling?  Of course he doesn't really believe that, that would be demented.  It's a troll job....like a Jason Whitlock article

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bo4. Show bo4's posts

The kid skates his but off and is much faster than paille with less effort.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins81  because you are Bruins81 NOT Bruins8
    Seguin not NHL ready?
    59 games, Season not over and he has
    G    A
    10  11
    and will have more than that.

Other players 1st season
    G     A
    3     4   Joe Thornton  (55 games)
    11   18  Your beloved Phil Kessel (70 games)
    10   11 John Bucyk (66 games)
    8     19 Milan Lucic (77 games)
    6     21  Krejci (56 games)
    14   8   Nathan Horton (55 games)
    7     15  Gordie Howe  (58 games)
    18   13 Glenn Murray (81 games) but played 32 NHL games over  2 previous seasons

Sections
Shortcuts