PAILLE out vs leafs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

PAILLE out vs leafs

Hope he's in better shape than THORNTON.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: PAILLE out vs leafs

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/02/daniel_paille_o.html

Well the Bruins announced that Thornton was out 7-10 days, Paille was announced as just being out for tomorrows game against the Leafs. So hopefully it is day to day, seeing that Daniel really picked up the 3rd line the way he did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The Sabres really hurt us last night ...Thornton, Paille, the win , the humiliation ...

Hope our players will respond in Buffalo ..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Is Pandolfo still with the team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Is Pandolfo still with the team?

In Winchester with his family awaiting a call, never signed. It would be tough because of how many contracts the Bruins are allowed right now. Bourque having to pass through waivers to go back down to Providence would make signing a vet UFA difficult right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd have Bourque and Tardiff in the line up versus Toronto..Perhaps a game in the press box did Bourque well. I'd like to see how he responds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Paille and Tardiff are from the same town. One Welland boy out and one in ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I hope no serious damage to anyone from last nights humiliation. Thornton should have known better. Fighting includes strategy and the winning hand to last night would have been to ignore Scott and let the Sabres waste a roster spot. Paille has a little history with head injuries and I hope this is just a little precautionary rest. Bergeron and Krejci also didn't skate today and that really worries me. Seguin is clearly not ready to carry his team the way Vanek did last night.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

will be interesting, Sat night in hogtown... Loafs have some amends to make for their horrible showing against the Bs last year. 

Orr is on fire this year, took down Scott. McDermid isn't ready for him. He'll be looking to set the tone at the ACC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Griswal65's comment:

will be interesting, Sat night in hogtown... Loafs have some amends to make for their horrible showing against the Bs last year. 

Orr is on fire this year, took down Scott. McDermid isn't ready for him. He'll be looking to set the tone at the ACC

With the goon out for the B's, Orr should be rendered useless.

I can't wait.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

NAS, your opinion of Thornton is hardly a secret. But to be pleased about his concussion is low for even you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

NAS, your opinion of Thornton is hardly a secret. But to be pleased about his concussion is low for even you.

I don't see where he said he was pleased about it.

My concern is, with Thornton out, Toronto may elect to sit Orr, and play someone else, that could actually be relavent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

He managed to goad Lucic into going, and we have others who they will likely reason Orr can get to oblige him....

No way he sits. The lastest version of the Big Bad Bruins are are in town on a Saturday night and the Loafs were embarrassed by us last year... Saturday night's allright for fightin....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I didn't say I was happy that he has a concussion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The Leafs will play Orr, Colton will try to intimidate every Bruins player on the ice tonight.

If Lane Mcdermid is the temporary enforcer, and wants a NHL position then he will be the one elected to drop the gloves with Orr. The Bruins must not get stupid penaties and stick to discipline hockey, which must happen playing the Leafs.

As for Bourque and Tardif they will know what they must do to stay up in the NHL. At least it is only the 4th liners mending their wounds. The 4th line will not get the usual ice time tonight unless the Bruins produces an early lead.

The positive part about injuries it will always give a young prospect some time to show what they are made of. I don't know much about Tardif, but he scores goals in the AHL, but so did Bourque.

The odds show that the Bruins/Julien will respond positive after a embarassing loss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

The Leafs will play Orr, Colton will try to intimidate every Bruins player on the ice tonight.

If Lane Mcdermid is the temporary enforcer, and wants a NHL position then he will be the one elected to drop the gloves with Orr. The Bruins must not get stupid penaties and stick to discipline hockey, which must happen playing the Leafs.

As for Bourque and Tardif they will know what they must do to stay up in the NHL. At least it is only the 4th liners mending their wounds. The 4th line will not get the usual ice time tonight unless the Bruins produces an early lead.

The positive part about injuries it will always give a young prospect some time to show what they are made of. I don't know much about Tardif, but he scores goals in the AHL, but so did Bourque.

The odds show that the Bruins/Julien will respond positive after a embarassing loss.

He's Carlyle's kind of player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thornton would not have been hurt if he was not on the team.  He is a fighter and yes he got clocked.  Retirement is on the horizon for if Thornton cannot fight then he can help L. Byers in the broadcast booth.  No one wants a player hurt.  Paille made the third line go, if Bourque is back put him on the forth line with MacDermid.  I'd rather see Spooner than Tardiff. 

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Griswal65's comment:

With the goon out for the B's, Orr should be rendered useless.

I can't wait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yep, the Leafs are going to dress McClaren and Orr. They will try to beat the Bruins at their own game once again and get disowned.

Do staged fights between two goons really "boost" the team? It almost seems like they put the game at a hault and do nothing, but what do I know - I'm just a spectator.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Yep, the Leafs are going to dress McClaren and Orr. They will try to beat the Bruins at their own game once again and get disowned.

Do staged fights between two goons really "boost" the team? It almost seems like they put the game at a hault and do nothing, but what do I know - I'm just a spectator.

I think it's hard to say.  We've heard players for years say their team needed a jolt at a particular point in a game and a scrap got them going.  As you said we watch the game.  They're on the bench.  The fights get the crowds out of their seats and raises the noise level in the arena.  If that heightens the energy in the building and transfers down to the players then perhaps both teams should receive the same supposed result of the bout. 

Your question reminded of an interview I saw a couple of years ago with Eric Duhatschek, now with The Globe and Mail but then I think he was with the Calgary Sun.  He was commenting on the state of the Flames and mentioned things were so bad even their off-season signed enforcer, 6-4, 240 lb. ex-King Rautis Ivanans lost a fight to then Oiler Steve MacIntyre. 

What stuck with me was according to him he could see the whole Flames team "sag" afterwards.  Who knows what the situation was in the game?  Calgary could've been down by 4 goals.  Until then I don't think I'd heard someone mention the flipside of the desired effect of these things.  I'm gonna be down at the ACC tonight hoping the Bruins come out on top.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Yup, McLaren's in .... gonna be a barnburner 2nite.

Who would think after how we embarrassed them last year and with Orr back in business they would try a Euro style on a sat nite in the big smoke ?? lmao. that place will be rawkin...   

Sections
Shortcuts