Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?!

Are you kidding me?  Read it yourself.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/12/game_29_bruins.html?camp=localsearch:on:twit:bruins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???

to the posters thinking im being negative, im not just a realist.
    bruins will lose tonight if paille starts, gtee.
    then julien will try to change things and will lose again tomorrow in montreal with seguin in the lineup. 
    dumb move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I happen to think some time watching from high up in the team box from time to time is helpful to a kid like Seguin. Hopefully his development becomes so rapid it becomes unnecessary to do so with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I just read the article don't make sense. Sitting Seguin over Paille we will need the offense tonight , upcoming gms. MTL and WSH.. CJ you are not making sense, PC why don't you just trade Paille now! This way CJ can't make any ignorant decisions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

this is like having whitfield in the playoffs over marchand.
    Walker ur being way to positive.  
    Savard i feel bad for. what the hell is he going to do with paille???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

>.<.

Doesn't make sense I agree. if it's a tie, you obviously go with the rookie /future of the franchise

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Nothing wrong with being positive.

I don't believe Seguin is being scratched based on whether he's a better player than Paille or anyone else ont he roster. It's to help his development. I know it sounds counter productive to sit him but that's the reasoning IMO. His development is more important in the long run than making sure you have the very best line up possible for 82 games. (different story in the playoffs, though). He hasn't played consistently well for a pretty good stretch now either. I'll bet he starts playing better once he's back on a regular shift.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They aren't scratching Seguin in order to play Paille.  They're playing Paille because they believe (as do I) that Seguin needs a break/a different view.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:
    [QUOTE]Nothing wrong with being positive. I don't believe Seguin is being scratched based on whether he's a better player than Paille or anyone else ont he roster. It's to help his development. I know it sounds counter productive to sit him but that's the reasoning IMO. His development is more important in the long run than making sure you have the very best line up possible for 82 games. (different story in the playoffs, though). He hasn't played consistently well for a pretty good stretch now either. I'll bet he starts playing better once he's back on a regular shift.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

The only thing I take issue with is, Julien making public comments about how conflicted he feels. It comes across to me like something that could mess with a young players head. If Julien wants to have him up to the owners box to watch games occasionally, great, go for it. However, if doing this just depends on what moon Julien is in, and not clear, objective reasoning--than I  am against it.

I agree with NAS though, they are likely doing this for good reasons.. I just wish CJ would be a little more cautious in expressing how fickle his reasons are for benching bringing him upstairs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]They aren't scratching Seguin in order to play Paille.  They're playing Paille because they believe (as do I) that Seguin needs a break/a different view.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]They aren't scratching Seguin in order to play Paille.  They're playing Paille because they believe (as do I) that Seguin needs a break/a different view.

yeah I agree thats what they are trying to do

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It certainly seems like a weird decision from the outside.  I suppose it is possible Seguin, after his view of the last game, has told Julien he thought he learned a lot from it, and would benefit from another view.

Alternatively, depending on how sick Seguin got, maybe Julien doesn't think he can handle games on back-to-back nights, and the decision being made isn't whether to sit Seguin, but in which game he should sit.

Julien really is bad at explaining things to the press, isn't he?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:
    [QUOTE]Are you kidding me?  Read it yourself. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/12/game_29_bruins.html?camp=localsearch:on:twit:bruins
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Bet on Seguin playing tonight.I think CJ is trying to light a fire under Seguin by even mentioning the chance of sitting him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]It certainly seems like a weird decision from the outside.  I suppose it is possible Seguin, after his view of the last game, has told Julien he thought he learned a lot from it, and would benefit from another view. Alternatively, depending on how sick Seguin got, maybe Julien doesn't think he can handle games on back-to-back nights, and the decision being made isn't whether to sit Seguin, but in which game he should sit. Julien really is bad at explaining things to the press, isn't he?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Smart answer DrCC!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]It certainly seems like a weird decision from the outside.  I suppose it is possible Seguin, after his view of the last game, has told Julien he thought he learned a lot from it, and would benefit from another view. Alternatively, depending on how sick Seguin got, maybe Julien doesn't think he can handle games on back-to-back nights, and the decision being made isn't whether to sit Seguin, but in which game he should sit. Julien really is bad at explaining things to the press, isn't he?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

whoa whoa whoa

- depending on how sick Seguin got?  First, everyone in the league when they sit a guy and don't want to make a big deal of it they say undisclosed injuries, flu, food poisoning & etc.

So to me anyway, this gives credence to the theory that he never had the flu and were sitting him all along.

Next - let's get serious about Paille, Seguin is the better player even if he had uncontrollable explosive  diarrhea.

Watching from the press box will help???

Are you guys like 105 years old and have never heard of "game film"? 

In your day did they have cave paintings portrayings the game or something???

Do you know they have computers, and video tape and ipods, and yes, even some areas have electric lights and flush toilets????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree totally. Its not a bad thing to see things from a different perspective once and awhile. I thought the Savvy, Ryder , Paille line played fairly well last game, omitting the 2 Savard gaffs obviously.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Seguin has fully recovered form his flu then he should not be a healthy scratch. Julien has made no mention of Tyler still being sick so it is a dumb move to sit him for any other reason at this point of the season.

70% healthy Seguin has a better chance of offensive production than a 110% healthy Paille. If Daniel plays tonight and the Bruins lose that means Boston stays put in 7th place in the Conference idiotic move!

PS. Ask the Rangers what one point means ? :shakehead:

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Let's hope the game doesn't go to a shootout as i don't beleive the B's have anyone but Seguin who you can count on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE] />.<. Doesn't make sense I agree. if it's a tie, you obviously go with the rookie /future of the franchise
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

a tie?!?!?!?!

A TIE?!?!?!!?

A TIE!?!?!?!!?!???!

That's like a tie between Tony Robbins and Phil Kessel in a public speaking motivation competition.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : whoa whoa whoa - depending on how sick Seguin got?  First, everyone in the league when they sit a guy and don't want to make a big deal of it they say undisclosed injuries, flu, food poisoning & etc. So to me anyway, this gives credence to the theory that he never had the flu and were sitting him all along. Next - let's get serious about Paille, Seguin is the better player even if he had uncontrollable explosive  diarrhea. Watching from the press box will help??? Are you guys like 105 years old and have never heard of "game film"?  In your day did they have cave paintings portrayings the game or something??? Do you know they have computers, and video tape and ipods, and yes, even some areas have electric lights and flush toilets????

I have been on record about Seguin (2nd line with benchings for poor play), but, I am being a realist here (CJ is the coach).  Reminds this fan of the Kessel benching, although I think Paille is a functioning wing on the fourth line, he is NOT on par with Seguin.  That said, DrCC has the best explanation.  Master mind coaching decision beyond my comprehension. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I agree with the minority here that it isn't such a big deal.  It might help Seguin if it is just a game and it lets him fully recover from the flu.  Also, Paille is now a man with something to prove, so I don't think he'll play badly.  Maybe he will even improve his trade interest with a couple strong games...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

When you said you were going to be more positive you really meant it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Maybe shocasing Paille for trade bait? Anyone? Buehler?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:[QUOTE]Maybe shocasing Paille for trade bait? Anyone? Buehler? Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

Could be but I think Paille's market will open up in January.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : whoa whoa whoa - depending on how sick Seguin got?  First, everyone in the league when they sit a guy and don't want to make a big deal of it they say undisclosed injuries, flu, food poisoning & etc. So to me anyway, this gives credence to the theory that he never had the flu and were sitting him all along. Next - let's get serious about Paille, Seguin is the better player even if he had uncontrollable explosive  diarrhea. Watching from the press box will help??? Are you guys like 105 years old and have never heard of "game film"?  In your day did they have cave paintings portrayings the game or something??? Do you know they have computers, and video tape and ipods, and yes, even some areas have electric lights and flush toilets????

I don't like falling back on conspiracy-theory like explanations.  Just not my preference.

Given how mind-boggling the decision to sit Seguin would be strictly given a choice between Paille and Seguin, there are two alternative: Julien has no clue what he is doing, or there is more going on than we know about.  I doubt Julien would be employed this long if he couldn't explain these kinds of decisions to his bosses, so I presented a couple of possibilities for what might be influencing his decision.

Yes, of course there is game-film.  I suspect that is a completely different experience than watching a game live.  I don't think the brain absorbs screen-learning nearly as well as live-learning.  Plus there's no rewind.

Sections
Shortcuts