Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:
    In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : a tie?!?!?!?! A TIE?!?!?!!? A TIE!?!?!?!!?!???! That's like a tie between Tony Robbins and Phil Kessel in a public speaking motivation competition.
    Posted by BadHabitude

you need to relax badhab, your discourse has taken a turn for the worst. This isn't about who is the better player

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Look, you people just don't get it.  My unnatural affection for Seguin might even be beyond Stanley's affection for big Wheel.  No wait, I take that back, I don't think that's possible, but anyways you get the picture.

Sitting Seguin is a crime.  I'm screaming bloody murder.  I'm dialing 911 to see if the cops can put a stop to CJ.

I'm having a hard time typing and breathing into a paper bag at the same time.

Is there a doctor in the house???
    DrCC - can you write me a script for some valium???
    Aw screw it, who can forge a script for some hard core sedatives???

Let me get serious here for a second, what happened that Seguin should be benched?  Anybody see him blow off covering his man or not skating back at all or something?  What?  What did he do?  What has he not been doing?

Yes, there has been a little defensive slack, but not that much, stellar for a rookie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : I don't like falling back on conspiracy-theory like explanations.  Just not my preference. Given how mind-boggling the decision to sit Seguin would be strictly given a choice between Paille and Seguin, there are two alternative: Julien has no clue what he is doing, or there is more going on than we know about.  I doubt Julien would be employed this long if he couldn't explain these kinds of decisions to his bosses, so I presented a couple of possibilities for what might be influencing his decision. Yes, of course there is game-film.  I suspect that is a completely different experience than watching a game live.  I don't think the brain absorbs screen-learning nearly as well as live-learning.  Plus there's no rewind.
    Posted by DrCC

Oh, now we have the man on the grassy knoll.

Hey, if Tyler gets 15 minutes a game he can still watch the other 45 minutes from the bench, way better view than from the press box.

If the idea is to motivate Tyler, this should happen to a couple of other guys, too.

Talk a bout a rookie mistake that should have been punished, Marchand trying to dangle at center ice when he should have been dumping it in?  If my memory serves me right, they got scored on for that mistake.  Why didn't he sit?  That was a major sin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get'em BadHab!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Careful with the "Seguin needs a different perspective" angle or you'll be chumming for trolls.

I love a good conspiracy, BH, but if the flu was just a story, why isn't the story continued tonight?  Makes no sense to me.

Seggy Stardust is an incredibly talented player. Right now he's proof that success in the NHL requires more than elite talent.  If he sits tonight, it won't be the end of his world.  He's 18, so sure, he'll get frustrated.  He might pout.  Hopefully, he has the character to recognize that his first goal has to be to get back in the lineup.  Earn it, kid!  It's what you do, not what you are.

As for the Bruins, if anyone expects Seguin to be the difference between winning and losing tonight against one of the weakest teams Buffalo has iced in a long time, then they're expecting the Bruins to play a sub-par game they probably don't deserve to win anyway.  Last time I saw these Sabres live they couldn't complete an 8ft pass.  Miller's Miller, but they know how to beat him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe shocasing Paille for trade bait? Anyone? Buehler?
    Posted by bridgemanusa

So...Paille for the rights to Peterborough Petes LW Ricky Buehler?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

WHY NOT WHAT IS SEGUIN DOING OR DONE TO BE PLAYING REGULARY? HES BEEN LOST OUT THERE AND ALL YOU FOOLS GOING CRAZY THINKING WE WERE GETTING THIS SUPERSTAR....  MAYBE 2-3 YEARS HE WILL BE A REGULAR BUT TODAY PAILLE IS A BETTER CHOICE 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Careful with the "Seguin needs a different perspective" angle or you'll be chumming for trolls.

Damn you're good BB -- bruins8 just crawled out of the sewer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : Hey, if Tyler gets 15 minutes a game he can still watch the other 45 minutes from the bench, way better view than from the press box.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Actually, no.  What you lose at ice level is precisely perspective.  You can see the speed of the game, feel the force of the hits, hear the swearing, smell the equipment....  Much harder to see plays develop up the full sheet, to appreciate systems and positioning and how you can exploit that knowledge on offense.  Unless the team has special cameras up there, you're also not getting that perspective from video.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Any coach that doesn't field their best possible lineup every night does not deserve the privilege of coaching in any sport PERIOD regardless of who your opponent is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I am fine with giving Seguin a look from upstairs if it were warranted but I don't think he has done anything to see his spot taken up by the likes of Paille.  I could see if Caron or another worthy prospect was waiting in the wings but sitting out for Danny bleeping Paille?  I realize the game is in Buffalo and Paille is a Welland lad but at the end of the day his skillset doesn't compare to Seguin's and never will.  Maybe they are trying to take advantage of a possible spark Paille might get playing against the team that released him in hopes of driving up his trade value.  He had some good games against Buff last year so who knows.

Going to the game tonight and there is no debate who I would rather see in the B's lineup between these two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : So...Paille for the rights to Peterborough Petes LW Ricky Buehler?
    Posted by Bookboy007

I'd pull the trigger on that.  He is a shade too old to play in juniors, so I'm thinking give him a fake birth certificate and a new identity and a plane ticket to Kansas and get him into the witness protection program.  Everybody wins.  Especially if the witness protection program has a hockey team and they need somebody for their pk unit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

So from reading the comments, players should be man enough to take criticism from the fans but not the coach?

Seguins play hasn't been great lately, why not sit him. Not making the Canadian Junior team lit a fire under him, maybe this will too?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

funny how all the same posters stick with each other even though deep inside this is the wrong move.  julien did not say he is still recovering from the flu. this is a benching . is it really for the good when the replacement is paille ???
    bravo for the ones here thinking this is a dumb move. 
    i say bruins go to the shoot out. who will shoot ?
    or maybe tomorrow or friday when bruins go on a winning streak i will have to go hide in the cave in my backyard for a little while.
    darn and just as i passed 100 posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

WHY NOT WHAT IS SEGUIN DOING OR DONE TO BE PLAYING REGULARY? HES BEEN LOST OUT THERE AND ALL YOU FOOLS GOING CRAZY THINKING WE WERE GETTING THIS SUPERSTAR....  MAYBE 2-3 YEARS HE WILL BE A REGULAR BUT TODAY PAILLE IS A BETTER CHOICE 
    Posted by bruins8

Other than being the best shoot out guy on the Bruins?  And I could argue one of the best shoot out guys in the league.  Other than him being on pace for about 20 goals this year?  Paille is a minus 2 and Seguin and plus one.

How is it that Paille is the better player?

Better question, how is that I don't have you on ignore?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Master mind coaching decision beyond my comprehension."

this line alone is worth the price of this thread!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : Actually, no.  What you lose at ice level is precisely perspective.  You can see the speed of the game, feel the force of the hits, hear the swearing, smell the equipment....  Much harder to see plays develop up the full sheet, to appreciate systems and positioning and how you can exploit that knowledge on offense.  Unless the team has special cameras up there, you're also not getting that perspective from video.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I agree with this 100%. You just see things way differently when you watch the game from up top. To a player it must be like watching slow-motion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

1. There is already "talk" of Blues scouts at tonights game hence "trade" talk for "Buehler" (that's for you bookboy)
    2. Paille ALWAYS gets up for games against Buffalo and plays much better
    3. Seguin will ABSOLUTELY play tomorrow night against the much speedier Habs
    4. Savard is still struggling a bit so rather than have a rookie on his wing why not put (at least) a more seasoned veteran

I'm done (for now)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1. There is already "talk" of Blues scouts at tonights game hence "trade" talk for "Buehler" (that's for you bookboy) 2. Paille ALWAYS gets up for games against Buffalo and plays much better 3. Seguin will ABSOLUTELY play tomorrow night against the much speedier Habs 4. Savard is still struggling a bit so rather than have a rookie on his wing why not put (at least) a more seasoned veteran I'm done (for now)
    Posted by bridgemanusa

"seasoned veteran"  - I can't stop laughinng.  Seriously.  I can't.  "seasoned veteran" oh - that's a riot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : "seasoned veteran"  - I can't stop laughinng.  Seriously.  I can't.  "seasoned veteran" oh - that's a riot.
    Posted by BadHabitude

More so than an 18yr old with what, 20 games on his resume?  OK, so he is not Martk Recchi but certainly can be considered a "veteran". Or you are just wicked smaht and know better than everyone else.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : More so than an 18yr old with what, 20 games on his resume?  OK, so he is not Martk Recchi but certainly can be considered a "veteran". Or you are just wicked smaht and know better than everyone else.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Paille has been brutal thus far, but he did play an unusually excellent game last Saturday against Philly.  So, why not give him the start.  Especially if scouts are in the building in it gives the Bruins a better opportunity to trade him.  No worries, Buffalo s_cks anyways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He's played 279 games in the NHL, to put that in perspective Kessel has played 332 games.  True, he's had a few years in the league, but he still seems to have a lot to learn.

In my book a 'seasoned veteran' is someone with something like 500 games.

off the top of my head, Sturm yes, Ryder no, Ferrence yes, tuuka - certainly not, Chara Savard obviously yes, Krecji no, Lucic Wheels no.

When I think of 'seasoned veteran' I think of guys with like 7+ years in the NHL and more like 10 or more.

Maybe your definition is much different than mine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

CJ's pregame presser:
    http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/post/2327631374/listen-in-to-coach-juliens-pregame-comments-from

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

and now there are rumurs that st louis blues scouts r at the game. pls pls pls take paille.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

The only, ONLY excuse for playing Paille over Seguin would be if the Blues scouts were there and told PC "as long as Danielle does not Shlt himslef on the ice, we'll take him, and the 4 rolls of hockey tape are yours!"

I agree with BH 100%, I do not buy this "perspective" crapola, thats what film is for, there is no seat you can sit in that gives you on ice experience and gets you more chemistry with Savvy!

If Tyler sits over dan, I will kindly ask that Claude punches himself in the head untill he hears something moving around up there!

Sections
Shortcuts