Paille suspension blessing in disguise?...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

Paille suspension blessing in disguise?...

With Paille being suspended for 4 games, PC & CJ are FORCED to bring up a forward from Providence....something I think they should have done already. This means that in all likelihood....Hamil or Caron will be called up....finally. This, I believe will be a good thing...as both players have the potential to be higher than 4th line eventually....whereas Paille has had lots of opportunity...both here and in Buffalo to prove himself...safe to say that he is/will always be a 4th liner. This should be exciting because I'd expect whoever gets the call to play hard to win a spot....So although Paille did a "good" job filling in on the 4th....we may see some kids with a lot more potential...so....a blessing? thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Paille suspension blessing in disguise?...

Hamill was called up, apparently before the game even started.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

hamill was called up as a Savvy fill-in. Paille has been playing great the last few weeks and deserves to come back. If Claude ever stops lavishing praise on Thornton, who does give 120% of very limited skills, then a much more talented 4th line would be Wheeler, Campbell and Paille. Speed  to burn and good PK skills to disrupy opposing lines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

wouldn't wheeler/campbell/caron be even "speedier"...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Paille is a waste of a roster spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So your last forward is a PK player who has played up to the standards set for him.  Not a wasted spot.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Here ya go bhanlon156 and all Pallie haters. Pallie is out....Now we will see if his is a wasted roster spot or not. I sure hope the kids that get called up know how to play CJ's defensive system or they won't see much ice time. Oh right !  I forgot. The call ups will be too busy scoring goals to play defence.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks PC re-signed Paille last summer for a couple of reasons reward for his stellar play on the PK last season and just in case Campbell/Recchi/Marchand/Caron faltered. Think of the re-signing as 1.1Mil insurance that's a moveable contract easily.

Chiarelli knows Daniel isn't going to complain about ice time and Julien likes his veteran checkers who know there roll. Paille simply moved down the depth chart because the fore-mentioned forwards have not faltered (Caron was a PC cap management casualty) just like Stuart has been passed on the depth chart.

I don't have a problem with Paille because I don't expect goals from him as some do (idiotic) and when Daniel's forecheck is on his speed scares the bejezus out of defenders you can't teach his blazing speed.

Hamill and Caron should get there chances because they recently turned the corner in Providence with good strong play. I don't consider Paille being out a blessing.

Sections
Shortcuts