Paille's shorthanded goal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Paille's shorthanded goal

Possibly his best goal as a Bruin.

It has long seemed to me that he gets nervous the closer he gets to the opponent's goal.  His hands always seem to turn to stone when he crosses the offensive blue line.  His shorty happened so fast that he didn't have time to think about it.  He broke up the pass, circled back to the puck and threw it at the net all within a few seconds.  It makes me wonder if he does overthink his offensive game, and could be a much better player if he could get past that tendency. 

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Paille's shorthanded goal

Maybe.  I think that would get him back to scoring in the mid teens...maybe...but the other part of his offensive ineptitude is that he just throws the puck at the net.  Usually that means he either misses or hits the goalie square in the crest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He has brutal finish.  I agree that I think a lot of it is mental.  He actually has pretty good phyisical tools.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He scored 19 goals with the Sabres in 07-08, not sure who is linemates were or if he got PP time, but obviously there was some level of skill there at one time or another (after all he was picked 20th overall).  He would obviously need to earn a more prominent role on the team in order to see if he could do it again.  That probably won't happen here though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not sure why people don't like his play. He plays on the 4th line and he actually scores goals.  He plays with some physicality and plays sound D from the Wing as well.

It seems like every time people complain, he sits, then he comes back and has some instrumental impact on the win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

then i say we keep complaining, and watch the points add up! as well as the wins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

In Response to Re: Paille's shorthanded goal:
    He scored 19 goals with the Sabres in 07-08, not sure who is linemates were or if he got PP time, but obviously there was some level of skill there at one time or another (after all he was picked 20th overall).  He would obviously need to earn a more prominent role on the team in order to see if he could do it again.  That probably won't happen here though.
    Posted by hangnail

I agree, take a look a his #'s in junior.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2909

I like this kids game. He is speedy, reponsible, and physical. He will go to the dirty areas and take a hit to make a play. His salary is fine with me at 1.1 mill. his effort is always there and he's a team guy that understands his role.

yay for paille

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't expect goals from Paille and Campbell it's not their job but if they do throw in some goals it's a bonus. The less the 4th line is on the ice the better so my expectations of a checker who's ice time is about 9 minutes a game is too not let the other team score.

As we know the reason Daniel is here is last fall the Bruins PK was lousy so Asst GM Jim Benning recommended him. What I've noticed is when Paille is out of the lineup the PK is mediocre so he should start in the playoffs because the other half of special teams is lousy and Ryder can't play the PK.

Again goals from Paille in those 9 minutes is bonus nothing more should be expected except stellar PK play which he does quite often.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The B's PK needs to pick it up. That's one area that needs to tighten up. It really should be a top notch unit, and for some reason, it isn't.

Seems odd since they have good people on draws like Bergeron, Peverley, Kelly and Campbell to help keep possession.

Plus, with Thomas, I just don't see why they've been so mediocre here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Paille's shorthanded goal:
    Idon't expect goals from Paille and Campbell it's not their jobbut if they do throw in some goals it's a bonus. The less the 4th line is on the ice the better so my expectations of a checker who's ice time is about 9 minutes a game is too not let the other team score. As we know the reason Daniel is here is last fall the Bruins PK was lousy so Asst GM Jim Benning recommended him. What I've noticed is when Paille is out of the lineup the PK is mediocre so he should start in the playoffs because the other half of special teams is lousy and Ryder can't play the PK. Again goals from Paille in those 9 minutes is bonus nothing more should be expected except stellar PK play which he does quite often.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

This is not the case on a championship team.  You need four lines that can score.  You never know who is cold on any given day.  If you rely on 3 line you are limiting the teams potential.  I want way more from any line than to go out there hoping the opposition doesn't score on me. I remember Richards quote after the Cup finals last year.  He was asked what the difference was and he said "they had four lines we had three".  I want 4 lines.  I don't care who is called #1 or #4.  It doesn't matter.  Whoever is generating the most gets the most minutes.  If it is Pialle and Campbell so be it.  They need to generate offense. 

Sections
Shortcuts