Panic Button

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Panic Button

No need to set any alarms off quite yet. But the games we should win recently the Bruins have taken pretty lightly. Begs a couple of questions from the fans. Just one observation last nights game was painful to watch. I was bored and uninspired and should never feel that way. So is right now we give them the credit that sometimes you have an off night? Or is it that they still do not know how to handle success like what was seen in the begining of the season? Or are these signs of some underlying problems we do not see or hear about? I don't know and I am not panicing but it begs asking the question whats up boys? Day off to figure it out and get their head of their a s s might be good...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Panic Button

after 1 loss? seriously? This team, like every team will have some highs and lows, though I suspect after their sluggish start and how ell built this team is, barring injuries to key players there will be more highs than lows. Certainly no reason to start mentioning a panic button.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yup, very uninspired effort from the Bruins. That's going to happen every now and then in an 82 game regular season.

Panic? No. The deflections all seemed to go Carolina's way last night. Just one bounce goes the other way and the B's win. Not too bad for a half-hearted effort.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

It's also a match-up thing. For whatever reason, the Bruins have had trouble with the Canes for a few years now. Do the Bruins have the ability to beat them? Of course. But give credit where it's due: The Canes, and Staal in particular, do a good job of causing a match-up problem for the B's. Their forecheck especially.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

B's are in 2nd position in the Eastern Conference, and have the 2nd best Points/GP% in the league (also behind the Rangers).

- #1 in the NHL in Goals/Game @ 3.58
    - #1 in the NHL in Goals Allowed/Game @ 1.95
    - #1 in the NHL in Goal Differential @ +69
    - #7 in the NHL in PK%
    - #14 in the NHL in PP%
    - Home: 16-7-1
    - Road: 12-5-0

Panic?  Nope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

No. Not panic. And to be truthful, the Habs game (which I actually got to watch), was not a stellar game for the Bruins. If it wasn't for the great goaltending of TT, the Bruins would be in a 2 game skid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Just want to be clear I am not in panic...I agree with all your opinions. The articles have been written and thought is worth talking about and bringing up a discussion on the lows and how they are handling their success sometimes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Panic Button:
    It's also a match-up thing. For whatever reason, the Bruins have had trouble with the Canes for a few years now. Do the Bruins have the ability to beat them? Of course. But give credit where it's due: The Canes, and Staal in particular, do a good job of causing a match-up problem for the B's. Their forecheck especially.
    Posted by Tommy617

Well said.  Perhaps there's also a healthy amount of confidence within Carolina's dressing room due to the reasons you mention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

I don't know what Chiarelli is thinking. Why hasn't he made a trade yet? This team needs something, and they need it soon. Absolutely pathetic. **sarcasm**

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Three games, three loses this season against the distant sons of the Forever .500s. Good thing they won't make the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

3 of the 12 losses vs. the Hurricanes.  bad matchup for Bruins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Something for the coaches to keep an eye on, you don't want complacency to creep in.  They are good, but everyone needs to remember they are not the 80's Oilers or the 70's Habs.  They are dominating but are not dominant.  They need to make sure their A game is around for the playoffs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

The bad thing was the point they threw away by not forcing OT in this uninspiring effort. I know those were flucky goals, but that point may come back to haunt them as they battle NY for number 1 in the East and No 1 overall vs Van/Chicago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Says allot about Ottawa even after the Bruins had that incredible run the Sens have played within reach of the Bs. One thing I've noticed that has hurt is the PP once again has gone south.

I agree Scooter if i'm on the coaching staff I'd make the Bs watch all of the Canes losses this year, this is how not to play.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Its been said before. 82 games, cant win them all and wont play your best hockey in all of them either. Just really need to keep the sight on the prize and thats the playoffs. Of course things will pick up the last dozen or so games in the season. The play always does, do to teams fighting to get in and teams wanting to hold on to home ice advantage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I agree with Crowls once again, SanDog too.  Numerically speaking, the Bs started off 3 and 7.  If the Bs were to start 6 and 4, the debate would be moot on a loss in Carolina.  Carolina has some decent players like as mentioned Stall, and an excellent goalie in Ward.  They seem to hem in the less mobile Bs defenseman the other night, yup forecheck like Tommy617 stated.  Lastly, real hockey begins in the middle of the season for so many reasons.  Parity, playoff positioning, players seeking contracts, coaching changes (Carolina), etc. except for Montreal..... how do you say free falling in french.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

no panic, just pay attention to the details. No one is hurt. although Peverly does not , as yet, have his game back. Pouliot tries, but he does not have the same instinctive play that Marchand has developed with Bergeron and Seguin. Not happy about Thornton being quoted as saying ' some guys are not playing as hard as they can". Thorny's lucky to be playin at all, and should avoid quotes that can be misunderstood. There is still a weakness on defense, where Corvo prefers to be offensively agressive, and often forgets to be defensive at all, or even skate hard to get back. other teams have scouted the Bruins, and identify potential weaknesses and try to exploit them, like , when on the road, putting their top line out against the Bruins 4th line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

no panic, just pay attention to the details. No one is hurt. although Peverly does not , as yet, have his game back. Pouliot tries, but he does not have the same instinctive play that Marchand has developed with Bergeron and Seguin. Not happy about Thornton being quoted as saying ' some guys are not playing as hard as they can". Thorny's lucky to be playin at all, and should avoid quotes that can be misunderstood. There is still a weakness on defense, where Corvo prefers to be offensively agressive, and often forgets to be defensive at all, or even skate hard to get back. other teams have scouted the Bruins, and identify potential weaknesses and try to exploit them, like , when on the road, putting their top line out against the Bruins 4th line.
    Posted by bogie6

Not sure I"d need a team of scouts to tell me that one Bogie.  Smile

Thornton see's himself as a leader on this team, which I guess gives him some latitude with those comments.  I'd really like to know who he's referring to.  I've seen some sporadic lazy plays but nothing that jumps out at you. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Another article in the Globe though further begs the questions to be asked..and after the start we had we would be foolish NOT to ASK the Tough questions at tough times. I have read more posts about trades and that sickens me a bit lately since this may be one of the best Bruins teams in history but they still need to get there act together wins loses/ highs or lows/ stats or guts...just start being competitive every night guys it will pay off later.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

1. THe Bruins have been by far the most dominant team in the league thus far. 2. There is no reason to think that they can't sustain that level of play. But, 3. Now, the league enters crunch time, and a lot of teams will elevate their game to make a playoff push. 4. As long as the Bs are aware - and I'm sure they are - that the difference between a 1st seed and an 8th seed can come down to single digit points in a league of parity, they will be in good shape for a top 3 seed...at least. We know Pesdient's Trophies - and even home ice advantage - mean squat, but as long as they are taking it to opponents like they have come April, they are the favorite.  No question about it. Just go out and play with the hunger, swagger, and fun that has gotten them to do the amazing thing they have done for a good 2+ months now. And stay healthy!
    Posted by ipot

I'm sure the Rangers, Blackhawks and even Canucks would beg to differ with you on that first point. Yes they've been good but let's not kid ourselves, they got off to a lackluster start and have shown that yes, they can lose. The NHL has about six teams that could handle the B's in a late-round playoff series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Posted by Tommy617

Good point, and please, not that stupid panic talk. No team is on EVERY night, and though no one on the B's would use it as an excuse, they miss the Little Weasel, who continues to sit out thanks to the dumbest 5 game suspension imaginable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Panic Button : I'm sure the Rangers, Blackhawks and even Canucks would beg to differ with you on that first point. Yes they've been good but let's not kid ourselves, they got off to a lackluster start and have shown that yes, they can lose. The NHL has about six teams that could handle the B's in a late-round playoff series.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

Those teams can dispute it all they'd like but the numbers don't lie. 1st in goals for and against. Who are these 6 teams you think "could handle" the Champs?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Prior to this game, I was gonna start a discussion that this is the best Bruins team I think I have ever had the pleasure to watch (including last year.) I can imagine the jeers had I gone through with it (but I still think so.)

Sections
Shortcuts