Pastrnak To Make The Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Pastrnak To Make The Bruins?

Not sure what this says?  On the one hand, perhaps recognition that this kid has some special skills.  On the other, an 18 year-old 170lb kid drafted in the bottom-half of the 1st Round has an outside chance of making the team, potentially leap-frogging what are supposed to be solid NHL prospects.

Could also be some public posturing by PC?  Maybe working on some trades or contracts, signaling that he has options?

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2014/07/pastrnak_gives_bruins_reason_for_pause

This line jumped out from the article:

Since Chiarelli joined the B’s, he’s had four teenagers play for the big club — forwards Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic and Tyler Seguin and defenseman Dougie Hamilton. Only Kessel and Seguin made the club in their draft years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Pastrnak To Make The Bruins?

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/haggerty-pastrnak-may-be-quick-answer-bruins" rel="nofollow">http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/haggerty-pastrnak-may-be-quick-answer-bruins

Looks promising....more competition.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

Considering PC's draft history, this sounds like him pumping his own tires!

Formerly "hangnail"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This would be great.  If this guy makes the team and stays up for the season and doesn't go all Spooner or Caron on us, Chiarelli is off the hook for drafting garbage recently.

It's possible.  

What is says about the others is not clear.  Maybe that they're just not going to be NHL players, or maybe they need a lower bar for entry.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This would be great !

Put him with Krejci and Lucic.

Realistically, training camp should be a better indicator on whether he is close to being an NHL player. 

Playing against development players made him stand out from the rest. 

Will he look as good against NHL players ? We'll see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Seems like idle chatter from PC. Of course he has a shot of making the team out of camp but perhaps he should first attend one?

I'm with NAS though. If the kid does make it, I will no longer bust PC's balls with regard to his drafting

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Seems like idle chatter from PC. Of course he has a shot of making the team out of camp but perhaps he should first attend one?

I'm with NAS though. If the kid does make it, I will no longer bust PC's balls with regard to his drafting

What if any of the drafted PBruins make the team out of camp ? Same scenario ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Should all things remain the same by camp there are 2 forward spots available of course. May the best two baby B's win. I am of the opinion though that those that display solid play in the D zone will win out. Hence why I am thinking Florek and Fraser over Spooner and Koko. But, camp will ultimately prove everyone's worth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At camp I've seen Joe Thornton, Patrice and Lucic.  It was very obvious they were NHL ready.

On day one of camp Pastrnak was minimally better, and in the same category as Ryan Donato and Grycelcyk.

No.  Not anywhere near NHL ready IMO.

Then again, it was only one day and the articles said day 1 was his worst playing in borrowed equipment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hence why I am thinking Florek and Fraser over Spooner and Koko. 

[/QUOTE]

Three out of your four options are Bruins draft picks. 

Not bad..... huh ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was wondering if this was in Chiarelli's head the moment I saw that praise of Pasternak saying he was an effective and flashy penalty killer.  It suggests his defensive game may be mature enough.  Maybe.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

At camp I've seen Joe Thornton, Patrice and Lucic.  It was very obvious they were NHL ready.

On day one of camp Pastrnak was minimally better, and in the same category as Ryan Donato and Grycelcyk.

No.  Not anywhere near NHL ready IMO.

Then again, it was only one day and the articles said day 1 was his worst playing in borrowed equipment.

If he was playing in borrowed equipment I would just pretend day 1 didn't happen for him. That makes a big difference 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Really?  No...not really!

It's an entertaining thought, but it's not going to happen.  I'd be happy to see him do well enough in camp that they keep him for 6-7 games before sending him to Sweden.  And in those games, I'd like to see him contribute something tangible and not simply "not look out of place".  If that happens, I'll be very pleased.  If it doesn't, I won't be particularly disappointed.

PC is a weird dude sometimes.  Warsofsky is an NHL defenseman.  Kaberle is the answer to the offense.  Let's chase Edler's 30-year contract....  I think he's still convinced Zach Hamill and Jordan Caron could be impact NHL players if they'd just apply themselves.

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This would be great !

Put him with Krejci and Lucic.

Realistically, training camp should be a better indicator on whether he is close to being an NHL player. 

Playing against development players made him stand out from the rest. 

Will he look as good against NHL players ? We'll see.

I think this could be similar to using smith with bergie marchand.  And i think its a great idea.  I believe that lucic and dk are good and can pull that line...i actually dont mind running into the season with some youth cracking the lineup.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Allvenskan isn't even the best of the two Swedish senior hockey leagues. But an 18 year old, Pastrnak is going to jump past some players that have done well in the proving ground...the AHL. Not buying it. Took a while for Soderberg to score 30 in Sweden.

Silly PC!

College Hockey defenseman Rule!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Should all things remain the same by camp there are 2 forward spots available of course. May the best two baby B's win. I am of the opinion though that those that display solid play in the D zone will win out. Hence why I am thinking Florek and Fraser over Spooner and Koko. But, camp will ultimately prove everyone's worth.

If he has it, do it. PC and the rest of us could be dead tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hence why I am thinking Florek and Fraser over Spooner and Koko. 

Three out of your four options are Bruins draft picks. 

Not bad..... huh ?

Very little choice at this point....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Seems like a ridiculous idea to me.  Kid's barely played against top notch competition, never played 'North American hockey', weighs 165 pounds, and loves to toe-drag across the middle.

Maybe have him take the path of his hero David Krejci on the development path.  Get bigger, play a little AHL hockey, then come knocking.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its not going to happen,slow summer day's lead to overly optimistic comments.I'm sure he'll go to the main camp and when all is said and done PC will say that the B's were very pleased with his play and that his future is bright,but he will be better served to put on 15 to 20 lbs and play light's out over in Sweden,we'll see him next year. 

Florek,Fraser,Spooner,Camara or any of the other P-Bruins have a better chance than Pastrnak,PC can dream all he wants.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Seems like a ridiculous idea to me.  Kid's barely played against top notch competition, never played 'North American hockey', weighs 165 pounds, and loves to toe-drag across the middle.

Maybe have him take the path of his hero David Krejci on the development path.  Get bigger, play a little AHL hockey, then come knocking.

That's the kicker. 

I hope this kid pans out but to say on raw talent he could get a chance to play right wind AND with Krejci and Lucic is ludicrous .  Bruins have not had a late draft pick jump from being picked to Bruins lineup since Bergeron.

Besides, Eriksson must play on that 1st line.  It's important for management and the team to see where they stand with Louie.  If he does not fulfill his duty as a 1st line (even 2ndline) winger PC must do something on/before the trade deadline if they are to compete for a cup in the post season.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well...this isn't exactly 50's point, but there is also the Roger Waters-esque "What PC wants, PC gets, PC help us all...".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Bruins have not had a late draft pick jump from being picked to Bruins lineup since Bergeron.

[/QUOTE]

Do you realize how many teams fall into the same category ?

This is not just an organizational issue............it falls under the league wide category.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Well...this isn't exactly 50's point, but there is also the Roger Waters-esque "What PC wants, PC gets, PC help us all...".

Speaking of slow summer days,there's a new Pink floyd album coming out Book,that being said maybe Pastrnak will hit the B's main camp and we'll all be singing " shine on you crazy diamond" ! 

[object HTMLDivElement]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

slow summer day's lead to overly optimistic comments

When did this start happening ?

Before or after the Clone Wars ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

The kid has skill without a doubt. He was highly rated in the draft. I haven't seen him play and only BHab has seen him play on the 1st day of camp. Like PC said in the article, he has plenty of benchmarks at which to evaluate the kid before (and 9 games into) the season.

173 pounds? 19? Ya never know...

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

• Sections
    Shortcuts