Pastrnak To Make The Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Pastrnak To Make The Bruins?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When did this start happening ?

Before or after the Clone Wars ?

[/QUOTE]

After.....by imperial fiat from our Sith overlords.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Does anyone else think he will have the same opportunity as Florek,Fraser and Spooner to make the big club? The fact that you can look at him for 10 games then decide certainly helps his case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

slow summer day's lead to overly optimistic comments [/QUOTE]

When did this start happening ?

Before or after the Clone Wars ?

[/QUOTE]
    After the Deathstar got blown up!!

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

"Amused to death" with the Water's remark.  (Jeff Beck overtures are awesom btw).  You are too young for the appreciation me thinks.  Anyhoo, Pastrnak is what he is a scorer.  If he plays defense then why not let him prove himself with a Spooner of KOKO puffs.  I would like to believe in PCs draft picks, but then again I look at Chicago and sigh.  Please make the dream come true on the "forwards" thinking.    

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well...this isn't exactly 50's point, but there is also the Roger Waters-esque "What PC wants, PC gets, PC help us all...".

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Amused to death" with the Water's remark.  (Jeff Beck overtures are awesom btw).  You are too young for the appreciation me thinks.  Anyhoo, Pastrnak is what he is a scorer.  If he plays defense then why not let him prove himself with a Spooner of KOKO puffs.  I would like to believe in PCs draft picks, but then again I look at Chicago and sigh.  Please make the dream come true on the "forwards" thinking.    

[QUOTE]

Well...this isn't exactly 50's point, but there is also the Roger Waters-esque "What PC wants, PC gets, PC help us all...".

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Isla, the Hawks spent a long stretch of time playing miserable hockey to draft many of their stars. Between 2004-08 they drafted 3rd,7th,3rd,1st,and 11th. Even then, they didn't exactly hit with Skille and Beach at 7 and 11. Keith was a great pick at #54 in 2002. It's sort of like how the Bruins got Bergeron at #45 a year later or how they got Krejci a year after that at #63. As far as NHL franchises go, the Bruins have done as good a job as almost anyone at drafting most of their nucleus.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I will give you Saad, but Shaw, Bickell, Kruger are my thoughts.  I hope Koko, Spooner, even "Boris" Dr. Zhivago will turn the tide for the Bs.  That is what I am thinking.  

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Isla, the Hawks spent a long stretch of time playing miserable hockey to draft many of their stars. Between 2004-08 they drafted 3rd,7th,3rd,1st,and 11th. Even then, they didn't exactly hit with Skille and Beach at 7 and 11. Keith was a great pick at #54 in 2002. It's sort of like how the Bruins got Bergeron at #45 a year later or how they got Krejci a year after that at #63. As far as NHL franchises go, the Bruins have done as good a job as almost anyone at drafting most of their nucleus.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Well then I'll add Lucic and Marchand and call it a day. Cheers!

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Pastrnak hasn’t always shown the intensity to be a player in big games. Can handle the rough stuff, but too much of it turns him into a bit of a perimeter player. His still undersized frame doesn’t help that situation. Also tends to make poor decisions in trying to make the ‘super’ pass. Can also be physically slowed down in corners and held behind the play. Defensive zone coverage is clearly not a passion of his. He also has times where he seems more concentrated on deking out defenders than actually making a simple, effective play. Still has a ways to go before being a playmaker of sorts, even if he traditionally gathers more assists than goals.

Relax guys ....Spooner didnt even get a real chance last season despite his 11 points in 23 games with thr BRUINS

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In 346 games (junior and AHL included) Ryan Spooner got 369 points but it still not enough to get a chance with the BRUINS.....go figure !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

It simply makes me sick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It simply makes me sick

[/QUOTE]

Now you know how we all feel about reading your posts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Pastrnak hasn’t always shown the intensity to be a player in big games. Can handle the rough stuff, but too much of it turns him into a bit of a perimeter player. His still undersized frame doesn’t help that situation. Also tends to make poor decisions in trying to make the ‘super’ pass. Can also be physically slowed down in corners and held behind the play. Defensive zone coverage is clearly not a passion of his. He also has times where he seems more concentrated on deking out defenders than actually making a simple, effective play. Still has a ways to go before being a playmaker of sorts, even if he traditionally gathers more assists than goals.

[/QUOTE]

Hockey's Future copy and paste ?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/david-pastrnak/" rel="nofollow">http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/david-pastrnak/

Here's the paragraph above what you posted.

Pastrnak is an exciting offensive player hailing from the Czech Republic who has flair and loves to be dangerous. He thrives in situations where he can carry the puck and dish it off when he feels fit. Also tends to be strongest when incorporating an east-west game while on the attack. In the offensive zone, he does like to lug the puck and fake passes and shots while searching for just the right moment to make the killer play. Maintains good control of the puck and can use his body well in protecting it. Is very agile in making his twists and turns, especially when he has the puck, and isn’t afraid to try a number of things as part of the attack. Very good hands and craftiness once he has the puck, he also likes to hound opposition players, especially defensemen, in forcing turnovers, ready to pounce on them in hopes of creating two-on-one or breakaway situations. In addition, his shot has improved in leaps and bounds since coming to Sweden and can be lethal from all over, particularly when using opponents as a screen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In 346 games (junior and AHL included) Ryan Spooner got 369 points but it still not enough to get a chance with the BRUINS.....go figure !

[/QUOTE]

You're making me re-think my wants for Spooner to get a chance to stick with the big club.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

here is an interesting article talking about Pastrnak.  Its interesting because you have his coach from the past two years commenting on his ability.   I haven't seen him play so I am going to withhold judgement until training camp when he has to step up against some pretty big boys.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/dj-bean/2014/07/14/exploring-david-pastrnaks-small-chance-making-bruins

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He just signed an entry level contract . He'll show off his skills at camp. Congrats !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

While I enjoy your camp reports, your statement that Joe "Ankle Boil" Thornton was NHL ready in '97 makes me question your judgement.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At camp I've seen Joe Thornton, Patrice and Lucic.  It was very obvious they were NHL ready.

On day one of camp Pastrnak was minimally better, and in the same category as Ryan Donato and Grycelcyk.

No.  Not anywhere near NHL ready IMO.

Then again, it was only one day and the articles said day 1 was his worst playing in borrowed equipment.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think PC talking praise about him just means that he's proud of the pick.  I think it also means they aren't signing any big FA's, which we know anyway because they have no cap space.

If Pasternak makes the team, all it says is he's a really good and mature prospect and that the Bruins don't have the cap space to sign a proven scorer.  It doesn't really say much about the other prospects.

I don't think he'll make the team this year though.  Spooner and Koko have been really productive thus far in the AHL and now is there time.  Spooner in particular.  If DP does make it though... that would be really exciting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Simply being a right handed shooting forward in the organization is gonna give him an advantage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

This excerpt is from NHL.com. Nothing earthshaking here. Watching the third line will be interesting next year whether or NOT Dr. Zhivago will make the team. 

"He'll come to camp now and he'll get the experience of a training camp, get some [exhibition] games," Chiarelli said. "He had a terrific development camp. Everyone was talking about him. He's a good young player, just 18 years old. He's a player that … it's well-documented we're looking for skill and speed and he fits that bill but let's not put the cart before the horse. I think we were fortunate to get him where we got him. He had a terrific camp and we'll go from there."

"Don't judge me monkey" 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Not only Spooner becomes automatically the fastest BRUINS skater....but one of the top 5 in the NHL ...He should get an easy 55 points at his first real season and will become one of the fans favorite player .....surprised ??   DUH !   I have been posting all year long that he wasted a full season in the AHL .....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I enjoy your camp reports, your statement that Joe "Ankle Boil" Thornton was NHL ready in '97 makes me question your judgement.

[QUOTE]

That was a long time ago...  but give me the other ones.  Also Hamilton looked much better than everyone else his first camp.

In the meantime, this kid signed an EL contract, good for him.  I'm curious to see if it is the same guy I saw on day one, from the articles it sounds like day 1 was his worst.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! That was "only" 17 years ago BadHab.....totally contemporary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ha! That was "only" 17 years ago BadHab.....totally contemporary.

[/QUOTE]

Yikes.  I've been playing pickup with the same guys for 20 years. I'm still a "newcomer"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Senior Citizens league? :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

long time ago...  but give me the other ones. 

[/QUOTE]

Very tempting................... but I'll leave it at.......... I appreciate the fabulous annual Badhab Development Camp reports.

I think it's great that you show interest in wanting to see the prospects instead of writing them off as " garbage " as some do.