Pastrnak To Make The Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: Pastrnak To Make The Bruins?

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not only Spooner becomes automatically the fastest BRUINS skater....but one of the top 5 in the NHL ...He should get an easy 55 points at his first real season and will become one of the fans favorite player .....surprised ??   DUH !   I have been posting all year long that he wasted a full season in the AHL .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

It is not a waste of time if he is growing, developing his hockey skills and learning how to be a professional.

It also doesn't help him that he has a contract with a talented big club that perennially makes the playoffs and can challenge for the ECF and SCF. Not much room up there and he has to be patient.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's great that you show interest in wanting to see the prospects instead of writing them off as " garbage " as some do. 

[/QUOTE]

It really must be hard for you each day.  I cannot imagine spending so much time thinking about another man as you do thinking about me.

So damn creepy.

I have to tell you, I'm a lot older than your usual desires.  My pre-driver's license days are well past.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE] I think it's great that you show interest in wanting to see the prospects instead of writing them off as " garbage " as some do. [/QUOTE]

When the draft picks do make it the excuse will be "they didn't make it fast enough".

Charlie Brown teachers n grown ups "Wah wah, wah wah wah".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Some people just hate prospects. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I loathe them....worse than scum!! They should have never been invented!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet or not. Its five minutes of Pastrnak highlights.  Definitely looks like he has good vision and is not afraid to play a physical game. There weren't many goals shown in the hightlights but some nice passes.  Not sure he would get away with some of the moves he was trying against NHL defenceman, but watching his progress at the Bruins training camp should be interesting. 

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2014/7/14/5897047/bruins-development-camp-impressions

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to no1bruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

here is an interesting article talking about Pastrnak.  Its interesting because you have his coach from the past two years commenting on his ability.   I haven't seen him play so I am going to withhold judgement until training camp when he has to step up against some pretty big boys.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/dj-bean/2014/07/14/exploring-david-pastrnaks-small-chance-making-bruins" rel="nofollow">http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/dj-bean/2014/07/14/exploring-david-pastrnaks-small-chance-making-bruins

[/QUOTE]

No need to wait. Just chime in with your gospel opinion now...regardless of whether you've seen him or not. I know that model works well for "some" posters on here.

Actually, feel bad for calling them out as copy/pasters. Perhaps these prodigious prognosticators all have the Hockey Allsvenskan channel on cable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Do to player hype and scouting inexperience at the time the Thornton call gets a bye.  I'll say that like Hamilton your skills have progressed nicely since your debut.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I enjoy your camp reports, your statement that Joe "Ankle Boil" Thornton was NHL ready in '97 makes me question your judgement.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was a long time ago...  but give me the other ones.  Also Hamilton looked much better than everyone else his first camp.

In the meantime, this kid signed an EL contract, good for him.  I'm curious to see if it is the same guy I saw on day one, from the articles it sounds like day 1 was his worst.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't like judging a player on a highlight reel, but he clearly looked excellent and a step above his peers in those clips.

In response to no1bruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet or not. Its five minutes of Pastrnak highlights.  Definitely looks like he has good vision and is not afraid to play a physical game. There weren't many goals shown in the hightlights but some nice passes.  Not sure he would get away with some of the moves he was trying against NHL defenceman, but watching his progress at the Bruins training camp should be interesting. 

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2014/7/14/5897047/bruins-development-camp-impressions" rel="nofollow">http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2014/7/14/5897047/bruins-development-camp-impressions

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I think more attention needs to be put on the likes of spooner and company, which appear to be at this moment, caron fails, It is time for these players to step up now, or be shipped out. You have to winder if PC is cooking up some sort of a deal for futures, with the way they are cap strapped over the next few years, maybe its time to make the right choices now for the future. There are a couple of unanwered questions we wont see until training camp and a month into the season , in all honesty PC could very well be jobless soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know, right?  The writers for Sons of Anarchy treat the prospects like they used to treat red shirts on Star Trek....
    [object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do to player hype and scouting inexperience at the time the Thornton call gets a bye.  I'll say that like Hamilton your skills have progressed nicely since your debut.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure his prospect in report c. 1997 read: needs to get shorter, fatter.

[object HTMLDivElement]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The writers for Sons of Anarchy treat the prospects like they used to treat red shirts on Star Trek....

[/QUOTE]

Those red Shirts knew what the risks were when they signed up......probably

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know anyone who hates prospects.  I do know some who know the history of the draft and don't expect much from any player taken.  Then there are the others who read some stuff, watch a few videos and think any pick is going to be a full time NHLer.  

Most prospects fail.  Having a circle jerk each time some pick is mentioned is for fools.  

Kirill Kabanov comes to mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think more attention needs to be put on the likes of spooner and company, which appear to be at this moment, caron fails, It is time for these players to step up now, or be shipped out. You have to winder if PC is cooking up some sort of a deal for futures, with the way they are cap strapped over the next few years, maybe its time to make the right choices now for the future. There are a couple of unanwered questions we wont see until training camp and a month into the season , in all honesty PC could very well be jobless soon.

[/QUOTE]

I honestly cannot fathom how you can think this.  Two teams in the whole of the NHL have been better where it matters in the last 5 years - getting to and winning the Cup  finals.  The Bruins have rolled a significant number of young players into the lineup; they've gone to the Finals with two different goalies; they are only "cap strapped" because of the creativity PC has shown in trying to build the best possible lineup, and next year, they have a challenge because one of his long term roster gambles paid off in spades with Soderberg.  Look around the league and tell me how many teams have a 28 yr old 3rd line C who could score close to 80% of what the 1st line C scores.

On Paper they are taking a step back in how aggressive they can afford to be in building the roster.  They're not signing high priced proven commodities, but guess what?  The level of uncertainty about the roster this year might be lower than last year.  Last year, no one knew how Eriksson would do replacing Seguin; no one knew how well Iginla, who had a less-than-dominating tenure in Pittsburg, would replace Horton; the third line was Chris Kelly and two players with a combined 30 something games of NHL experience.  The D had a bunch of kids with almost no experience battling for 2 of 6 spots, and the backup goalie wasn't good enough to cut it elsewhere.  This year, no one knows how Eriksson will do replacing Iginla on the top line, but we have a pretty good idea how Smith fits on the second line.  We know Soderberg will be on the third line, maybe with Kelly, so either there are two proven commodities vs. just one last year, or the one proven commodity is the more highly skilled Soderberg over the savvy but rockhanded Kelly.  The Clown is gone.  The D is a perceived strength that goes 8 deep with players people are comfortable seeing in the lineup and a pretty consistent mix of hard players and skilled players.  Hamilton and Krug look like they still have some pretty impressive room to grow.  Rask is a Vezina winner.  Svedberg has years in the system now and looked good in his callup.

So, again, the proof will be in the way the season plays out.  Last year, it played out pretty well until the last two games of the second round.  No way I can look at the starting position this year and think it should cost PC his job.  That's how you become a loser organization quickly.

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE] The writers for Sons of Anarchy treat the prospects like they used to treat red shirts on Star Trek....[/QUOTE]

Those red Shirts knew what the risks were when they signed up......probably [/QUOTE]

There must have been like 20 Ensign Johnson's. As soon as they beamed down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron effect sheds it's prospective shadow every year. I am ver positive on prospects, I hope I am wrong on the "forward" thinking. Pasternak will give the third line a boost in competition. 

"Don't judge me monkey" 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

David Pastrnak
    Ryan Donato
    Danton Heinen
    Anders Bjork
    Emil Johansson

Linus Arnesson
    Peter Cehlarik
    Ryan Fitzgerald
    Wiley Sherman
    Anton Blidh
    Mitchell Dempsey

Malcolm Subban
    Matthew Grzelcyk
    Seth Griffith
    Cody Payne
    Matthew Benning
    Colton Hargrove

(fr Tor) Dougie Hamilton *
    (From MIN) Alexander Khokhlachev
    (From PHX) Anthony Camara
    Brian Ferlin
    Rob O'Gara
    Lars Volden

(From TOR) Tyler Seguin*
    (From TOR) Jared Knight
    Ryan Spooner
    (From CAR) Craig Cunningham
    Justin Florek
    Zane Gothberg
    Maxim Chudinov
    (From CHI) Zach Trotman

Jordan Caron x*
    Ryan Button
    (From PHI) Lane MacDermid
    Tyler Randell
    Ben Sexton

Joe Colborne *
    Max Sauve
    Michael Hutchinson *
    (From CBJ) Jamie Arniel
    (From ANA) Nick Tremblay
    Mark Goggin

Zach Hamilx
    (From CHI)
    (From STL) Denis Reul
    Alain Goulet
    (From CGY) Radim Ostrcil
    Jordan Knackstedt

Phil Kessel *
    Yury Alexandrov
    (From EDM) Milan Lucic L *
    (From PHX) Brad Marchand*
    Andrew Bodnarchuk
    Levi Nelson

This is PC's picks since 2006. Take away the * players, how many of these will make the Bs roster ?. or anyone elses ? His drafting is not as good as it seems, especially when those who do make it, he trades away, only the kessell deal seems not to be a bust, the seguin deal, well this year will know for sure. Its listed that PC;s best deals were signed savard, traded for boychuk, recchi, kelly. seids. rask and signed chara in 2006. hard to argue that but he has himself in a position he cant make any deals this year without subtracting a top player in which he wont.  I dont see this team fairing as well this year and i hope i am wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's great that you show interest in wanting to see the prospects instead of writing them off as " garbage " as some do. 

[/QUOTE]

It really must be hard for you each day.  I cannot imagine spending so much time thinking about another man as you do thinking about me.

So damn creepy.

I have to tell you, I'm a lot older than your usual desires.  My pre-driver's license days are well past.

[/QUOTE]

How ironic !

Mention one word ..............." garbage " ........... and looks who shows up with a post worthy of the word. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I loathe them....worse than scum!! They should have never been invented!!

[/QUOTE]

Bingo !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Most prospects fail.  Having a circle jerk each time some pick is mentioned is for fools.  

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Scrap the circle jerk. That's for fools. 

Let's all act like a p+ssed off housewife ( you ) whose husband ( PC ) has come home late. 

Grumble.....grumble......grumble

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

David Pastrnak
    Ryan Donato
    Danton Heinen
    Anders Bjork
    Emil Johansson

Linus Arnesson
    Peter Cehlarik
    Ryan Fitzgerald
    Wiley Sherman
    Anton Blidh
    Mitchell Dempsey

Malcolm Subban
    Matthew Grzelcyk
    Seth Griffith
    Cody Payne
    Matthew Benning
    Colton Hargrove

(fr Tor) Dougie Hamilton *
    Brian Ferlin
    Rob O'Gara
    Lars Volden

(From TOR) Tyler Seguin*
    (From TOR) Jared Knight
    Ryan Spooner
    Justin Florek
    Zane Gothberg
    Maxim Chudinov
    (From CHI) Zach Trotman

Jordan Caron x*
    Ryan Button
    (From PHI) Lane MacDermid
    Tyler Randell
    Ben Sexton

Joe Colborne *
    Max Sauve
    Michael Hutchinson *
    (From CBJ) Jamie Arniel
    (From ANA) Nick Tremblay
    Mark Goggin

Zach Hamilx
    (From CHI)
    (From STL) Denis Reul
    Alain Goulet
    (From CGY) Radim Ostrcil
    Jordan Knackstedt

Phil Kessel *
    Yury Alexandrov
    (From EDM) Milan Lucic L *
    Andrew Bodnarchuk
    Levi Nelson

This is PC's picks since 2006. Take away the * players, how many of these will make the Bs roster ?. or anyone elses ? His drafting is not as good as it seems, especially when those who do make it, he trades away, only the kessell deal seems not to be a bust, the seguin deal, well this year will know for sure. Its listed that PC;s best deals were signed savard, traded for boychuk, recchi, kelly. seids. rask and signed chara in 2006. hard to argue that but he has himself in a position he cant make any deals this year without subtracting a top player in which he wont.  I dont see this team fairing as well this year and i hope i am wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Now look around the rest of the league. Tell us what you see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

From 2011

(From TOR) Jared Knight
    Ryan Spooner
    Justin Florek
    Zane Gothberg
    (From CHI) Zach Trotman

Phil Kessel *
    (From EDM) Milan Lucic L*

This is PC's picks since 2006. Take away the * players, how many of these will make the Bs roster ?. or anyone elses ? His drafting is not as good as it seems, especially when those who do make it, he trades away, only the kessell deal seems not to be a bust, the seguin deal, well this year will know for sure. Hard to argue that but he has himself in a position he cant make any deals this year without subtracting a top player in which he wont.  I dont see this team fairing as well this year and i hope i am wrong.

________________________________________________________________________________________

The players left could that could make the Bruins this fall are Spooner, KoKo and Florek. Camara and Trotman could be on the Bruins roster in 2015. 

I really don't think PC has to deal a top line player to get a RW for Soderberg with Eriksson pretty much slotted in to play with Krejci. With Kelly gone Chiarelli will have that room next March at the deadline to make any deal he needs too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wally, I don't think they have to fare "as well" this year for it to be a successful year - in fact, I would be quite happy if they finished 3rd in the east, second in the division - or something like that - and went farther in the playoffs when a hot top six, top four and goaltender can win it all for you.  

As for the drafting, how many of those guys have to make the roster for PC to be considered successful at the draft?  Except for the most recent 3 years, where we really don't know yet, you've starred at least one player in every draft class.  Sift through a few teams and tell me that's uncommonly low.  Lots of teams in the same boat.  The thing the Bruins lack is high end results from their picks other than Seguin and Hamilton.  But then they've traded their #1 three times (Horton, Kaberle, Jagr - and with the result that they went to the finals whenever they did), and since 2008, picked 16, 25, 24, 25.  The quick turn around high end prospects are gone by then and you're the lucky s.o.b. if you do find one that late like Perry or Giroux.  Maybe Dr. Zhivago's that guy - and if he is and they get a top line forward 20% of the time they draft in the bottom half of the first round, I'd guess that's better than 80% of the league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I honestly cannot fathom how you can think this.  Two teams in the whole of the NHL have been better where it matters in the last 5 years - getting to and winning the Cup  finals.

No way I can look at the starting position this year and think it should cost PC his job.  That's how you become a loser organization quickly.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I guess that's why we come here.........for varying opinions. I see no logic in saying that PC could be looking for a new job soon after the way this team has improved from top to bottom with him as GM.

I won't be as polite as you..........ridiculous, uneducated commentary.

Sections
Shortcuts