Pathetic Report Card By B's Daily

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pathetic Report Card By B's Daily

I get it, I understand how the playoffs can change how a fan/writer feels about players. But to do a report card on a season and give a C+ to the team's top points scorer and the NHL's leader in Plus-Minus rating is beyond reprehensible. It's wrong. David Krejci had a bad playoff after LEADING THE NHL IN 2 DIFFERENT PLAYOFF YEARS. Gee, like that has never happened to good to great hockey players (see Crosby), but to take the B's 12 playoff games and override Krejci brilliant 82-game regular season is ridiculous. Handing letter grades of B to Marchand (18 penalty minutes in the playoffs) and an A to Soderberg (who don't get me wrong, love the guy, but come he scored one more goal than David did in the playoffs), but a C to Krejci is laughable. Maybe David suffered on his final, but it should not negate an entire season for a grade. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Pathetic Report Card By B's Daily

Would have to agree on that.  They could also just specify that the grades are exclusively for the playoffs and then that grade would make sense.  As for a season grade, that's definitely not fair to Krejci who had another very good year.  

I think that while everyone gushes about Bergeron the Selke finalist (rightfully for the most part), they forget that Krejci led this team in points and plus/minus.  He had a really good year, and a dismal final two weeks that might knock him from an A to a B.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Yio I spotted soder before theb hockey ppl did.  I watchrd nesn and I forget the name but he was saying how surprised he was by soder... that he never thought he'd be much..

Krejci ...gets a C I agree ... put it this way u used the  word overide . Krejci big value is because he's been good in the playoffs if he was dismal every yesr in playoffs and as good as now in reg season ..... then he'd be very expendable and probablygone

Ssme for march a C too

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Danny, part of your gripe is that DK has been stellar in the playoffs prior to this year but that's not what the grade is for - It's for this season alone. But it's hard to ignore that past performance when grading him on this year as it skews your thinking a bit.  Because he's been so good I look at this recent playoff as an aberration and would be less harsh in my grading. However, it appears that whomever did the grading didn't feel that way.

So I think you have it right, as does Fletch. Very good grade during the regular season marked down from an A to a B or something like that. A C is ridiculous.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Remember hearing that Ryder's regular season numbers don't matter on BDC. Krejci's post-season numbers are what matters in the end. Krejci got shutdown by a team that has his number the last two times they met in the playoffs. I wouldn't say the report is pathetic but it does sound like the writer didn't like Krejci's non-performance.

I'm not sure I could give Krejci a B rating in the playoffs.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

Where's the guy that can't stand Thornton  .  Tell him he got an F.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:

Where's the guy that can't stand Thornton  .  Tell him he got an F.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

that's because some expect ST to put up big offensive numbers....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Its pretty harsh, but it reflects the Bruins' loss basically being on the backs of the forwards who either disappeared or gripped the sticks so tightly all they could do was hit posts or miss the net. DK seems to be the poster child for this, as just a little offense from somebody could have changed everything.  Its interesting though, that the writer thinks Spooner and Fraser had better seasons than DK.

Most of the other ratings are pretty close.  The worst thng is the way the entire item is written like the 14 year olds who write the Bleacher Report.  Jr High sad at best. Here's the best sentence structure, re: Lucic:

"It was surely a sore spot in what was a pretty solid seventh season for the seventh-year power forward."

Wow.  The Globe is paying someone for this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Most of the other ratings are pretty close.  The worst thng is the way the entire item is written like the 14 year olds who write the Bleacher Report.  Jr High sad at best. Here's the best sentence structure, re: Lucic:

Not everyone is the wordsmith we all are.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Not everyone is the wordsmith we all are.....

One of Bookboy's former students...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Its pretty harsh, but it reflects the Bruins' loss basically being on the backs of the forwards who either disappeared or gripped the sticks so tightly all they could do was hit posts or miss the net. DK seems to be the poster child for this, as just a little offense from somebody could have changed everything.  Its interesting though, that the writer thinks Spooner and Fraser had better seasons than DK.

"It was surely a sore spot in what was a pretty solid seventh season for the seventh-year power forward."

Wow.  The Globe is paying someone for this.

Nowadays, 14-year-olds have difficulty speaking English. How can we expect them to write in English?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Nowadays, 14-year-olds have difficulty speaking English. How can we expect them to write in English?

They don't have to....just need to know the text lingo. Totes!! 

Sections
Shortcuts