Patience with Bourque

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Patience with Bourque

I really want Bourque to work out.  I was hoping he would get some PP time on the late penalty to Staal tonight.  Also, he showed his skill when he got off that hard shot from the slot that just missed, and he was crashing the net all night long which was good to see.  As long as he's not a liability out there just keep rolling him, he's working hard. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Patience with Bourque

In response to hangnail's comment:

I really want Bourque to work out.  I was hoping he would get some PP time on the late penalty to Staal tonight.  Also, he showed his skill when he got off that hard shot from the slot that just missed, and he was crashing the net all night long which was good to see.  As long as he's not a liability out there just keep rolling him, he's working hard. 

Hang, nothing against Bourque but if his last name was anything else we'd all agree it was time for someone else to get a chance. Sure he works hard but he's just not strong enough out there. He's had all kinds of PP time and he's still pointless and -4 after 5 games. Add in the fact his linemates are also struggling a bit and you've got to wonder if it's the chicken or the egg. If a guy his size isn't getting points then he brings little else to the table. Regardless, I just want to see something more from the 3rd line no matter who's playing on it. Cheers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

he's working hard - true

he's not a liability - false

he needs some time - true

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

he's working hard - true

he's not a liability - false

he needs some time - true

He's not a 3rd liner.  He's not a regular 4th liner.  There is a reason he's bounced around and had to leave the league for a stint.  He's just not a serviceable NHL player.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Took a penalty tonight that got us off the PP and on the PK a short time later... had the Canes scored, some might be singing a different tune. I give him an "A" for effort, but at some point there has to be results. The really bad news is Caron is his replacement!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

They can be patient as long as they keep winning. That and the fact that their isnt a better option down Providence will probably get him ample time to prove himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

They can be patient as long as they keep winning. That and the fact that their isnt a better option down Providence will probably get him ample time to prove himself.

I'm not sure there isn't a better option in Providence.  I noticed that Bourque has the same game in the AHL as in the NHL, except his hustle gets him places in the AHL, doesn't work in the NHL.

Maybe it might be worth it to take a flyer on one of the other guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm not sure there isn't a better option in Providence.  I noticed that Bourque has the same game in the AHL as in the NHL, except his hustle gets him places in the AHL, doesn't work in the NHL.

Maybe it might be worth it to take a flyer on one of the other guys.

Badhab u were suppose to visit my thread today..just dont forget cause I will start new theeads soon......by the way I'd really like to see Caron back with the team..I know he hasnt been playing well in Providence but some players do better in the NHL than in the AHL ..this is something I cant explain but he couldnt be worst than Bourque

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I know he's not well liked on here.  But Dom Moore has had a major tragedy with the loss of his wife.  I am not sure if hes been playing or has been working out(not likely).  he has always performed well in the playoffs and I think he be a nice add.  I think he'd be a nice pick although I know many wouldn't want him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I know he's not well liked on here.  But Dom Moore has had a major tragedy with the loss of his wife.  I am not sure if hes been playing or has been working out(not likely).  he has always performed well in the playoffs and I think he be a nice add.  I think he'd be a nice pick although I know many wouldn't want him. 

I just hope the guy's life gets better. I wouldn't want to see that sort of thing befall my worst enemy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I just hope the guy's life gets better. I wouldn't want to see that sort of thing befall my worst enemy.

Sometimes the best remedy is to go to what you love.  I hope things turn around for him as well.  I always thought he was a clutch performer in the playoffs. A bit of a weasel at times but is clutch on the draw, kills pims, scored timely goals.  He also has the wheels to play on that line.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Hang, nothing against Bourque but if his last name was anything else we'd all agree it was time for someone else to get a chance. Sure he works hard but he's just not strong enough out there. He's had all kinds of PP time and he's still pointless and -4 after 5 games. Add in the fact his linemates are also struggling a bit and you've got to wonder if it's the chicken or the egg. If a guy his size isn't getting points then he brings little else to the table. Regardless, I just want to see something more from the 3rd line no matter who's playing on it. Cheers!

Agreed,  would like to see Tardiff while he is hot, with Pev and Kelly could it work.

Or Sauve or Spooner, give them all a 5 gamer unless there is an immediate chemistry.

Cj will keep him the entire season, the lineup is working, pretty well the end of story until someone gets hurt.

GOAT!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

5 games in, Bourque's performance has been underwhelming at best.

5gp 0-0-0  -4   only 2 shots while averaging 12:22 TOI (2:37 PP TOI)

Nothing that I have seen suggets that he is an NHL regular.   Caron is back skating, Bourque's run may be over soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Looking at his stats, he has scored everywhere...except the NHL.  One goal in almost 40 career NHL games.  Is that a large enough sample to call him a bust?  I don't know but if he's truly their best option right now then I don't have a problem with him getting the ice time.

Also, his penalty last night was an accidental stick in the skates and wasn't intentiional, you could see in his eyes that he felt bad about it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why don't people like Moore?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think Caron brings more to the table than Bourque.  His size, strength and net front presence are just better imo.

Caron down low:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlp=8475150&event=T.B477&cmpid=embed-share-video

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

No time for patience in a short season.  It's a feel good story without a happy ending.  He's not the right guy for that line.  Problem is, i am not sure who is.  Caron was a bust this year in the A, Pandolfo?, Spooner, Tardiff?  I thought about Moore as well.  probably be a good fit with those 2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

While the B's are on this streak, they'll leave things alone and keep rolling the 4 lines with Little Ray.

However, if they lose a couple of games you might see some moves made...my guess is they'll drop Ray's little boy down for Pandolfo...if for nothing else than a look see...they might even give Rolston another look.

In my opinion, Caron is not the answer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You would not make this statement if you had seen some more games with Spooner playing. Ryan has a much better shot than Bourque and overall hockey smarts. Bourque is better on the PP than Ryan that is why he had more points in the AHL.

"Or Sauve or Spooner, give them all a 5 gamer unless there is an immediate chemistry."

Me thinks this might be the plan and if it doesn't work then PC will make  a trade for a guy like Chimera. Tardif also deserves a chance, he has earned it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I think he may still work out he has two good line mates that are similar in quickness and he may fit in pretty well after a little while, I would like to see the 3rd line play better too but only 1 week of camp and 5 games in its not unusual for them to be a little inconsistent

well with them

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I never liked Moore and it started from watching him a lot at Harvard.  He can be a punk.  A lot of stuff behind the play and a lot of baiting people.  I just didn't like him and I was a fan of Steve Moore.  That said, I'd have no problem with him being a Bruin and would get over it quick.  Not sure we need another center though...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I never liked Moore and it started from watching him a lot at Harvard.  He can be a punk.  A lot of stuff behind the play and a lot of baiting people.  I just didn't like him and I was a fan of Steve Moore.  That said, I'd have no problem with him being a Bruin and would get over it quick.  Not sure we need another center though...

he can be punkish and that's why I put the warning label on the pkg before I tried to sell it.   We would have a lot of centers but most these guys can play the wing.  The wing is pretty simple in comparison.  Up and down the boards stay on your side. 

id like to have him on that 3rd line.  For the reasons I mentioned earlier.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

he can be punkish and that's why I put the warning label on the pkg before I tried to sell it.   We would have a lot of centers but most these guys can play the wing.  The wing is pretty simple in comparison.  Up and down the boards stay on your side. 

id like to have him on that 3rd line.  For the reasons I mentioned earlier.  

Yeah, that makes enough sense to me.

Another guy I think of is Ryan Jones in Edmonton.  They have a glut of young forwards and a lot of guys that they have more $ invested in than Jones need to get ice time.  But he seems like the perfect 3rd/4th line player to me and always seemed like a really responsible player on a team that doesn't play the most responsible hockey.  He's signed though, so it would take a trade of some sort, and he's recovering from eye surgery at the moment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

I think Caron brings more to the table than Bourque.  His size, strength and net front presence are just better imo.

Caron down low:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlp=8475150&event=T.B477&cmpid=embed-share-video

Best post of the day ...time to bring him in and see if he still can perform in the NHL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bourque has played over 400 games in the AHL and is 27 years old. How much patience is needed, and what exactly are we waiting for from him?

He's just not good enough to play in the NHL. Plain and simple.