Patience with Bourque

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Patience with Bourque

In response to kelvana33's comment:

They can be patient as long as they keep winning. That and the fact that their isnt a better option down Providence will probably get him ample time to prove himself.

Ryan Spooner says hi.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

They can be patient as long as they keep winning. That and the fact that their isnt a better option down Providence will probably get him ample time to prove himself.

You would not make this statement if you had seen some moregames with Spooner playing. Ryan has a much better shot than Bourque and overall hockey smarts. Bourque is better on the PP than Ryan that is why he had more points in the AHL.

"Or Sauve or Spooner, give them all a 5 gamer unless there is an immediate chemistry."

Me thinks this might be the plan and if it doesn't work then PC will make  a trade for a guy like Chimera. Tardif also deserves a chance, he has earned it.

I think they are babying Spooner a bit.  The guys upside is through the roof.  Sometimes teams bring raw / high upside guys around slowly.  

I may be alone on this , but I dont think Bourque has been as bad as his line indicates.  Its not like he's been invisible out there.

I wouldnt pull the plug on Bourque yet.  However, there is a chance that Spooner forces you to make a move with continued development.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm not liking the way Peverly and Kelly look so far....seems pretty clear that the decline from Ryder to Pouliot to sometimes Caron to Rolston to Bourque is a major reason.

3rd line isn't the advantage right now that it used to be, and that's not going to change with Bourque on the wing when Ryder is that standard that won a Cup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I'm not liking the way Peverly and Kelly look so far....seems pretty clear that the decline from Ryder to Pouliot to sometimes Caron to Rolston to Bourque is a major reason.

3rd line isn't the advantage right now that it used to be, and that's not going to change with Bourque on the wing when Ryder is that standard that won a Cup.

Agree you know it is bad when the fourth line is outshining the third line. After we just signed kelly and pev to long term deals. I think bourque is far from the problem. Kid looks like he is giving it his all in the last game he created two good scoring opp. but neither kelly or pev capitalized. In fact on one of the plays pev stood there and didnt even attempt to play the puck infront of the net. Kelly has played good lately but pev has been downright bad. Before i jump on the bourque to ahl bandwagon i would have to see alot more out of my high priced guys like krejci, pev, and kelly.  We have had alot of poor play out of key guys in the first 5 games so i am not going to jump on a rookie for trying his hardest on the ice every night even if he is not third line talent. We need our core to start playing better that includes boychuk, ference, krejci, kelly and pev. Then we can start talking about trying things out on the third line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If the Stars dont turn it around, its possible that Ryder is available at the deadline.

Did the NHL push back the trading deadline due to the lockout?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Agree you know it is bad when the fourth line is outshining the third line. After we just signed kelly and pev to long term deals. I think bourque is far from the problem. Kid looks like he is giving it his all in the last game he created two good scoring opp. but neither kelly or pev capitalized. In fact on one of the plays pev stood there and didnt even attempt to play the puck infront of the net. Kelly has played good lately but pev has been downright bad. Before i jump on the bourque to ahl bandwagon i would have to see alot more out of my high priced guys like krejci, pev, and kelly.  We have had alot of poor play out of key guys in the first 5 games so i am not going to jump on a rookie for trying his hardest on the ice every night even if he is not third line talent. We need our core to start playing better that includes boychuk, ference, krejci, kelly and pev. Then we can start talking about trying things out on the third line.

Krejci leads the team in scoring and both Kelly and Peverley managed to get a point despite having an anchor on the left wing. What team have you been watching?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Ryan Spooner says hi.

I've seen Spooner twice this year. Don't think he is quite ready, especialy to be on the 3rd line of a team expected to some damage. From the 2 games I saw if they had to reach down to Providence I'd go with Hansen. Again, just 2 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ryan Spooner says hi.

I've seen Spooner twice this year. Don't think he is quite ready, especialy to be on the 3rd line of a team expected to some damage. From the 2 games I saw if they had to reach down to Providence I'd go with Hansen. Again, just 2 games.

Exactly Kel. Why bring up another small player to replace someone who isn't strong enough to compete?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like Hansen as well but on the 4th line. He is a big body that plays hard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I have not really liked what I have seen from Bourque either. Give Caron another shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

San, maybe put Hansen on the 4th and move Paille up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

San, maybe put Hansen on the 4th and move Paille up.

You know I'm a big fan of Paille's Dez but last night on a few plays I was laughing so hard at how bad Roberto Duran's hands were. Now granted they must have had a tractor pull or indoor mud track racing on Sunday in Raleigh but damn are Pie Yahs hands B A D lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

San, maybe put Hansen on the 4th and move Paille u

CJ could also move Paille up and insert MacDermid into the lineup on the 4rth line. Have to use him sometime and Bourque is not exactly producing despite what Julien says to the press.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If Hanson and MacDermid are the next options for promotion ? I'd rather see them ride it out with Bourque then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

If Hanson and MacDermid are the next options for promotion ? I'd rather see them ride it out with Bourque then.

Chowdah, I guess the consensus is just that the numbers shouldn't get worse regardless of who replaces him. I'd prefer to see Caron but I really don't care who plays on that wing (Bourque included) as long as they get better results.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Kind of ironic that it's Hamilton who has an immediate impact closer to the older Bourque than the young Bourque, who has been ok, but certainly not a PP guy in my opinion. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I liked what I saw from in the 3rd period last night. Made a nice play to keep the puck in and was skating hard. I'm torn as to whether he is effecting the production of Peverley and Kelly. i do keep in mind that they have never played together before and didnt have much of a training camp which may be part of the reason. I think as long they keep winning he'll be given every chance. I'd love to see what his game looks like after he scores a goal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Ryan Spooner says hi.

Exactly Kel. Why bring up another small player to replace someone who isn't strong enough to compete?

Parise, Savard, P. Kane, C. Drury, Steve Sullivan, A. MacDonald, Timonen, S. Gomez, M. St Louis, Gionta, Recchi, Grieaux, Koivu, M. Richards, Crosby.

There have been many darn good hockey players under 6'0.  Not all smaller guys go into one category.  Just because Spooner is roughly the same size as Bourque does not mean that they are similar players.  

Spooner has unlimited offensive upside.  He has unbelievable offensive creativity and should not be shrugged off as a possible call up just because he is similar in height to Bourque.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

They arent.  Caron is the next option (I keep forgetting that he's still very young), and then probably Sauve after Caron.  I would love to see Spooner get a shot as well.

Unless of course we need physicality.  Then MacDermind would be in the mix.  But we arent looking for a physical guy to protect Krejci/Seguin.  We have Lucic/Thornton for that.  We are looking for someone who is going to ignite the third line offense.

I want to reiterate that I dont think its time to pull the plug on Bourque.  I agree w DCater that he's been "okay".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Or we could trade for Michael Ryder :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ryan Spooner says hi.

Parise, Savard, P. Kane, C. Drury, Steve Sullivan, A. MacDonald, Timonen, S. Gomez, M. St Louis, Gionta, Recchi, Grieaux, Koivu, M. Richards, Crosby.

There have been many darn good hockey players under 6'0.  Not all smaller guys go into one category.  Just because Spooner is roughly the same size as Bourque does not mean that they are similar players.  

Spooner has unlimited offensive upside.  He has unbelievable offensive creativity and should not be shrugged off as a possible call up just because he is similar in height to Bourque.

Try to keep up Drew. Nobody cares that Bourque is small. We care that he's small and weak. Marchand is small but he's much harder to knock off of the puck. Spooner has the exact same knock against him. You don't have some secret information about him that the Bruins staff is unaware of. If Spooner was strong enough and ready to play, he'd be there doing it. Why don't they call up Khoko? Why not Camara? It's because they aren't ready. Just like Spooner. Also, why would you think the #1 center in Prov is a good guy to slot in as the #3 LW in Boston?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Ryder would take too much to get back. He scored 35 goals last season and is off to a good start this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Ryder would take too much to get back. He scored 35 goals last season and is off to a good start this season.

We have a LOT of prospects.  They flirted with the idea of trading him last deadline, and are 10th right now.  If they dont turn their season around, I can see them parting with him.

Obviously, we would have to give up a ton.  But we are one gifted goal scorer away from being a complete team.  Ryder knows the system here and has experience playing w many guys on this team.  And he's always money in the postseason.

I'd be willing to part w a good amount, personally.

2nd round pick, Caron, and Tommy Cross for Ryder?

Ryder - Krejci - Lucic

Marchand - Bergy -Seguin

Horton - Peverly - Kelly

:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Ryan Spooner says hi.

Try to keep up Drew. Nobody cares that Bourque is small. We care that he's small and weak. Marchand is small but he's much harder to knock off of the puck. Spooner has the exact same knock against him. You don't have some secret information about him that the Bruins staff is unaware of. If Spooner was strong enough and ready to play, he'd be there doing it. Why don't they call up Khoko? Why not Camara? It's because they aren't ready. Just like Spooner. Also, why would you think the #1 center in Prov is a good guy to slot in as the #3 LW in Boston?

First of all, your condescending tone is not needed.   Secondly, you cant knock someone off the puck who you cant catch.  I live in Providence, Spooner skates right around people, just like Krejci did in his breakout season.  Krejci is 6'0 - 180 lbs.  Spooner is 5'10 - 175 lbs. Which one do you think would be harder to knock off the puck?

The reason they dont call him up is because he's not defensively responsible.  However, shifting to wing may help this.  Granted, he would never forecheck and have trouble in the dirty areas.  However, his stick handling, agility, one-on-one moves, passing is something to be excited about.  Maybe he isnt ready.  I agree that he could use 20 lbs on his frame.  However, Im only advocating for giving him a shot to see what he can do if the third line needs a spark.  He is a spark.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

First of all, your condescending tone is not needed.   Secondly, you cant knock someone off the puck who you cant catch.  I live in Providence, Spooner skates right around people, just like Krejci did in his breakout season.  Krejci is 6'0 - 180 lbs.  Spooner is 5'10 - 175 lbs. Which one do you think would be harder to knock off the puck?

The reason they dont call him up is because he's not defensively responsible.  However, shifting to wing may help this.  Granted, he would never forecheck and have trouble in the dirty areas.  However, his stick handling, agility, one-on-one moves, passing is something to be excited about.  Maybe he isnt ready.  I agree that he could use 20 lbs on his frame.  However, Im only advocating for giving him a shot to see what he can do if the third line needs a spark.  He is a spark.

[/QUOTE]

Nor is your list of players under 6 feet at all necessary. Your living in Prov doesn't mean you have some secret info on Spooner and the P-B's. It only means you've gotten too close and developed a man crush on Spooner. Of course Krejci would be harder to knock off of the puck because he's been fully grown for years and been privvy to the coaches and training that are needed to develop the proper core strength needed to compete. I'll conclude by pointing out that it was you who also felt that Bourque was some a real gem that might also produce when frankly, he can't even match Zach Hamill's NHL numbers, despite the fact he was given far more PP time to work with. So I hope you'll forgive me for not buying into the Spooner fantasy that you're trying to sell us.

Sections
Shortcuts