Patience with Bourque

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Patience with Bourque

In response to Olsonic's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

But im also okay with continuing w Bourque.  I dont think hes been that bad.

He's better than Caron, but I'm starting to think my preference for bourque is simply because he plays more up-tempo... He certainly isn't producing more. It was painful to watch Caron lethargically lunk around the ice and do absolutely nothing; at least with Bourque you can see he's trying.

But at some point, you need to find guys that are going to contribute. Zero points and -4 isn't gonna cut it. I like the kid, but when you're a cup contender, it's just too risky to have a kid taking a regular shift because the fans like his last name. Our third line needs to be a scoring threat because our top two lines have too many off-days. The Bruins win because they are deep, and right now Bouque is not helping. Poliout was much better.

I'm fine with giving him a few more games, but we're gonna have to shake that line up if he continues to give us nothing. 

Surely you can provide a chart to support this assertion then right? Bourque has been worse than useless. He's been a liability that has affected his linemates. Caron was never a liability and he actually made space for his linemates.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Dezaruchi

Surely you can provide a chart to support this assertion then right? Bourque has been worse than useless. He's been a liability that has affected his linemates. Caron was never a liability and he actually made space for his linemates.

I went on, in the very next sentence, to explain that I thought my preference for Bourque was an illusion; it was a bias based solely on how active he is on the ice relative to Caron. When I look more objectively at the situation, they are both inadequate.

I think most people agree that the solution to the 3rd line probably isn't Chris Bourque, but it isn't Jordan Caron either. We're gonna need to swing a trade. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another look at Providence is warranted.  The team was really clicking last time I went to see them. As a matter of fact they were up 3 goals before I even walked into the bulding.  Someone is doing something right down there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I went on, in the very next sentence, to explain that I thought my preference for Bourque was an illusion; it was a bias based solely on how active he is on the ice relative to Caron. When I look more objectively at the situation, they are both inadequate.

I think most people agree that the solution to the 3rd line probably isn't Chris Bourque, but it isn't Jordan Caron either. We're gonna need to swing a trade. 

That's not necessarily true Ols. Caron had plenty of good nights in the final 3rd of the season last year. He's a big body with a heavy shot who's able to create space for his linemates. Let someone else have a chance to play in Bourque's spot before worrying about needing a trade. The team has earned 11 out of 12 points after all. BTW, I do understand how the Bourque illusion can get people because he is certainly working hard and finishing his checks. He is actually 2nd amongst the forwards in checks with 12 (Lucic 25) but you can hardly notice that Bourque is checking. The trouble is, the guys he's "hitting" hardly notice either. I love his effort but Bourque just doesn't look like an NHLer to me. Cheers! Go Bruins!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know if management agrees the answer isn't Jordan Caron.  He's the biggest reason the Bruins didn't sign someone more established - they wanted to give him a full-on shot at that role.  I'm still convinced that the only way he doesn't get it is if Bourque starts contributing.

In favour of patience - he'd surely have a point or two and a better plus/minus if Peverley could just bury one of the myriad chances he's had.  Holy snakebit.  Kelly has also had virtually zero offensive presence this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Maybe I'm being too fussy, but did anyone notice him on the PP flubbing some passes - receiving and taking?  And the play where he broke in on goal and collected his rebound in the corner?  I know that pass went errant as well.  Maybe that was on the PP, can't remember.

He does hustle, I recall he raced back with a defenseman on an icing call last night.

OK, time for my conspiracy theory, this time the man on the grassy knoll is Ray Bourque.  Maybe this is some behind the scenes deal with Ray?  How many NHL games does Chris have to see before he gets a big paycheck?  And then once Chris gets his paycheck and a chance Ray will come aboard as an advisor or sort of skating coach or whatever that Don Sweeney did before he became the assistant GM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Spooner and Tardif have earned a shot at a few games as Bourque did. On the other hand the PBruins are trying to go for home ice in the 1st round, so i'm hoping PC is careful. I know that doesn't mean much for Bruins fans that don't care about Providence but I do becuase Boston did horribly in the draft from 2007-2009. If Julien decides he wants Caron back, I believe management is going this way, it will not hurt the PBruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

But im also okay with continuing w Bourque.  I dont think hes been that bad.

He's better than Caron, but I'm starting to think my preference for bourque is simply because he plays more up-tempo... He certainly isn't producing more. It was painful to watch Caron lethargically lunk around the ice and do absolutely nothing; at least with Bourque you can see he's trying.

But at some point, you need to find guys that are going to contribute. Zero points and -4 isn't gonna cut it. I like the kid, but when you're a cup contender, it's just too risky to have a kid taking a regular shift because the fans like his last name. Our third line needs to be a scoring threat because our top two lines have too many off-days. The Bruins win because they are deep, and right now Bouque is not helping. Poliout was much better.

I'm fine with giving him a few more games, but we're gonna have to shake that line up if he continues to give us nothing. 

Agreed on all counts.  Because Caron's play has been frustrating over the last two years, its  easy to forget how young he still is.  He just turned 22.  I have to keep reminding myself of this.  Should the third line continue to underwelm, I think Caron should be considered.

Of course, there are other guys (internal options and trade candidates) who should also be considered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Im not claiming to know more than you or anyone else.  ANother poster wrote that Bourque should have a longer leash because we dont really have any forward prospects worth calling up.  I was disagreeing with this notion, as I think we have some pretty good forward prospects.  Spooner , Knight, Sauve, Caron.  Of course its posible that Sauve and Spooner arent ready.  They both have things they need to work on.  Im just saying that if the third line needs a spark, lets try one of ou rintriguing prospects. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe I am that poster. 

I was responding to other posters saying maybe bring up MacDermid or Hanson. I responded by saying if they are the next 2 options specifically I'd rather the B's ride out Bourque.

I didn't really need you telling me what was down on the farm ( Spooner ) besides these two. I think I've seen him once or twice or.......

It had nothing to do with what I was saying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Im not claiming to know more than you or anyone else.  ANother poster wrote that Bourque should have a longer leash because we dont really have any forward prospects worth calling up.  I was disagreeing with this notion, as I think we have some pretty good forward prospects.  Spooner , Knight, Sauve, Caron.  Of course its posible that Sauve and Spooner arent ready.  They both have things they need to work on.  Im just saying that if the third line needs a spark, lets try one of ou rintriguing prospects. 

[/QUOTE]

I was responding to other posters saying maybe bring up MacDermid or Hanson. I responded by saying if they are the next 2 options specifically I'd rather the B's ride out Bourque.

I didn't really need you telling me what was down on the farm ( Spooner ) besides these two. I think I've seen him once or twice or.......

[/QUOTE]

MacDermid is already up and sooner or later will play a game. It will be interesting who sits out when he does.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Maybe I'm being too fussy, but did anyone notice him on the PP flubbing some passes - receiving and taking?  And the play where he broke in on goal and collected his rebound in the corner?  I know that pass went errant as well.  Maybe that was on the PP, can't remember.

He does hustle, I recall he raced back with a defenseman on an icing call last night.

OK, time for my conspiracy theory, this time the man on the grassy knoll is Ray Bourque.  Maybe this is some behind the scenes deal with Ray?  How many NHL games does Chris have to see before he gets a big paycheck?  And then once Chris gets his paycheck and a chance Ray will come aboard as an advisor or sort of skating coach or whatever that Don Sweeney did before he became the assistant GM.

No, but I did notice that Lucic was having trouble with fluttering pucks on his stick more then normal last night though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[/QUOTE]

MacDermid is already up and sooner or later will play a game. It will be interesting who sits out when he does.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong choice of words. I know he's part of the 23 man roster. Inserted into the lineup. Better ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[/QUOTE]

Wrong choice of words. I know he's part of the 23 man roster. Inserted into the lineup. Better ?

[/QUOTE]

Sure...who do you think he will replace when he plays? The obvious choice is Thornton but CJ never sits Shawn out unless he is injured and Mac will have to play sooner rather than later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Why change anything in the lineup we have not lost in regulation yet. We have the best record in tHe east. Am I missing something, how about we wait until we lose in regulation before we start shifting around the lines. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Sure...who do you think he will replace when he plays? The obvious choice is Thornton but CJ never sits Shawn out unless he is injured and Mac will have to play sooner rather than later.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not see MacDermid at all. Injuries happen though and we probably will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Sorry for the misinterpretation.  I completley agree that I'd rather ride it out w Bourque than go w/ MacDermind or Hanson.  I was disagreeing with the post that suggested that these two are next in line should the third line continue to underwelm.  Just because MacDermind is with the team and has NHL experience does not mean that he will be called upon to provide an offensive spark to the third line.  That's not his game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mac will either spell Thornton, or sub for any fourth line injury (if Campbell gets injured, Paille will got to 4th C, and Mac will be a 4th wing).  He will probably also play if Paille is promoted to the third line opening a spot on the fourth.

I dont think that Mac will play anything above line 4.  I honestly think that he's Thornton's eventual replacement. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not see MacDermid at all. Injuries happen though and we probably will.

[/QUOTE]

He wont play on a top 3 line.  Thats not what he's here for.  Someone like Caron , Spoone, Sauve (or maybe even Paille) will get the nod.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Sorry for the misinterpretation.  I completley agree that I'd rather ride it out w Bourque than go w/ MacDermind or Hanson.  I was disagreeing with the post that suggested that these two are next in line should the third line continue to underwelm.  Just because MacDermind is with the team and has NHL experience does not mean that he will be called upon to provide an offensive spark to the third line.  That's not their game.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the third line needs less of an offensive spark than a steady presence? Just throwing it out there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Completely agree. Sorry for the misinterpretation.  I completley agree that I'd rather ride it out w Bourque than go w/ MacDermind or Hanson.  I was disagreeing with the post that suggested that these two are next in line should the third line continue to underwelm.  Just because MacDermind is with the team and has NHL experience does not mean that he will be called upon to provide an offensive spark to the third line.  That's not their game.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the third line needs less of an offensive spark than a steady presence? Just throwing it out there.

[/QUOTE]

I personally think that the third line needs Peverly to play better (to start).  But I see your point.  I almost wouldnt mind seeing Mac on the second line.  Creating some space for Seguin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I personally think that the third line needs Peverly to play better (to start).  But I see your point.  I almost wouldnt mind seeing Mac on the second line.  Creating some space for Seguin.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, personally I would not be comfortable at all if Mac was put anywhere other than on the 4rth line. Again, Paille could possible move up taking Bourque's spot with Mac on the 4rth line. However,  that just might disrupt two lines.

But the guy is going to have to play eventually, and sooner rather than later. He can't sit in the press box for 48 straight. Perhaps CJ is doing to him what he did to Boychuk his first season where Johnny sat and learned for almost half the season and then jumped in almost immediately to become a regular. Who knows.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Paille should never be on the 3rd line he jsut doesn't have it. The reason that we've seen Daniel on the 3rd, this early season, is becuase Julien through him out there after Bourque missed more defensive assignments. Julien probably wanted Chris too watch abit while coaching him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I wonder if Bourque is going to get an extra long look because PC doesn't think he'd clear waivers, which is what would have to happen before Bourque could be sent down.

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/nhl-waiver-rules-explained/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks Dez, kinda makes you think there are a number of different options.  I disagree on the thought "the Bs are winning now" so don't touch it.  If a line is not clicking then it is time to find a solution.  Chris taking a shootout was a Happy Birthday wish.  Outside of Kelly, the third line is not affective imo.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't know if management agrees the answer isn't Jordan Caron.  He's the biggest reason the Bruins didn't sign someone more established -

yeah, I think you're right on about this.

Sections
Shortcuts