Patrice Bergeron - a class act

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Patrice Bergeron - a class act

This post heading should come as no surprise. I was able to meet Patrice through his brother Guillaume who I came up for a game to Boston from Quebec City. I was with another buddy and we were able to have great seats for the game and meet Patrice after the game to sign autographs. He truly is a great guy ( as is his brother) and asked us if we were happy with our seats . I also met Danny Paille, Milan Lucic and Johnny Boychuk. Unfortunately it was the 4-3 loss to Washington, but I was able to find out some interesting inside stuff about the team. 
    One true story that I dont know if it  was ever mentioned on these  boards was Marchand told the referee before game three of the series against Philly last year not to drop the puck as Darell Powe was lined up for the opening faceoff and he said that the Bruins were going to score. He even looked back at Laviolette  and said the same thing that he couldn't possibly have Powe on the ice to start the game. In the end the game started and Chara scored  and the forward who left him open was yes Powe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Re: Patrice Bergeron - a class act

Every story you heard MUST be told. Now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I had brought up the Khubodin Cup photo and all the rookies partying in up in the room shots I saw, Arniel, Kampfer. The players weren't happy and Khubodin was nicknamed MVP during training camp. Chris Kelly when he arrived in Boston was roomed with Ryder and nicknamed him the ghost. It was really great to shake hands with Lucic and I enjoyed talkng to Jordan Caron's dad in the waiting room where families wait for the plaers after the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I doubt we'll ever hear anything negative about Patrice Bergeron the person.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

eh....I'm from Quebec city too....can I get a phone call next time ??  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Oh, that being said, we should have the chance to see the Bruins in action in Québec sooner than later !!! Bring the Coyotes !!! It will be a dream come true to see the Bruins live 15 minutes frome home, like when I was a teenage boy. I once had been photographed with Cam Neely, after a game against the Nordiques....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good stuff mon frere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron - a class act:
    [QUOTE]Good stuff mon frere.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Legion. I think you were at that game. I had a hard time posting back then ... password problems. Hope you are doing well in Mtl. Patrice had been told he would be a 4th rounder by the Habs .. no wonder ha hates them so much!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron - a class act : Thanks Legion. I think you were at that game. I had a hard time posting back then ... password problems. Hope you are doing well in Mtl. Patrice had been told he would be a 4th rounder by the Habs .. no wonder ha hates them so much!!!
    Posted by Bruins6[/QUOTE]

I also got to meet Lucic (and his mom) in the waiting room where the players come out from the dressing room back in the 06 playoffs when they beat Montreal in OT (then losing in game7).
    Lucic was such a sport, he signed a Bruins track suit I purchased for my nephew., Lucic's mom asked me which player had invited me and I whispered to her " Komisarek and this is his dad next me"  I was at the game with 3 other Hab fans and that game was when I noticed the rivalary between Komisarek and Lucic.

Funny story

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

AWSOME Bs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]AWSOME Bs
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

I had a rivalary myself with Komisarek, he's everything NY and myself Boston.
    During the NHL lockout that was when the Red Sox made the big come back against the Yankees. I remember he couldn't believe I was a Sox fan and taunted me as the series, as we all know, started bad that year. The rest was history and I had the last laugh.
    That was cut short when I was at a Superbowl party and we bet 50.00 , myself taking th Pats and of course he took the Giants. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good story.  I believe it too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

http://www.sullysbrand.com/products/keep-calm-and-bergeron-shirt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hey thanks guys for some great stories. Keep them up...Would one of you gentleman start a thread, Best Bruin Stories Ever !   That would be awesome...thanks again !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Couple of last little tidbits that I heard was Seguin's benching last year was a result of disrespecting a veteran (Recchi) and Julien not wanting to lose his room.
    The B's will be players for Zach Parise if they have the room.... that's it I cant say anymore ... I also forgot to mention that I met Lane MacDermid's girlfriend at the game, I told her Lane was getting good reviews and had a bright future (I am not so sure of that) but hey she was really nice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

I never met any B's players, but in the early 80's I came very close to get Normand Léveillé's jersey as a gift (a jersey he wore during a game)

My sister was working with Normand's mother in a hospital in St-Laurent (Montreal). My sister had the chance to meet Normand on a couple of occasions, as he was stopping by the hospital just to say hello to his mom. A real class act as per my sister and Mme Léveillé was very proud of her son.

My sister told Normand's mother about her brother (me !!!) being a huge B's fan for the last... 500 years !!!! and asked if it would be possible to get a signed official jersey (wore by Normand during a game). She wanted to give it to me for Christmas. My sister got the OK from Normand (via his mother) just few days later, that he'd be very happy to get me his jersey.... unfortunately this "set up" happened just few days before Normand had his accident in Vancouver and I've never been able to get Normand's jersey as he and his family members had vital priorities at that moment...

Merci quand même Norm !!!!!  and I still have tears when I see you skating on the Garden rink during the last hurrah in 1995 !!!

I don't have your jersey, but Thank God you are still alive and invest yourself so much for people in desperate need.

Salut Norm !!

Sections
Shortcuts