Patrice Bergeron NHL's Smartest Player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Patrice Bergeron NHL's Smartest Player

I finally figured out the best way to describe Patrice. He is a Wayne Gretzky-thinker from a mindset point of view. He doesn't have Gretzky's super-scoring ability, but what he has is a Gretzky-type brain. He is a step ahead in his thinking on passes, on setups, on throwing picks, on taking the shot rather than giving it up, on 1-timers. If Bergeron played with snipers all the time, he'd score 100 points. Savard was similar a few years ago in his prime. I love just how Patrice plays the game. He is a complete player and the team's leader. The series changed when he dressed for game 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Patrice Bergeron NHL's Smartest Player

Savard was not or is not the "complete" guy the way Bergeron is, but was a thinker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bergy = Datsyuk lite...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if i were a gm looking to build a team, patrice bergeron would be my #1 pick. period

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron NHL's Smartest Player:
    [QUOTE]if i were a gm looking to build a team, patrice bergeron would be my #1 pick. period
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Lets not go crazy. He wouldnt go top 10 in any fantasy draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ILH...fantasy draft is about point production. let me present it to you this way, would you pick ovechkin over bergeron? not me. top faceoff guy in the league, plays both ends of the ice, and is a lead by example guy. that's how i build MY team, you can build yours any way YOU see fit. oh yeah he's only 25, best years a yet to come. i find it cute that adults play "fantasy" games. a big game of make pretend. i prefer the real world

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Coudlnt agree more....literally said the same thing to a co-worker this morning, the smartest player in a B's uni in a long-long time!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron NHL's Smartest Player : Lets not go crazy. He wouldnt go top 10 in any fantasy draft.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

very good player, wouldnt be in ANY g.m's top 10 if they were building a team.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

to your point FWTK, the team that has won the faceoff battle has won every game this series. can't underestimate how important bergeron is to his team. he's the heart and soul

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oops...meant to address RWTK, not FWTK- 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron NHL's Smartest Player : very good player, wouldnt be in ANY g.m's top 10 if they were building a team.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I meant this not fantasy draft./

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

we have some good points here and some not so good points. Comparing him to Gretzky is flat out stupid. They both think/thought the game very well, but in completely different ways. I do think Bergeron is basically the perfect hockey player, because he has so much intelligence, skill, and battle in him. he is not adam oates lite, the pavel datsyuk lite comparison is PERFECT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

He doesn't have Datsyuk's hands but thats not a knock on him either . . . no one does

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

whiiiiiiiiiiich is one of the reasons why he is datsyuk lite

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron NHL's Smartest Player : very good player, wouldnt be in ANY g.m's top 10 if they were building a team.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

i probably agree with you but, that could change if the b's win the cup and bergeron wins the conn smythe.  he'd have a lot more respect and recognition around the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

spot on goodnews, let's not forget what patrice had to get thru to start his young career. he lost almost two years with the two hits to the head he took. he's only 25 years old. if those two years were healthy years, he'd be even further along in the development of his play. the patrice bergeron secret is out. one of team canada's top 12 forwards is most certainly a guy you build a team around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Bergy = Datsyuk lite...
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it, ILH!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm not comparing him to Gretzky as a player, I'm comparing his on-ice vision to Gretzky because Wayne was always a step ahead of the play, Bergeron has that ability. If you would read the post, try to use understanding. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not comparing him to Gretzky as a player, I'm comparing his on-ice vision to Gretzky because Wayne was always a step ahead of the play, Bergeron has that ability. If you would read the post, try to use understanding. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

i know, i read the post, and its just a silly idea. their on ice vision isn't comparable...gretzky wins that battle. the only area in which bergy wins is his battle, and his defensive positioning. i understand you aren't comparing them as players, but you really can't compare them at all unless your going to just say "they were/are both great hockey players"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]ILH...fantasy draft is about point production. let me present it to you this way, would you pick ovechkin over bergeron? not me. top faceoff guy in the league, plays both ends of the ice, and is a lead by example guy. that's how i build MY team, you can build yours any way YOU see fit. oh yeah he's only 25, best years a yet to come. i find it cute that adults play "fantasy" games. a big game of make pretend. i prefer the real world
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I think there are many GM's that would prefer Bergeron over Ovechkin considering overall game and bang for your buck.Bergeron makes half of what Ovechkin is paid.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

i'd say krejci is more datsyuk-lite than bergy.  Krejci has such good body control and he's so clever in tight spaces - but either way, when you can compare your top two centers to arguably the NHL's best center the past 5 years its a compliment to both. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]i'd say krejci is more datsyuk-lite than bergy.  Krejci has such good body control and he's so clever in tight spaces - but either way, when you can compare your top two centers to arguably the NHL's best center the past 5 years its a compliment to both. 
    Posted by grego84[/QUOTE]
    DK hasn't got the defensive skills to match Datsyuk. Bergeron has a more comparable overall game.