Patrice Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Patrice Bergeron

Just to get off trade topics here, Bergeron, whats his worth today ?

Ive loved this guy since his world juniors and remember how so many speculated he was done after his concussion, so lets get some real opinions, what would he bring in a trade right now ?(AND NO i dont want him traded)

I think to the right team he would bring a couple of 1st and 2nd round draft picks and a prospect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Patrice Bergeron

29 teams would be begging for him.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Ive loved this guy since his world juniors and remember how so many speculated he was done after his concussion, so lets get some real opinions, what would he bring in a trade right now ?(AND NO i dont want him traded)

I think to the right team he would bring a couple of 1st and 2nd round draft picks and a prospect.

That sounds about right. There was well documented news that Steve Yzerman was ready to give Bergeron a 6yr/$6mill per deal if he was to hit the market before his last extention.

Every NHL team will lineup at the door and offer a substantial package for him. Love the guy, heart and soul of this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Bergeron is Mr. Everything.  I expect him to be named captain after Chara hangs 'em up.  Any GM who trades Bergeron away before another career-altering concussion or his late 30s will be run out of the city by a torch weilding crowd.  I would be there handing out torches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

will you shut up?  Sidney can still text ya know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Patrice is still under contract and without looking it up as I recall it was reasonably a bargain.

He would get premium in return.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Perhaps Don-Bruino will go for Crosby's hands next if you ask him a favour...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

29 teams would be begging for him. 

1st round picks an high end prospects would just be the start.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

1st round picks an high end prospects would just be the start.

How about a Kessel-like deal?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Shutting up :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Hope he retires a Bruin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Bergeron = NO TRADE ....that is in my world.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Too many variables.  If he's a pending UFA and wants to test the market, I think we're seeing that the going rate is a first and a couple of prospects.  If it was to be done tomorrow?  I wouldn't be surprised if he fetched a couple of firsts and something.  If there was a bidding war?  I could see someone going very big for a Selke winner with a Stanley Cup winning goal on his resume.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A defensively responsible second line center who is good at faceoffs and has some offensive flair.

He's a lot more valuable to the Bruins than what I think they'd get for him in trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

can't think of an athlete that i respect more.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NAS I think you are way under-playing Bergeron in that post. He won the Selke. He scored the cup-clinching goal, and added another for good measure. He's almost a point-per-game and is beginning to get his game back to pre-concussion when it comes to offense. He plays in any and all situations. He leads the league in faceoff percentage. I don't think there is a single team that wouldn't be willing to offer the moon for him. That's just my .02

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

NAS I think you are way under-playing Bergeron in that post. He won the Selke. He scored the cup-clinching goal, and added another for good measure. He's almost a point-per-game and is beginning to get his game back to pre-concussion when it comes to offense. He plays in any and all situations. He leads the league in faceoff percentage. I don't think there is a single team that wouldn't be willing to offer the moon for him. That's just my .02

That cocussion was in 2007, Lambda.  If he is still being affected by it in 2013, there is something a lot bigger going on.

He's a great player, but he would never be traded for the same package a top line guy would be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That cocussion was in 2007, Lambda.  If he is still being affected by it in 2013, there is something a lot bigger going on.

He's a great player, but he would never be traded for the same package a top line guy would be.

Wrong.

You can have on going symptoms for years and even permanent lapses throughout your lifetime. Whether or not it lingers does not always measure the severity of the injury. 

You can have a grade-1 concussion but still suffer from extreme headaches and sensitivity to noise and light as you would with a grade-3. It's about the swelling and not always the symptoms, those vary.

So, in Bergeron’s case he can suffer from headaches let’s say but it would not be related to any past trauma. However, if a correlation is made through a diagnosis that it is linked to past trauma that in itself is still suspect on assuming he is suffering from anything “bigger” than normal concussion symptoms. Unless, of course, doctors detect some abnormality in blood circulation that may lead to hemorrhage then your assumption would have some validation.

All in all, I highly doubt he’s having re-occurring episodes. The kid is healthy and getting better every year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Alright, I don't want a(nother) shot either if the glass is always half empty...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Right and he had another minor one in 2011. He still hasn't used his big one-timer that he used to launch from Stamkos' spot. The fact of the matter is that I would bet that most teams would consider Bergeron a top-line forward because he consistently plays first line minutes and is available for any situation.

Sections
Shortcuts