Patrick Kaleta: Probably questionable for Thur. Game vs Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Patrick Kaleta: Probably questionable for Thur. Game vs Bruins

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21623710/video-kaleta-in-hospital-for-precautionary-reasons-after-mike-brown-hit

"I thought he was sideways," Ruff said. "Some of the obligation is on the player. I didn't think he was defenseless. It's a tough area.

"It's not a blatant run of a guy from behind. He's had the neck issues in the past. ... We want to make sure that there's nothing there."

"It's not often you see a coach being so honest when it was one of his players who was hit, but he's right on in this case. Kaleta clearly looked over and saw the oncoming Brown before he turned into the boards and probably made the hit a lot worse."

If a Bruin had made the hit Lindy wouldn't be sining that tune. I just want all players on the ice n healthy for this game thatI have been looking forward too. Yes I want to see a hockey game but I want to see some emotion as well. Love the division rivalry games.

Odds on Campbell vs. Ott going at it their 1st faceoff together ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Patrick Kaleta: Probably questionable for Thur. Game vs Bruins

I hope Ott gets squared off with Thornton.

I honestly don't see Kaleta turning there. It looks like Brown lined up his numbers and skated him into the boards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I thougth it was a good hit. I don't want anyone hurt, but I think Kaleta was partly responsible for it. Brown was just doing his job. If not he's in the A.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21623710/video-kaleta-in-hospital-for-precautionary-reasons-after-mike-brown-hit

"I thought he was sideways," Ruff said. "Some of the obligation is on the player. I didn't think he was defenseless. It's a tough area.

"It's not a blatant run of a guy from behind. He's had the neck issues in the past. ... We want to make sure that there's nothing there."

"It's not often you see a coach being so honest when it was one of his players who was hit, but he's right on in this case. Kaleta clearly looked over and saw the oncoming Brown before he turned into the boards and probably made the hit a lot worse."

If a Bruin had made the hit Lindy wouldn't be sining that tune. I just want all players on the ice n healthy for this game thatI have been looking forward too. Yes I want to see a hockey game but I want to see some emotion as well. Love the division rivalry games.

Odds on Campbell vs. Ott going at it their 1st faceoff together ?

No doubt...The season officially starts on thursday. The next few weeks are going to be amped all the way up with emotion. Scabres and Scabs dead ahead , multiple bogies. Great entertainment on the way- doesn't get any better!

This lockout thing kinda works - the compressed schedule is intense , and a game almost every other day is awesome .

Come and get some -

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No Kaleta? Then who is Lucic going to pummel?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109643

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I wanna see a playoff atmosphere, lots of hitting. Crazy to think the playoffs are not that far off...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I just hope the Bruins beat the Sabres so they are in the exact same spot they were in before they "got tough".

I hope everybody buzzes and snows Miller every chance they get though.  He's fragile...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I just hope the Bruins beat the Sabres so there are in the exact same spot they were in before they "got tough".

I hope everybody buzzes and snows Miller every chance they get though.  He's fragile...

The Sabres will try to play tough, and we all know what happens when teams try to do that with Boston. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't know, I think Scott beats Thornton in a fight and Ott probably beats Campbell.  We'll see though.  

More importantly, I hope the Bruins win the game and stick up for eachother.  If Ruff is more worried about the fight card than the scoreboard, the Bruins win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Right after the 2nd Bruins goalie interfernce last I switched over to the Sabres-Leafs to do a little scoreboard watching...you know watch two teams not play the hybrid-trap plus stop yawning. Low n behold a Leafs player falls on Miller in the crease, the ref calmly skates over from the corner and helps the TO player off Miller.

No Call all the while the play remained in the offensive zone. Refs need some consitency here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

First game I circled when I saw the new schedule... can't wait! And Habs next Wed with PK back!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm against staged fights with goons, obviously, but the fights tonight have meaning.  Buffalo is going to try to flex their new found muscle and they are going to get beat for it.

As someone mentioned above, this is a circle on the calendar (or a tap on the iPhone) game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

No Kaleta? Then who is Lucic going to pummel?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109643

Hopefully Steve Ott

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Julien should play McQuaid and MacDermid for this one, might prevent chara or Lucid from having to drop em tonite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I hope Ott gets squared off with Thornton.

I honestly don't see Kaleta turning there. It looks like Brown lined up his numbers and skated him into the boards.

Take another look and watch the entire video, even Rob Ray says he took a look and saw him coming then turned, Kaleta was probably trying to draw a penalty doing that and ended up getting hurt lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Julien should play McQuaid and MacDermid for this one, might prevent chara or Lucid from having to drop em tonite.

Said this on another thread that MacDermid will probably play tonight and Bourque sits. If Chiarelli is now keeping Chris becuase he is afraid of losing him therough waivers then watching a few games will help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

For the Bruins, keep the same lineup and play to win the game.

The Sabres having lost their last 4 , need a win. If they focus on trying to prove to the Bruins how big their balls are it will take away from what they need, 2 points.

They need to have their best players out playing their best games, not John Scott taking up ice time, chopping up the ice with his skating and looking for fights.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'd like this more if the Bruins PP was working. It'd give Buffalo something to think about before they think about engaging in revenge. But teams don't generally have to worry about playing a man short against Boston. (still miss you Marc)

Should be a good brawl tonight.   

Sections
Shortcuts